Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
A tweak for when you get back up Doomie... :)

DoozieCat-1_1280.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
While of course we all know the cat is the most important and all ...

... that doesn't mean we should ignore the help :D

Doomie-1_1280.jpg

Mostly just brought both of your shots "out of the dark" so some of the detail shows up in the darker areas. Doom's mug also was straightened and centered as well as trying to get some of the red out of his face.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I got the shots of the orion Nebula again tonight... almost got canceled.

I checked on things at 9:30p and things were clear. Then just after 10pm, I checked again and thin clouds where coming in. I had to wait about 20 minutes for a clearing. Got just over 150 shots, 120 or so pics and 30 or so black frames. I'm currently registering them with the stacking program, then I'll start the stacking which will take about an hour or so to complete... Then I can play with the post processing and bring the levels up to see if I did any better than last night or not.

I'm pretty sure I got a good focus, possibly better than last night since I saw a binary pair of stars in the view finder nice and sharp and they weren't bright ones. If nothing else, it's a good sign.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I think this is the final shot of the orion Nebula for now. With tonight’s shot, I was able to tease out more of the nebula and I believe I got a bit more detail to show as well...

... Although, a friend of mine with an 8" telescope is trying to get me to use it for a shot :D

OrionNebula_12800_0-6-Edit-1_lzn_a_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread