Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Just stumbled upon "magic realism". I'm sure AG's aware of it, but it's new to me. Awesome...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ok... I guess I'm as ready as I can get for the solar eclipse no matter where I end up taking the shots from... I've cut out a big box ( old vacuum sweeper box ) to help shield me from the glare behind the camera so I can see the camera controls and screen better... and sandwiched it between the camera and the mount itself so I can easily take it on/off of the tripod.

First thing I'm going to do different for the partial eclipse shots is to let the camera do the focusing... maybe. I can often get a better focus but only after I remove the memory card, look at the shot and then refocus and try again. It's a long process to get the best focus manually but it usually gets slightly better results... If I use the autofocus, it's pretty quick and reliable at getting a decent focus even if it's not quite as precise as it could be. I may change my mind if I find I have enough setup time prior to the eclipse starting.

During the totality portion... I don't think the camera will have enough light to get a good focus. So I'm just going to have to be as quick as I can manually focusing since I'll only have about 2 1/2 minutes to take shots of it. I won't have much of if any time to double check the focus on a computer as I'd prefer. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

If you are thinking just manually focus before hand... The problem is that during totality, I have to remove the solar filter which will change the lens focus when I do that.... so not matter what, I'll have to refocus at that point anyway.

Here is a test shot I did of the Sun today. It's got a new sun spot, number 2671 so it's not just a blank sun. I used a slightly different setting than the previous which I think isn't as good as the previous time I posted. It doesn't have the contrast in the sun spot as much as before so it doesn't show it's darker center well.

DSC_3821-Edit-1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread