Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
9 little clicks, Bre. That should take you to PO. Pause, then choose. :)

Sorry Mama Kat...I have to correct you.
Now, you know I'm not trying to be a snob or a prat. It's just my way.

The first one on the left end, in that picture, is a New Classic (2015) with extension.
I call it the NC15.
Note there is no milled "ring" above or below the teardrops, as it is/was on a Mini v2.5...

Neener.

b40bc6f81fa91d427fcac0b059f2f93c.png

857581a0c33a6d9cac3f2fc9c68819e1.png

Humpff. Were I a real mamma, I would have prolly seen that.

Thanks, Corpse Dude. Post edited in your "honor". ;)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The love of the simplistic one button on a Provi ... used to fuel a lot of ProVari hate.

people that never owned a ProVari, would insist it needed a second button, a dial, a switch, or just something other than the one button.

what they really didn't know ... the quality of that one button was better than all others.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The love of the simplistic one button on a Provi ... used to fuel a lot of ProVari hate.

people that never owned a ProVari, would insist it needed a second button, a dial, a switch, or just something other than the one button.

what they really didn't know ... the quality of that one button was better than all others.

Four-plus years ago, when I first pushed that one-flippin'-button-menu, I absolutely loved it.

Today though, well, I STILL ABSOLUTELY FARGIN' LOVE IT.

One thump up! :thumb:

That didn't sound good, did it? :blink:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The ProVari one button interface was based on some long standing design principles introduced by Ben Franklin.

3v6xja.jpg

All business up front, just as it should be.
And where would we vapers be without Ben's infamously modded kite?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Four-plus years ago, when I first pushed that one-flippin'-button-menu, I absolutely loved it.

Getting back into it. temporarily. had the old "when it rains it pours" trip, both Radius and P3 top crashed within days of one another, (weird). But Im not complaining! Ive got my backups with a handful of 2.5s and temp. back at MTL carto tanks while my very first repairs in about 4?? years?? maybe. I really cant remember how long ago the first ones came..Im tootlepuffer anyhow, so I love simple.
Cheers,

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
opl, from left to right:

Mini (with extension)
(slapped down by the Corpse due, and now corrected) New Classic (2015) with extension

P3 in 18650 (I believe)
Dragon standard
Standard 2.5
Mini

And you're having probs with them on your Provi Mini?
no they are the only ones that work

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

One thumb up where????? :pop: :blink: :sneaky:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Okay, been searching for a bit to long. I got a question. I picked up a P2.5 blemish a couple of months ago to sup[port my Radius mods. I didn't really use it since my toppers all have coils with a little lower resistance. It set it aside, out of my wife's view :rolleyes:, and I just found it. I built a coil and played with the screen menu for familiarity.

The thing that I noticed was that the display does not light up/activate when I press the button once to fire the coil. I checked and if I press it 5 times I go into the menu system. Everything seems to work fine, otherwise.

Does the display not come on during firing of the coil (1 press)?

Thanks all.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The thing that I noticed was that the display does not light up/activate when I press the button once to fire the coil. I checked and if I press it 5 times I go into the menu system. Everything seems to work fine, otherwise.

The Provari v1 to v2.5 has an option for the LED button to light up or not when you fire it. To change the setting press the fire button 15 times to get to the "LO" option and then use the button to toggle it from off to on.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Okay, been searching for a bit to long. I got a question. I picked up a P2.5 blemish a couple of months ago to sup[port my Radius mods. I didn't really use it since my toppers all have coils with a little lower resistance. It set it aside, out of my wife's view :rolleyes:, and I just found it. I built a coil and played with the screen menu for familiarity.

Thanks all.
Yup, that is perfectly normal, the led display only lights up when you enter the menu mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread