Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Did another practice shot of the sun this afternoon after I got everything stocked for the potential trip...

First cropped down shot with the whole Sun ( and sunspots ) using a manual focus since it tends to be a little sharper than an autofocus

DSC_3828-Edit-1_1280.jpg

... same shot but cropped in further on the sunspots themselves more...

DSC_3828-Edit-1_cropped_1280.jpg

Yes, the Sun actually looks granular like that and if I had a better lens, the sunspots would show line emanating from the center outward looking sort of like the iris of an eye

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I originally sort of planned to mow on Sunday so I'd get tired enough to go to sleep early and possibly leave after midnight sometime.... But after last weekend's rains and having to mow two weeks worth of sopping wet grass on Monday evening, I guess I'm a little gun shy even with just a 10% chance of rain tomorrow.... :D

So the lawn is done :)

It needed redone anyway... the grass cut funny from being so wet still and scallopped instead of cutting level.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
You don't need the whole hood... find a welding supply and try to get some #14 glass

They were saying on the news yesterday that even those are gone !

Might try the local chamber of commerce that's where mine came from or like RD said a welding supply or store like Lowe's :2c:

Steve went driving around today, came home with nothing

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Ok... I'm officially nuts...

With all of the models going back and forth ( mostly backwards ) on the cloud forecasts... I thought, well I could look for secondary locations for each of the areas I may be headed too... you know, just in case and all of that.

A place in eastern Wyoming ( which is actually one of the better looking according to forecasts and has been consistently about the same ) for an alternate instead of the southeastern NE area... would be about an additional 4hrs if I take the shortest/fastest route there...

A place in western Kentucky... as an alternate for the area by OBG... also an additional 4hr drive...

Then I sort of woke up... each of these would be around a 12hr ( +- ) drive one way... plus the 3hrs or so for the start/finish of the eclipse... and a drive back home....

Just not certain I can do 27hr days anymore... or at least it wouldn't be pretty :D

My original plans for the two potential locations ( MO is still the better of the two currently )... is all I'm going to look at for now. ... or stay home ( which sounded pretty good after looking at that 27hr day thing... lolol )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread