Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Another Happy belated birthday. It's nice the youngins can celebrate their birthday while us old times try to avoid them. :toast:

Nah, I don't avoid them. I figure if I don't have anymore birthdays, it means the unthinkable. So this old timer embraces each and every one I can. Yes I do!! :bday::rickroll:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
coils are the third biggest vape expense one can eliminate ... eliquid is second with DIY :cool:

Provari is first with not having to ever buy another device.

My problem is wanting to get a SX Mini (could care less for temp control), mainly due to a desire to try sub-ohming the OOC coils. But it's $$ I can ill afford to spend, so I whine every chance I get (like right here).

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hey everyone (Sir Rod too), from 'Beyond Vape', the makers of the 'Silo' comes another new topper to check out, called the "Silo Beast Tank". Will be available May 1st. Might replace the 'Subtank' for those of us that hates the mess it makes. Take a look~!

Beyond Vape Silo Beast Tank Kit [bv-silo-bea-tan-kit] - $40.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes

Thanks Peter. Sir Rod thinks at this time he has finally the system he's SO HAPPY with and that's the KFL+. It's simply the best vape I've ever enjoyed, bar none.

So tonight, dreading the chore and even though it wasn't at all necessary, I decided to change the wick in my coil. I expected it to be horrible, awful, difficult, frustrating and not at all successful. I don't know what I was fearing. It was a breeze. Simple really. I emptied the tank from the top, washed and dried all the pieces, removed the old cotton (which wasn't even charred or dark), dry burned it, used tweezers to push the coils close together again, dry burned again until there was nothing more than a glow, rinsed it under water, dried it, put in a new piece of cotton, dripped some juice on it, gave it a slight touch of the button to make sure she was firing OK, put it all back together, filled her up, let her sit a few minutes to make sure juice flowed in the channels and it's vaping just perfectly.

One thing I tried this time around was to use less cotton. I think my first build used too much and it gurgled a tiny bit (nothing troublesome at all), so I remembered one of the videos I watched suggested using less cotton is actually better. And so it is!

I know for you veteran RBA guys and gals, this is no major accomplishment, but for Sir Rod, it most definitely is. Oh yes indeed it is!!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Thanks Peter. Sir Rod thinks at this time he has finally the system he's SO HAPPY with and that's the KFL+. It's simply the best vape I've ever enjoyed, bar none.

So tonight, dreading the chore and even though it wasn't at all necessary, I decided to change the wick in my coil. I expected it to be horrible, awful, difficult, frustrating and not at all successful. I don't know what I was fearing. It was a breeze. Simple really. I emptied the tank from the top, washed and dried all the pieces, removed the old cotton (which wasn't even charred or dark), dry burned it, used tweezers to push the coils close together again, dry burned again until there was nothing more than a glow, rinsed it under water, dried it, put in a new piece of cotton, dripped some juice on it, gave it a slight touch of the button to make sure she was firing OK, put it all back together, filled her up, let her sit a few minutes to make sure juice flowed in the channels and it's vaping just perfectly.

One thing I tried this time around was to use less cotton. I think my first build used too much and it gurgled a tiny bit (nothing troublesome at all), so I remembered one of the videos I watched suggested using less cotton is actually better. And so it is!

I know for you veteran RBA guys and gals, this is no major accomplishment, but for Sir Rod, it most definitely is. Oh yes indeed it is!!
Congrats Sir Rod!!!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
well done Sir Rod ... I knew you would love that Provari Kayfun setup.

All my vapes are the same setup ... as a matter of fact, I'm 3 weeks away from heading to Florida for 9 days vacation,

and I have 3 used Provaris I bought from the classies waiting there ... I may also have to grab one of the specials before they are gone :blink:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Thanks Astro and Willy!

And Willy, I hope you're going to have a fabulous vacation in this great state! May is one of the nicest months down here. It's warm during the day, but it won't be a billion percent humidity until the middle of June.

I always do ... my Parents have an amazing house in Sarasota on a golf course.

Every day you see Deer roaming around ... lots of Deer.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I always do ... my Parents have an amazing house in Sarasota on a golf course.

Every day you see Deer roaming around ... lots of Deer.

We were married at Longboat Key Club in Sarasota! It's our absolute favorite resort. An hour from Tampa, but once there, it feels and looks just like the Caribbean!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
BTW.......ECF has increased the size of Avatars from the paltry 5KB they opened with on Friday, to 30KB, which is a much more reasonable size. We campaigned hard on the Site Feedback forum, which was met with nothing but a positive response by the Forum Mods. This place is just the best. The best I'm telling you!!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
BTW.......ECF has increased the size of Avatars from the paltry 5KB they opened with on Friday, to 30KB, which is a much more reasonable size. We campaigned hard on the Site Feedback forum, which was met with nothing but a positive response by the Forum Mods. This place is just the best. The best I'm telling you!!

mine will only take 5k still :blink:

Reactions: Jake67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread