Official ProVari 2.5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My 2.5 purchased in march and pretty much used as a coffee table mod most of the time has gone belly up on me. It was having firing/power issues for a day or so and then it just completely stopped working on me. I tried stretching the spring, I tried with the base from my other 2.5, I tried it with the 18650 extension and still complete darkness. Any other suggestions? Does she need to go back to the mother ship? What is protocol on that?

Well, my friend...I think it's time for a new coffee table.

Haha

But if I were you, I'd shoot an email to Provape.

More than likely will need a trip to the Mothership aka Day Spa...

When boxing it up for the trip, I always stick a $5 bill inside the tube, to cover shipping.

I've never had a problem with their service, speed, or speed of service.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
My 2.5 purchased in march and pretty much used as a coffee table mod most of the time has gone belly up on me. It was having firing/power issues for a day or so and then it just completely stopped working on me. I tried stretching the spring, I tried with the base from my other 2.5, I tried it with the 18650 extension and still complete darkness. Any other suggestions? Does she need to go back to the mother ship? What is protocol on that?
Here's a link to where to open a ticket with ProVape:Submit a request for assistance

they get back pretty quickly with this system.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

Have you tried taking a cotton swap, dipping it in alcohol, flicking away the excess alcohol, turning your Provari upside down without the bottom cap, and carefully inserting the cotton swap and cleaning off the positive post inside?

The positive post inside the Provari will collect oxidation over time and it needs to be cleaned. I apologize if you already know this and have already tried it.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Here's a link to where to open a ticket with ProVape:Submit a request for assistance

they get back pretty quickly with this system.

Thanks

Have you tried taking a cotton swap, dipping it in alcohol, flicking away the excess alcohol, turning your Provari upside down without the bottom cap, and carefully inserting the cotton swap and cleaning off the positive post inside?

The positive post inside the Provari will collect oxidation over time and it needs to be cleaned. I apologize if you already know this and have already tried it.

Nope, haven't tried that. In fact, exactly the advise I was looking for when I posted. Will give it a shot tonight before I put a ticket in.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Update, I just tried to clean the posotive post and well, there isn't one. I'm pretty sure that is part of the problem.:rolleyes: Didn't see it fall out but I was outside when it died and I just kind of opened it and spilled the battery in to my hand.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Update, I just tried to clean the posotive post and well, there isn't one. I'm pretty sure that is part of the problem.:rolleyes: Didn't see it fall out but I was outside when it died and I just kind of opened it and spilled the battery in to my hand.
You'll get it back as good as new when you send it in. :thumb:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

Here's a picture of it - it's the rectangle in the very middle that the positive side of the battery touches:

2cgyfte.jpg

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

that lonely guy in repairs will be happy he"s got something to do ;)

I bought one used like that from the classies, post completely gone.

ProVape fixed it for free :)

Sent via iPhone

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Here's a picture of it - it's the rectangle in the very middle that the positive side of the battery touches:

2cgyfte.jpg

Yea, thanks. At first I was a little bemused because I had never really looked closely at it but I did have my other one to compare it to and quickly realized that there wasn't suppose to be a bare circuit board there.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I've often wondered why over time ProVape didn't change this where the 2.5s would accept flat tops?

Having to use button top batteries is a manual reverse polarity protection. The 2.5 does not have a reverse polarity protection circuit built in.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Having to use button top batteries is a manual reverse polarity protection. The 2.5 does not have a reverse polarity protection circuit built in.
Exactly. :thumb:

This is why Provape's warranty on using magnets on flat top batteries in the 2.5's would void the warranty. It's considered unsafe to use magnets to attempt to use flat top batteries instead of the recommended button-top batteries.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
This thread isn't dead cold yet, so I'll throw my question in here...

I have a couple of taper top 2.5s but have never gotten around to getting any tank rings since the shipping was about the same as the rings themself - and I always forgot to include them in any other order I was made.

But I needed some stuff from Creme De Vape and noticed that they had the Svoemesto Provari rings in stock. I think they look better than the ProVape to be honest.

Trouble is, I can't get any of my Kayfuns to make contact on the 2.5s. I've tried slightly raising the pin in the Provari. I can't do anything with the Kayfun since the 510 screw needs to be tight and thus not adjustable. And though they're not made by ProVape, Svoemesto is a pretty reputable company on its own and the part is specified for this exact combination of parts.

Adding insult to injury, when I was looking at the ProVape site today, they no longer show the regular silver tank rings in stock, just the stealth.

Seems like I've seen some of Kat's pictures where she's using a Svoemesto ring but can't remember if it was a Kayfun tank. Has anyone got a 2.5/tank ring/Kayfun to connect? If so, what did you do to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

I have a couple of taper top 2.5s but have never gotten around to getting any tank rings since the shipping was about the same as the rings themself - and I always forgot to include them in any other order I was made.

But I needed some stuff from Creme De Vape and noticed that they had the Svoemesto Provari rings in stock. I think they look better than the ProVape to be honest.

Trouble is, I can't get any of my Kayfuns to make contact on the 2.5s. I've tried slightly raising the pin in the Provari. I can't do anything with the Kayfun since the 510 screw needs to be tight and thus not adjustable. And though they're not made by ProVape, Svoemesto is a pretty reputable company on its own and the part is specified for this exact combination of parts.

Adding insult to injury, when I was looking at the ProVape site today, they no longer show the regular silver tank rings in stock, just the stealth.

Seems like I've seen some of Kat's pictures where she's using a Svoemesto ring but can't remember if it was a Kayfun tank. Has anyone got a 2.5/tank ring/Kayfun to connect? If so, what did you do to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
Hears sum pix...

PROVAPE - FAQ - All devices/services

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Thanks in advance.

Here is another option Pro Rings scroll down and read the notes, I have found the same thing on my own, not all V2-v2.5 pins sit at the same depth. I have some units that will not make connection with my Russians and a ring, and I have rings from different places, like some of the rings from Tatroe, no longer available. I think the Tatroe rings let the attie sit a bit shorter than the ProVape ones. Mad vapes used to sell these
spacer.jpg
circuit board spacers but they were last priced at .10 cents so they are apparently disco'ed. These things worked pretty good at making shorter 510 atties connect with a ProVari and ring. Wish I could be more help...

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Thanks in advance.

GG, I'm sorry to hear this. I actually only own one authentic Svoe ring, but I'm not sure I ever posted a pic of it. Perhaps I did. Most of mine are Provape's, and a few are from G-modders. provari ring - Gr-Modders

I've not ever had a prob with any of my KFs not making contact on a Provi. Then again, most of my KFs are EHPRO, and only one is a Svoe.

Uber not helpful, me. :(

Sorry. I sure hope you can get some to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread