Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3 *PART 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I can't tell you the number of conversations Kat and I have had on this subject. It's one of the area where we simply can't find a comfortable area of compromise. That slim piece of paper gap? Yeah - that would drive her nuts too.

Me? Mmmmmmm, notsomuch.

She says the word, "Gaposis", and I say, "What?" Then I LMAO.

She looked at this gaposis and said, "You could fit a piece of toast in there!" Yep - she absolutely did...

View attachment 475436

OMG!! Major GAPOSIS!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on DPL and that opening that puts the Panama Canal to shame... Shaking my head (so violently, I shall never need another chiro appointment).

Fortunately for me, I'm not that bothered by it. I would love to have it flush, but it's a tiny little gap that is only there with P3 threaded tanks and is not as bad.

My only 2 P3 threaded tanks are the K4 and now the Kabuki (both named with a K… interesting :p.) I'll get the P3 bases for the Calix and Apollo from ByLeo when they're available though.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Fortunately for me, I'm not that bothered by it. I would love to have it flush, but it's a tiny little gap that is only there with P3 threaded tanks and is not as bad.

My only 2 P3 threaded tanks are the K4 and now the Kabuki (both named with a K… interesting :p.) I'll get the P3 bases for the Calix and Apollo from ByLeo when they're available though.

K is for KD (if they work to your liking). ;)

Otherwise, K is for Katastrophic. (works both ways fer me)

I'm sincerely glad that your lack of flush is not bothering you. You COULD always bling it, if need be... :D

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
"Dumb" being the operative word (trust...).

The funniest part, Rod, is that the mod HAS AN ADJUSTABLE SPRING. Yes, I COULD fix the Gaposisaggedon, yet I DON'T ... CARE A SMIDGE ABOUT IT.

Me, the fashionista. Go figure. ;)

It's good to not be OCD, like I am. For if it was mine, it would bother the poop out of me. Yes indeed it would!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
DSC00464.JPG
DSC00465.JPG

18650 Silicone Battery Case - Kalamazoo Vapor

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Don't have a gap on mine either. So I don't see how it could be ProVape's problem...

c3e9669188e795f533d0964f614124ba.jpg

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Well I take that back... There is a very small gap, didn't notice it at all until I held it up to the light and could see it. It's maybe a .25mm gap and generally not that noticeable unless you're looking very closely for it.

Roy

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well I take that back... There is a very small gap, didn't notice it at all until I held it up to the light and could see it. It's maybe a .25mm gap and generally not that noticeable unless you're looking very closely for it.

Roy

Forget it. No WAY!!! ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's good to not be OCD, like I am. For if it was mine, it would bother the poop out of me. Yes indeed it would!

Good point. The downside is some days I'll go to work totally forgetting that I didn't shave (I ALWAYS shower). Come 'round noon I'll realize that something's not quite right.

So a little OCD might be a good thing.

I like "gaps".

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Took Jackie's K4 w/P3 threading (has paper gap), put it on mine - paper gap.

Although it doesn't necessarily mean every single one is flawed or everyone is going to care, can you imagine what this recall could cost?

coldgin96 bows out of P3 flaw conversation in this thread. :headbang:

P.S. Jackie doesn't care. She said, "It's not like I'm going to hold it up to a light and say, look at the gap I can slide a sheet of paper through..."

P.P.S. Our P3's were delivered 16Jun15

Last edited:

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
It seems not all top caps have that problem, as there's been reports of absolutely no gaps and having more threads in there, so it might be related to some diminute tolerances in the machines or maybe dependent on when the part was machined (supposing the newer ones are the ones that don't have a gap.)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Took Jackie's K4 w/P3 threading (has paper gap), put it on mine - paper gap.

Although it doesn't necessarily mean every single one is flawed or everyone is going to care, can you imagine what this recall could cost?

coldgin96 bows out of P3 flaw conversation in this thread. :headbang:

:facepalm:

Reactions: AstroTurf

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
The 520s aren't going to have that problem, at least mine don't, because they are adjustable.

The P3 tanks seem to be having a problem, if it is even that, although; mine don't, even a little, and I've got Three of them.

My guess is it has to do with the P3, rather that the tank, because of the tight tolerances needed for the direct connection to the coil.

So maybe the adjustable pin doesn't adjust quite enough, or the pin is a bit too long on some, or a combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread