oops
fille-timide_zpsa96daeb8.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just stepped outside for a moment to check the viewing conditions for some possible shots later on... It's certainly a bit chilly at 40° with 14mph to 20mph gusts... but the viewing seems really clear.

Just hope it stays good... and I can stay up past 1am when the clusters I'm interested in trying to get pics of, start coming up... :)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Looks as if the photo star shoot tonight is a bust... :(

I noticed around 11:15pm that the sky was starting to look washed out a bit ( from some haze in the air ). The stars were pretty steady still, but if you can't get any contrast, dim objects just don't look as good. I did go ahead and grab some shots of the orion Nebula again just to give it a go, but after the stacking and processing was completed, it wasn't as nice as the last one I got last month.

I'll see how things turn out next weekend and try then. Otherwise it's another month before I'll get a good shot of the ones I'd planned on trying to get this evening. In reality, it's earlier than optimum for the one I'm really wanting to get anyway... the Great Hercules Cluster should be best around May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread