Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3 *PART 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I'm happy to see the positive reports about the new cap; I've been wanting them for my P3s ever since they were announced.

But I guess I have to be "that guy". I just cannot justify paying $28 for one, which is more than twice the price of the previous part.

I am honestly not a cheapskate when it comes to vape stuff - I have 7 Provaris, a few Dicodes, and use only Kabuki and genuine kayfun tanks. I highly value quality and design and never complain about paying the price. But that doesn't mean I'll pay a lot more than the value offered. I am convinced that the electrical improvement of the new cap is nowhere near double that of the original part. If anyone has specific measurements I'd love to be corrected if I'm overlooking something.

No doubt there are new stamping dies and CNC programs so I realize there's a good reason for Pro Vape to charge more than the original.

This item just doesn't trip my trigger for the cost/benefit equation. I suspect that over time as the tooling gets amortized, they may be reduced to a more reasonable price. I'll be the first to order at least 3 at that time.

I don't know the specific measurements on the end cap and I agree that it is seems expensive. But it really has been a huge improvement on my P3 and worth every penny. My device is now better than it has ever been, I expected a 20% improvement, I would say more like an 80% improvement from what I can tell thus far and have been blown away on how good it really is, So much so that I am not feeling the irresistible urge to splurge on the Procyon anymore as for me the P3 with the Procyon end cap is an tube mod and it feels like a new device :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm happy to see the positive reports about the new cap; I've been wanting them for my P3s ever since they were announced.

But I guess I have to be "that guy". I just cannot justify paying $28 for one, which is more than twice the price of the previous part.

I am honestly not a cheapskate when it comes to vape stuff - I have 7 Provaris, a few Dicodes, and use only Kabuki and genuine Kayfun tanks. I highly value quality and design and never complain about paying the price. But that doesn't mean I'll pay a lot more than the value offered. I am convinced that the electrical improvement of the new cap is nowhere near double that of the original part. If anyone has specific measurements I'd love to be corrected if I'm overlooking something.

No doubt there are new stamping dies and CNC programs so I realize there's a good reason for Pro Vape to charge more than the original.

This item just doesn't trip my trigger for the cost/benefit equation. I suspect that over time as the tooling gets amortized, they may be reduced to a more reasonable price. I'll be the first to order at least 3 at that time.
I'm with ya. Hard to justify at that price IMO. Add almost $40 USD extra for shipping to Canada and it is a non-starter for me.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I picked up a polished P3 from DFWvape in their clearance section for $89! What a deal!
That's great for a new one!

My best Provari deal ever was also on a polished P3. On my local CL used but mint in box for about $57US. Dude threw in 2 18500's too! Still use it.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I picked up a polished P3 from DFWvape in their clearance section for $89! What a deal!

Me too!

They were showing 0 stock after I ordered mine so either I ordered after you or they restocked. Along with the bronze 2.5 I got from them, it was a very rewarding experience.

I am REALLY liking a P3 in 18350 mode. Discreet, much more pocketable --- and doesn't fall over as much!

Edit: What I actually got from DFW was a satin P3. Everybody please be kind as I settle into senility.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm another who is pleased with the high performance end cap. The battery life is so much better with it. I will state... such a good and worthwhile investment. :thumbs:

It really should be added as an option with the purchase of a P3. :)
Well, when you think of it, it's already an option to buy at any time; not just when buying a P3.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Me too!

They were showing 0 stock after I ordered mine so either I ordered after you or they restocked. Along with the bronze 2.5 I got from them, it was a very rewarding experience.

I am REALLY liking a P3 in 18350 mode. Discreet, much more pocketable --- and doesn't fall over as much!
I like my P3 in '490 mode but I dont get exceptional battery life out of it; in 650 it feels like a baton. My 2.5's remain in 350.

Reactions: AstroTurf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I like my P3 in '490 mode but I dont get exceptional battery life out of it; in 650 it feels like a baton. My 2.5's remain in 350.
I like my black/red Mini in 18350 mode with a P3 threaded Kabuki. Great size. My wife is using a 2.5 and a P3 both in 18650 mode. The mods are big, but she is like a Hoover and Vapes a lot. :D

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I hadn't used my P3 and Kayfun in over a year, but I've been doing some vape inventory recently to prepare for the upcoming FDA regulations. I'm planning on getting a Kabuki clone from Fastech soon to use on the P3, because the KFL+'s draw is just too tight for me now.

Now, my question. I put a RDA with a 0.8 ohm coil on the P3 to reacquaint myself with the P3 (I didn't have anything with lower ohms). Vapes fine at 3.8 volts. However, the battery life sucked. I used a Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4, AW (2200mah 20 amp), and LG HG2. The P3 died after about an hour of vaping. I measured their voltage at the point they died, and the voltage read 3.7 volts on all four batteries. What terrible battery management!!

The version of P3 I have is the 36. If I send my P3 in to Provape for the most recent update, does anyone think I will get better battery performance?

I know the Kabuki uses 1.8 ohm Aspire coils, so that may help a little bit with battery management, but if the update isn't going to help with battery management I may not even get the Kabuki tank. BTW, I did the alcohol prep maintanance of the battery contacts inside the P3.
Heyyyyyyyyyy Bad!! ;)

{IMO} the draw of the Kabuki & KFL+ is about the same.

I'm going thru the same thing with my P3; battery life is atrocious. Anywhere from 30 min to an hour and I'm changing the battery.

I forget which update was supposed to fix battery management but mine is definitely going in for an update.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm going thru the same thing with my P3; battery life is atrocious. Anywhere from 30 min to an hour and I'm changing the battery.
Seriously? :shock: That's crazy and there must be something wrong. My wife uses my P3 with a Samsung 25R 18650 and she gets at least 1/2 a day and she is a serious chain vaper!

What kinda battery life do you get out of the Radius?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was one of the 1st, if not the first to get the high performance end cap.
It greatly improved battery IQ but does nothing for how fast I have to change out batteries.
I'll probably send my P3 back to Provape for the updates then.

I really like using the wide-base end cap on my P3, being that it is so heavy and long. Put a top heavy tank on the P3 and I think you understand what I mean.

full

I have three RDA's in my collection. I have a Crown sub-ohm clearomizer tank, and was looking for a normal-ohmed clearomizer tank for the P3. My P3 is blue, and when I saw this Kabuki clone at Fast Tech for $20 I fell in love.

3960900-4.jpg

I wanted a tank that would take a commonly used coil head. My thinking is the Aspire Nautilus coils should still be relatively easy to obtain even after the FDA regulations take effect.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'll probably send my P3 back to Provape for the updates then.

I really like using the wide-base end cap on my P3, being that it is so heavy and long. Put a top heavy tank on the P3 and I think you understand what I mean.

full

I have three RDA's in my collection. I have a Crown sub-ohm clearomizer tank, and was looking for a normal-ohmed clearomizer tank for the P3. My P3 is blue, and when I saw this Kabuki clone at Fast Tech for $20 I fell in love.

3960900-4.jpg
Is your blue P3 as light in color as the rings on the FT Kabuki?

EDIT~ Disregard. It's a very close enough match. :p

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Seriously? :shock: That's crazy and there must be something wrong. My wife uses my P3 with a Samsung 25R 18650 and she gets at least 1/2 a day and she is a serious chain vaper!

What kinda battery life do you get out of the Radius?
I don't use my Radius. It's been packed to go to the spa; I just never seem to get to the PO.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I forget which update was supposed to fix battery management but mine is definitely going in for an update.

I had both my P3's updated to Ver. 40 (the newest one). I haven't noticed an appreciable differene in batt life. It still seems to go through batts fasted than my P2.5s using the same Ω'ed coil and 'voltage settings'. It's not terrible, but does seem to run out of batt faster.

I was hoping the 'better batt management' mentioned w/ Ver 40 would help w/ my chief annoyance. When I insert a full charged (checked w/ an good a DVM after coming off the charger, a Pila) the batts always showed high 80's to low 90's (at best) on the per-centage read-out w/ pervious firmware versions. Didn't matter if it was my older P3 or a my new one.

After the Ver 40 upgrade the batt bar would be slightly down from the top when inserting the freshly charged batts. Disappointed I was ... was hoping now it would show full charge.

(And don't talk to me about cleaning contacts, and stretching the spring, been there done that multiple times.)

Then I noticed something. I keep my P3's set at 14 watts. For the heck of it I dropped it to 10 watts. Low and behold the bat bar gauge started showing fully charged batt. I tried 12 watts, nope still didn't show full charge. Went back to 10 watts .... full charge showing.

Seems like the P3 batt management won't show full charge on a fresh batt when set above 10 watts. Oh - no boost set at all. I'm using IMR 18490 batts.

And I know its not a true batt gauge showing the charge ... more like a mileage gauge on you car showing how many miles left on your tank of gas. But still I think the batt gauge should show 'full' when putting in a fresh batt.

I like everything else about the P3's (although the Radius is my fav and goto vape). But the P3's batt management is yucky. Don't try to guess my vaping time left, just show me the charge of the batt.

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
View attachment 577483
I ordered a P3 on clearance yesterday for $89. It arrived today! It has a piece in the box that looks like a key with copper contacts on the end of the key. What the heck is this thing?
It's a usb drive that contains the manual.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
View attachment 577483
I ordered a P3 on clearance yesterday for $89. It arrived today! It has a piece in the box that looks like a key with copper contacts on the end of the key. What the heck is this thing?
How do you like the feel of the shiny steel?

I have the exact same P3 and I find that it is my least favorite Provape finish as it is a fingerprint magnet and kinda slippery. I use it a lot and it looks cool as hell with an all steel KFL+ or Kabuki, but the finish feel bugs me a bit.

For $89, you got a great deal no matter what finish it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread