Official DiscountVapers.com Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
hope everything goes well my friend and i will keep your mom in my prayers.

Truth...

Just knowing the cause has dropped things down to the very concerned level from the unknown level that things were at to begin with. At the start, we were thinking mini stroke so it wasn't a surprise and we're happy it wasn't found to be worse. She looked much better from the time I got there to 4 hours later... At first, she had dark rings around her eyes, they were almost normal looking when I left. Her BP had dropped down to a much better level. I'm uncertain where her sugar level was when she got there, so that's still a concern. She was coherent and knew what was going on as well as around her, but pretty confused about stuff in general.

They will do additional tests tomorrow... and of course determine a course of action. I also know that today, that recovery after a stroke of any type is much more likely than in the past. This being a mini stroke, just improves the odds that much more.

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
tumblr_m5y6frnbxh1ro3pofo1_500.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
A quick Mom update....

Her blood sugar level has returned to normal... I expected it but was still concerned since it was so far out of the norm for her. They've scheduled a second CAT scan for a follow up... She was unable to get any sleep last night which surprised me considering how tired she looked when I left... knowing her, she was probably worrying about what Dad was going to do for dinner/breakfast since he usually requires a bit of encouragement to eat much these days. Hopefully the doctor will make their rounds and we'll get an update from them ... crossing fingers that it will be before noon.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I got another update a little over an hour ago...

What Mom had was some ischemic strokes, caused by blood vessel blockages like those when the vessels narrow or blood clots close off the flow to the brain... one was deep in the head and another in the neck are the ones I heard about. These are not as bad as a hemorrhagic where there is a burst blood vessel. They will likely keep her at the hospital for a couple ( or more ) days. Tomorrow they'll implant something to monitor things with and she'll keep that for 30-45 days. They will then transfer her to a physical therapy hospital for about 1-3 weeks for physical, occupational and speach therapies as needed.

I'll be heading back up there in just a bit... and probably won't get back home for a while.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Catching up... lol

i might start over wacthing it sometime soon, the UK version seems to be on youtube so if netflix yanks it, (they may have already) i guess i can wacth some of it there
Every time I start a new episode on Netflix, a little message pops up for a few seconds that says "Available until November 1st". So, I've got a few more days left to watch it on Netflix, and was wondering where to go afterwards. Good to know it might all be on YT (there are 10 series, and I'm only on 5!).
Just got back from the hospital... My Mom had some type of spell as they were getting ready to go to her eye doctor appointment... We are currently thinking a minor stroke as one possibility. She's had a CAT scan first and it came back as ok, they then did a MRI on her around 6pm and still waiting to hear the results back on that one. My niece used to work for this hospital's radiology dept... so I suspect she'd probably giving them what for about now considering how long it's been.

All we know at this point, is that she has high blood pressure ( may be caused by a cold medication she's on ), a UTI ( which is common for her ) and what isn't common for her and has us concerned, is a real high blood sugar count. She ate a chicken pot pie for lunch at 2on and she doesn't recall if she had any candy before that... but either one shouldn't account for the high sugar count ( 6+ hours later ). The MRI should help prove or disprove if a stroke was involved or not.

Crossing fingers... they find a reason so she can start on something for recovery.

Add - 9:34pm CDT .... Just got the call that they confirmed a mini stroke... so now that is anwered at least.
Glad your mom is doing better rdsok! Prayers and thoughts to ya all!
I slepted fer 3 hours :laugh:
I wish I could've had a 3 hour nap today! I needed it! :(

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just got back a bit ago... long enough to eat but not much else...

Mom is doing a lot better than I had expected... Last night she looked very tired and pretty confused... This afternoon when I got there, she still looked tired but completely clear headed and fairly cheerful ( can't be a lot when your still worn out ). Her coordination is still a little off and her right side is affected but not a lot. They will put in a monitor tomorrow morning that they can use to record what is going on for the next 30-45 days and if she's up for it... they'll transfer her to the physical therapy hospital... if she still needs a little more TLC, they'll keep her a day or so more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread