Status
Not open for further replies.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Hmmmm, I didn't realize that. Very tempting.
Its a really nice little mod. My brother got it and let me use it for a day. I went ahead and got one for myself after that. He has since switched to TC only so he just gave me his P3 that he bought used. The pico made the switch for him. I think you'll like it too :) I enjoy it a lot.

I have mine set at 33w and 480 degrees. (Ni200 coil .15 ohms) Its awesome!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I don't have one yet, I love the look of it, but with thirty some odd Prothingies, do I really need another mod???
Exactly!! And I had the nerve to be shopping today but managed to refrain myself from actually buying anything I know I truly dont need.

5Rivers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Iowa
I was at the vape shop last weekend, and one of the guys had a Pico. The thing we all noticed was take a vape with your thumb on the battery cap or right after the vape... it gets VERY warm, with just one vape. I wanted one, but now have gone back to just thinking about it. The battery cap is really thin material.

Reactions: AstroTurf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was at the vape shop last weekend, and one of the guys had a Pico. The thing we all noticed was take a vape with your thumb on the battery cap or right after the vape... it gets VERY warm, with just one vape. I wanted one, but now have gone back to just thinking about it. The battery cap is really thin material.
Good to know. I really liked the look/feel of it at the shop but didn't try one as most of the people that work there use Provaris. Kinda cool actually.

One mod that was really awesome was the Nugget. It is soooo tiny. As in the Mini Volt looks big beside it tiny. Integrated battery though.

I haven't bought a new mod in almost 5 months and can't see that changing unless Provape releases a dual 18650 75w+ mod. If the ProVape wattage advances stop at the 60w Radius, I will likely add that as Provari #13 in a couple months and call it a day.:)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
By any chance did you get to see what battery he was using- that may have something to do with it getting as warm as you describe cause I've yet had that happen?

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Good to know. I really liked the look/feel of it at the shop but didn't try one as most of the people that work there use Provaris. Kinda cool actually.

One mod that was really awesome was the Nugget. It is soooo tiny. As in the Mini Volt looks big beside it tiny. Integrated battery though.

I haven't bought a new mod in almost 5 months and can't see that changing unless Provape releases a dual 18650 75w+ mod. If the ProVape wattage advances stop at the 60w Radius, I will likely add that as Provari #13 in a couple months and call it a day.:)

You are my hero! :w00t:
But we both know that you won't stop at thirteen. ;)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
You are my hero! :w00t:
But we both know that you won't stop at thirteen. ;)
Nope. Not a hero, just a nut that can't say no to shiny things.

My wife saw a pic of a Pico and said it was cute. When I told her is was $25, she MADE ME order one!;) I ordered the stealth one. I will post my impressions in a couple of years when my Fasttech order arrives.:)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
My wife saw a pic of a Pico and said it was cute. When I told her is was $25, she MADE ME order one!;) I ordered the stealth one. I will post my impressions in a couple of years when my Fasttech order arrives.:)

Yeah, it was hard for me to pass it up at less than $23 shipped.

5Rivers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Iowa

Hi Brent. I liked the look/feel too, and as it is fairly inexpensive I may still get one just for fun. The folks at my shop are Provari owners too but of course, seem to have a few of almost everything else too. I'll need to check out the Nugget.

I have a herd of Provari's so feel like I"m set there (although I am considering the 60w). The one that has my interest lately is the Hex Ohm v3. I saw it in person finally and I really like the changes they made and the finish. I'm waiting to see if they release any limited edition ones before I buy.

5Rivers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Iowa
By any chance did you get to see what battery he was using- that may have something to do with it getting as warm as you describe cause I've yet had that happen?

Hey Lex, sure did. It was the brown LG 18650.

If you get a chance to feel the battery cap, it kinda makes sense. The battery is in there nice and snug, and the cap is really thin.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi Brent. I liked the look/feel too, and as it is fairly inexpensive I may still get one just for fun. The folks at my shop are Provari owners too but of course, seem to have a few of almost everything else too. I'll need to check out the Nugget.

I have a herd of Provari's so feel like I"m set there (although I am considering the 60w). The one that has my interest lately is the Hex Ohm v3. I saw it in person finally and I really like the changes they made and the finish. I'm waiting to see if they release any limited edition ones before I buy.
Cool. I wouldn't mind checking out the v3. I am a total Provari guy (using a 2.5, P3 and Radius as I type), but I still like my higher powered mods for my 0.2-0.4ohm builds/tanks.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hey Lex, sure did. It was the brown LG 18650.

If you get a chance to feel the battery cap, it kinda makes sense. The battery is in there nice and snug, and the cap is really thin.
Even when I take mine outside in this 100+ degree heat, mine doesn't get warm. As I type this, my battery cap is cool to the touch.....matter of fact, the entire mod is cool.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Even when I take mine outside in this 100+ degree heat, mine doesn't get warm. As I type this, my battery cap is cool to the touch.....matter of fact, the entire mod is cool.
For the price, why not? Almost the same cost as a blem 2.5, but I gots 7 of those. Plus that all black Pico looks really cool. I guess I will know in a month.

I have had really good luck with my iStick 30 and 40 (both still going strong after 8 months in currently limited use) and the removeable 18650 is a bonus on the Pico.

5Rivers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Iowa

That's good to know, maybe he got a lemon. Pushing me closer to getting one for myself... now what color :unsure:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
That's good to know, maybe he got a lemon. Pushing me closer to getting one for myself... now what color :unsure:
hey peeps....
I really cant say ANYTHING bad against ProVari. For the first time ever, I had to send a couple in for service/repair.
What other company does this? anyone?...
I had personalized service from the Zen Desk everyday, telling me wen they arrived, they'd be fixed under warranty, and
back out within a day....incredible!
I am in a love affair and they've got my loyalty, hook line and sinker, no exceptions.
This year Im dazzled by ColoKarens Queen custom Bronze Radius....so it gave me ideas for a fancy Christmas gift.
(maybe sooner but waiting to hear from some of the new 60w-dont know if I'll need or use it)...
My 2.5s have been my mainstay now while the others went into the USPS, Provape and back (Monday).
I cant complain- IM not a cloud chaser, and the 2.5s just keep ticking, run like a dream, and tootle pufffn away.
:vapor::2c:
Cheers, Cheers to ProVari's 2.5s!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
hey peeps....
I really cant say ANYTHING bad against ProVari. For the first time ever, I had to send a couple in for service/repair.
What other company does this? anyone?...
I had personalized service from the Zen Desk everyday, telling me wen they arrived, they'd be fixed under warranty, and
back out within a day....incredible!
I am in a love affair and they've got my loyalty, hook line and sinker, no exceptions.
This year Im dazzled by ColoKarens Queen custom Bronze Radius....so it gave me ideas for a fancy Christmas gift.
(maybe sooner but waiting to hear from some of the new 60w-dont know if I'll need or use it)...
My 2.5s have been my mainstay now while the others went into the USPS, Provape and back (Monday).
I cant complain- IM not a cloud chaser, and the 2.5s just keep ticking, run like a dream, and tootle pufffn away.
:vapor::2c:
Cheers, Cheers to ProVari's 2.5s!

I only know of one other company that operates the same way, and it's one reason why these two are at the top of my list, and represent the highest count of companies in my mod stand.

And yes, the 2.5 is simply marvelous. I LOVE them. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread