Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Keep yourself safe out there OBG. Every Spring this starts up. 3 bad accidents in 3 days here. Have to put the blame on ..... motorists who think a bike is not as fast or powerful as their cars. And seems like it's gotten worse in past two years. I miss it, but in a way I'm glad I'm not on 2 wheels these days. Different world out there...
(I know you DO, but...) stay safe.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Oh yeah, also have to point the finger at the imbeciles who race up and down the street, 12 or 15 at a a time, popping wheelies, riding in oncoming lanes, intimidating motorists, and usually wearing face masks. This is a big thing in the NE, seems like our exalted leaders are afraid of offending the perps and never crack down on them. Much talk...but no action.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just finished combining all of the counties into states ( and a few territories )... While it was a bit of work, it was pretty much a mindless sort where I just selected each state's folder full of county maps and then merged them together and save it into a new folder for the next stage of work.

The next part is where the work and time come into play. For each radar site, I must locate it by their lat/long and then create a 295 mile radius around each... Then use that radius as a template to trim out the maps from each of the states that they cover.

Using the 6 radar sites I've done for Oklahoma as a gauge... on 204 radar sites... at about an hour and a half of work each... There is something like 300 hours that I'm estimating I need to put into the whole project. I've put in 12 hours today and perhaps that work will allow me to do the remaining bit a little faster than I've estimated... or that is the hope at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread