Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3 *PART 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
Who's the Russian 91% expert around here? I'm wondering if anybody carries an insulator block for them with a lip, so the block with the airhole cannot move if the attie gets over tightened? TIA
I had the same issue, ENAUD. Try removing the adjustable screw on the bottom of the 510 connection...there is a second slotted pin that holds the insulator block that is now visible. Tighten this with a small screwdriver while holding the insulator...then reinsert the 510 adjustment screw replacing the small o-ring that holds it in place. This fixed mine, but overtightening the atty might still allow it to move, thereby shorting out the coil.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I had the same issue, ENAUD. Try removing the adjustable screw on the bottom of the 510 connection...there is a second slotted pin that holds the insulator block that is now visible. Tighten this with a small screwdriver while holding the insulator...then reinsert the 510 adjustment screw replacing the small o-ring that holds it in place. This fixed mine, but overtightening the atty might still allow it to move, thereby shorting out the coil.
I got all of that sorted out, I actually cut a small section from a plastic ball point pen ink tube, and used that to set the height of the contact pin, maybe I'll go back to the little O-rings and just deal with the contact screw needing adjustment when filling and re installing it on my ProVari. I know some of my clone Kayfuns have a step on the insulator, so there is no way the blocks can move.

hejira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Las Vegas
Hello everyone!

I come seeking Jwraps advice/input - I hope this is an okay place to post this question?

I was able to get a used black P3 from someone on ebay for $75. As you can see, it does show some wear but for the price it was a great way to make sure I like the vape it gives before I invest more (even though the minis and 2.5s are on sale, I do find myself liking the Boost function!).

b4b38h.jpg

So I was thinking I'd get a Jwrap to make it look nice (black really isn't my preference, although I have seen some beee-yooo-teee-ful black/stealth pix here).

I just found this carbon fiber Tiffany blue:
29vi0w4.jpg

But I was also thinking about the non CF version or a stabilized wood variation:

S406-2T.jpg

Now the questions:

I'm concerned I'll put it on crooked, is it hard to apply them?

Are the non-CF versions see-through at all? Or does "see-through" apply only to their Clear series? Would the black show through on a non-Clear wrap? Would it be better looking to get a clear version that is dark, to let the black show through?

Are the carbon fiber wraps flexible enough?

Wouldn't just the silver bottom & top caps / adapter rings be exposed once wrapped with any version?

I'm more of an instinct person than a visual one, so I can't quite "see" it in my head. I need to grok it better before I buy, hence the questions.

Whaddaya think? Thanks!!! :wub:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone!

I come seeking Jwraps advice/input - I hope this is an okay place to post this question?

I was able to get a used black P3 from someone on ebay for $75. As you can see, it does show some wear but for the price it was a great way to make sure I like the vape it gives before I invest more (even though the minis and 2.5s are on sale, I do find myself liking the Boost function!).

b4b38h.jpg

So I was thinking I'd get a Jwrap to make it look nice (black really isn't my preference, although I have seen some beee-yooo-teee-ful black/stealth pix here).

29vi0w4.jpg

But I was also thinking about the non CF version or a stabilized wood variation:

S406-2T.jpg

Now the questions:

Are the non-CF versions see-through at all? Or does "see-through" apply only to their Clear series? Would the black show through on a non-Clear wrap? Would it be better looking to get a clear version that is dark, to let the black show through?

Wouldn't just the silver bottom & top caps / adapter rings be exposed once wrapped with any version?

I'm more of an instinct person than a visual one, so I can't quite "see" it in my head. I need to grok it better before I buy, hence the questions.

I did a j-wrap on my P2 when I first got it. It wasn't particularly hard to apply. Just got to be patient with a steady hand. I got a black carbon fibre and it was completely opaque. I can't recall the other pieces that come with it. J-wraps should show you on their website. Seems there was a piece for the extension cap and maybe the bottom of the bottom cap. After about 6 months I tired of it and took it off.
IMG_5330 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5330 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5330 (Small).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 19

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Don't fret -- wraps are pretty easy to apply. JWraps and others have video's on how to do it, too. They aren't so sticky that they can't be adjusted a bit when applying, but days later they will be well adhered.

Most wraps are not see through at all, unless you buy a clear one, of course. :lol: Jwraps does print on clear for a slight translucent look and there is a separate section for those.

I really like the carbon fibre wraps and the textured wraps more than others. They do not allow the design logo (or teardrops) to ghost image through at all.(unless you insist on it, like Bronze did above). To me they are a bit more substantial and not slick, though some of the designs of the others are simply terrific....and also cover blemishes quite well.

Fabulous deal on that P3, BTW.

Have fun shopping. :)

hejira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Las Vegas
I did a j-wrap on my P2 when I first got it. It wasn't particularly hard to apply. Just got to be patient with a steady hand. I got a black carbon fibre and it was completely opaque. I can't recall the other pieces that come with it. J-wraps should show you on their website. Seems there was a piece for the extension cap and maybe the bottom of the bottom cap. After about 6 months I tired of it and took it off. View attachment 527809

That's nice-looking there, @Bronze ...thank you for the visual. I think I'd probably be a little fickle too, I'm thinking I may order 2-3 wraps...hmmm... thanks!! :hubba:

hejira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Las Vegas
Don't fret -- wraps are pretty easy to apply. JWraps and others have video's on how to do it, too. They aren't so sticky that they can't be adjusted a bit when applying, but days later they will be well adhered.

VIDEOS!! Of course - that makes me feel better!

Most wraps are not see through at all, unless you buy a clear one, of course. :lol: Jwraps does print on clear for a slight translucent look and there is a separate section for those.

I really like the carbon fibre wraps and the textured wraps more than others. They do not allow the design logo (or teardrops) to ghost image through at all.(unless you insist on it, like Bronze did above). To me they are a bit more substantial and not slick, though some of the designs of the others are simply terrific....and also cover blemishes quite well.

Yesssss.....the tactile option IS nice looking and a feature. I am also intrigued by the "clear" option. I think I'll get a CF, a clear-patterned, and a "regular".

Thank you @tearose50 - excellent information; I feel more confident now! :hubba:

Fabulous deal on that P3, BTW.

Have fun shopping. :)

I was stoked about that deal! So lucky in timing I think!

And at least now I don't have to decide on just 1...that's too stressful! :D

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hello everyone!

b4b38h.jpg

29vi0w4.jpg

S406-2T.jpg

Now the questions:

Here's a Jwraps video for the 2.5:

Not the P3 but the procedure would be the same.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I did a j-wrap on my P2 when I first got it. It wasn't particularly hard to apply. Just got to be patient with a steady hand. I got a black carbon fibre and it was completely opaque. I can't recall the other pieces that come with it. J-wraps should show you on their website. Seems there was a piece for the extension cap and maybe the bottom of the bottom cap. After about 6 months I tired of it and took it off. View attachment 527809

I got tired of mine too after a while and removed it, instead preferring the original "Satin Black." It came off easy.

DSC00423.JPG

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've wrapped stuff (plenty). I have a few on right now. Never liked them on Provis though. They always got ripped off quickly, so I stopped wasting the money.

But on some mods, they're almost essential.

"Slap a sticker on it!" :ohmy::laugh:

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Hi! I'll be in Vegas this weekend for Super Bowl. Does anyone know of a B&M near the strip that does P3 upgrades?

I know that I can do a search on the Provape website, but from past experience, some of the listings are outdated.

Hoping someone can suggest a good shop where I can upgrade my P3's and pickup a couple of spare springs.

Much appreciated [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
This is the only one I see in Vegas that says Authorized Upgrade Center. I believe when the ProVape listing says Authorized Upgrade Center, it has been reliable.

Vegas Vapor Emporium

1591 North Buffalo Drive
Suite 160
Las Vegas NV 89128
USA
Phone: 702-778-9600
Products:
  • Authorized Upgrade Center

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
This is the only one I see in Vegas that says Authorized Upgrade Center. I believe when the ProVape listing says Authorized Upgrade Center, it has been reliable.

Vegas Vapor Emporium

1591 North Buffalo Drive
Suite 160
Las Vegas NV 89128
USA
Phone: 702-778-9600
Products:
  • Authorized Upgrade Center
I'll check them out. Thank you, Tearose [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.