ECF Veteran
Verified Member

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    I've been doing better on my radar maps project that I originally estimated. Today I've completed 17 radar sites ( in Texas ) in about 1/2 of the time I had projected... So my 300 hr estimate has now dropped to 150 hours if all goes as it did today and not faster ( which I'm thinking it may a bit ).

:)

AG51

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    I've been doing better on my radar maps project that I originally estimated. Today I've completed 17 radar sites ( in Texas ) in about 1/2 of the time I had projected... So my 300 hr estimate has now dropped to 150 hours if all goes as it did today and not faster ( which I'm thinking it may a bit ).

:)
    get them up and goings before hurricanes come so we can see you screens :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    get them up and goings before hurricanes come so we can see you screens :D

The street maps are line vector maps... not satellite or Google maps types.... The primary, secondary roads are bolder red, orange and yellow... the other streets I've just set to a dark gray so they don't interfere with the radar info as much. If I hover over a street, it's name is listed in the lower left corner of the program screen.

So these aren't eye candy... just informational. I'm hoping to get the central plains and SE parts of the country done first. I've got OK, TX and NM done... LA, AR, KS and MO are next probably.

Here is a small sample of what it looks like ( without the radar on ).... the yellow + is where I'm currently located but normally when I'm moving it'll be a green or yellow dot that follows my location ( if I've turned it on with an app on my smartphone ).

Streets.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread