:lol::lol::lol::lol:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
A guy in NC shot a video of that.

I saw that one... that wisp hardly moved at all during the whole shoot... There was another area of that type of cloud that looked like it was a line of them almost ( one in front of the other, not side by side )

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just got back from the hospital... My Mom had some type of spell as they were getting ready to go to her eye doctor appointment... We are currently thinking a minor stroke as one possibility. She's had a CAT scan first and it came back as ok, they then did a MRI on her around 6pm and still waiting to hear the results back on that one. My niece used to work for this hospital's radiology dept... so I suspect she'd probably giving them what for about now considering how long it's been.

All we know at this point, is that she has high blood pressure ( may be caused by a cold medication she's on ), a UTI ( which is common for her ) and what isn't common for her and has us concerned, is a real high blood sugar count. She ate a chicken pot pie for lunch at 2on and she doesn't recall if she had any candy before that... but either one shouldn't account for the high sugar count ( 6+ hours later ). The MRI should help prove or disprove if a stroke was involved or not.

Crossing fingers... they find a reason so she can start on something for recovery.

Add - 9:34pm CDT .... Just got the call that they confirmed a mini stroke... so now that is anwered at least.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Sorry about your Mom Redsok! It's hard when something happens to Moms!

Truth...

Just knowing the cause has dropped things down to the very concerned level from the unknown level that things were at to begin with. At the start, we were thinking mini stroke so it wasn't a surprise and we're happy it wasn't found to be worse. She looked much better from the time I got there to 4 hours later... At first, she had dark rings around her eyes, they were almost normal looking when I left. Her BP had dropped down to a much better level. I'm uncertain where her sugar level was when she got there, so that's still a concern. She was coherent and knew what was going on as well as around her, but pretty confused about stuff in general.

They will do additional tests tomorrow... and of course determine a course of action. I also know that today, that recovery after a stroke of any type is much more likely than in the past. This being a mini stroke, just improves the odds that much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread