Official ProVari 2.5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
After looking few pics and videos I'm in love with Provari Classic GMZ. Was searching two days for it but places which have them have unacceptable prices. :confused:
Yup, I found that too. I want a GMZ Classic as well, so I'll just have to wait and see if some sellers decide to bail.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
That one will work also.

All ProVi tube mods are the same diameter and utilize the same threading so the extensions, rings and caps will fit any model.

Note: Though all will fit, the P3 & High Performance end caps should Not be used on 2.5's.

Thanks
I wrote to them today
They said they did not recommend the 18650 in a mini but if I did I would need a extension cap and one of these(ProVari 3 and ProVari Classic Extension Ring)
But it does not say mini!
Really confused now:(
Any thoughts?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Thanks
I wrote to them today
They said they did not recommend the 18650 in a mini but if I did I would need a extension cap and one of these(ProVari 3 and ProVari Classic Extension Ring)
But it does not say mini!
Really confused now:(
Any thoughts?
The 2.5 Mini is short "mini" but the tube is the same diameter as all of the other tubes, so you can switch the rings and caps around between all of them. If you have a button top 18650 you can use any of the extension rings to get length to accommodate the long battery. You do need to make sure that your end cap has the little 2.5 spring and not the big P3 spring. If you don't have a 2.5 extender cap, but had 2 rings, you can use the original mini's end cap to fit the bottom.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
The 2.5 Mini is short "mini" but the tube is the same diameter as all of the other tubes, so you can switch the rings and caps around between all of them. If you have a button top 18650 you can use any of the extension rings to get length to accommodate the long battery. You do need to make sure that your end cap has the little 2.5 spring and not the big P3 spring. If you don't have a 2.5 extender cap, but had 2 rings, you can use the original mini's end cap to fit the bottom.

Thanks
Just one last question please
All my 18650's are flat top
Will this be a problem?

This is what they wrote to me
Hey Larry,

We actually do have them but they're hidden on the site for some reason. Try this link: http://www.provape.com/ProVari-3-and-Classic-Extension-Ring-p/extringdealer.htm
It can be done although I don't recommend it. The mini was really designed for an 18350 or 18490 battery but you can use an 18650 if you have either 2 extension rings or 1 extension ring with an extension cap.

I hope that's what you needed to know :)

Best Regards,
Brandy

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Thanks
Just one last question please
All my 18650's are flat top
Will this be a problem?
Yes it will. The 2.5 needs the button tops, so you will need to find some of the AW's for that one. Flat tops work in the newer ones like the Procyon, Radius, P3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread