Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Been vaping on my Stealth Procyon/Black Griffin combo all weekend. I'm loving it! I wasn't sure about putting the Griffin on there, but it really looks good and Vapes great! I actually started out with my KfMv3 on it, then put a moonshot on it. The moonshot is nice, but I only have that in stainless, so I put a pair of 26g K coils in the Griffin (homing out to 0.48) and have been happily running it at 35w. Great flavor, nice temp, good airflow. After driving around doing errands yesterday, I still only drained the battery to about 3.7v. I'm definitely impressed. So happy I bought it! It also feels better in my hand than the other mods I own. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats interesting. Thanks. I think I have a griffin somewhere..still in its box..I was Stocking up after the FDA...maybe I'll give it a shout. Im not a stealth PV-er..(female- just an androgynous avatar)..but I dont go for gaudy either. Now Im wondering why the Griff wasnt cracked open and fired.
Cheers.

Reactions: AstroTurf

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I don't understand something. I like the original software--with updates--that is in the P3. Considering the price difference is not that great between the P3, Radius and Procyon, why isn't the software the same--allowing of course for the up and down buttons on the Radius? I know nothing about it, but I'd think once the software is written that's one of the least expensive parts of the mods.

Despite the fact I never vape at more than 12 watts, I was thinking about Procyon when I discovered the software was less capable than the P3.

ProVape has some pretty smart guys. So what am I missing?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I don't understand something. I like the original software--with updates--that is in the P3. Considering the price difference is not that great between the P3, Radius and Procyon, why isn't the software the same--allowing of course for the up and down buttons on the Radius? I know nothing about it, but I'd think once the software is written that's one of the least expensive parts of the mods.

Despite the fact I never vape at more than 12 watts, I was thinking about Procyon when I discovered the software was less capable than the P3.

ProVape has some pretty smart guys. So what am I missing?
If you go for the Radius or Procyon, what you will be missing is VOLTS in the menu :lol:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hum, I've had a Procyon since they were released, never even noticed the vv menu wasn't there until you just mentioned it. For the past 18+ months the only mods I've had in daily rotation are ProVaris, Dicodes, and mechs... I've never used the P3 in any mode except watts, it took me probably a year+ to notice that despite their insane level of configurability (down to picking the cut-off for battery under load, and 27 other OCD things) Dicodes never added volts; mechs of course amount to- adjust power output by how you build the coil. Also have SX Minis, but they live in the apocalypse boxes these days, break open in case of End of World and Every Other Device has dropped dead, I don't remember if they have volts, never checked.

Whenever I hit the button too fast and accidentally wind up in vv mode on a P3, I just scroll out of it, and when using a mini 2.5 I set them and forget them (years pass). Seeing a vv menu just kinda makes my brain grind to a halt... wait, wut? And then, slowly, my train of thought arrives <chug> <chug> <chug> <chug> many seconds pass <choo> <choo>! Oh, yeah, right, I used to do this, years ago ... I *should* know this from building coils for mechs, but I've been on autopilot so long I haven't dug out an Ω's law calculator app in years.

All of which is a long way of saying, I think the world has moved on, because nobody seems to bother adding in vv anymore, and as you just brought to my attention, ProVape who originally built their rep based upon VV devices, has removed it. IronY.

What advantage do you find with VV, just habit, or something else?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hum, I've had a Procyon since they were released, never even noticed the vv menu wasn't there until you just mentioned it. For the past 18+ months the only mods I've had in daily rotation are ProVaris, Dicodes, and mechs... I've never used the P3 in any mode except watts, it took me probably a year+ to notice that despite their insane level of configurability (down to picking the cut-off for battery under load, and 27 other OCD things) Dicodes never added volts; mechs of course amount to- adjust power output by how you build the coil. Also have SX Minis, but they live in the apocalypse boxes these days, break open in case of End of World and Every Other Device has dropped dead, I don't remember if they have volts, never checked.

Whenever I hit the button too fast and accidentally wind up in vv mode on a P3, I just scroll out of it, and when using a mini 2.5 I set them and forget them (years pass). Seeing a vv menu just kinda makes my brain grind to a halt... wait, wut? And then, slowly, my train of thought arrives <chug> <chug> <chug> <chug> many seconds pass <choo> <choo>! Oh, yeah, right, I used to do this, years ago ... I *should* know this from building coils for mechs, but I've been on autopilot so long I haven't dug out an Ω's law calculator app in years.

All of which is a long way of saying, I think the world has moved on, because nobody seems to bother adding in vv anymore, and as you just brought to my attention, ProVape who originally built their rep based upon VV devices, has removed it. IronY.

I think it's habit, and familiarity. I have about twenty or so V2-V2.5 ProVari's and I still think of power settings by the way I leaned, in volts. It's easy for me. I have a Radius but rarely use it, why? Because I have to step back and think, about what I want for a setting when I change atomizers. I resent not having the volt setting in that device, and am unapologetic for feeling thus.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Sometimes I just want to know the voltage and don't want to whip out a calculator.

am unapologetic for feeling thus.
Me too. I bought Jackie a Radius for her birthday and she loves it. I won't be getting one, nor will I be getting a Procyon. If ProVape wants me to purchase more P3's, they better damn well keep at least a reference to voltage in the menu and, "am unapologetic for feeling thus." :D

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
+1 to what Duane said. It's just a simple matter of what I'm used to. I LIKE having both watts and voltage displayed because I know where my sweet spot is on both. It annoys me to no end when I pick up my Radius and find its not there.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Sounds like your rescued mod has lost it's WAE...

LOLz
LOLzzzz!! Indeed...ProVapes accuracy is tried and true, no need to double down. We can over Pi anything,
sounds like HBcorpse builds are running fine. that's the next (hopefully last) ladder rung for me- with the deeming/stocking, I will learn to build for the tanks still in their boxes.

Reactions: AstroTurf

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Procyon ordered and shipped on Friday.
Fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow.
My first and only mod, a Kanger Topbox mini died Friday morning after only two months so I'm not jerking around with cheap crappy mods again.
Hopefully the $300 AUS will be money invested wisely for my vaping future :thumbs:

Pics and excitement to come....

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
My first and only mod, a Kanger Topbox mini died Friday morning after only two months so I'm not jerking around with cheap crappy mods again.
Hopefully the $300 AUS will be money invested wisely for my vaping future :thumbs:

Congrats! You won't be disappointed. No you won't!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Woo Hoo!!

It's arrived and it exceeds my expectations as far as quality goes!
What a superb bit of engineering.

The only tank I own is the Kanger top tank but it's never tasted so good.
Who woulda thunk lol

Fingers crossed I'll never need to buy another mod

Last edited:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Ok so I've been vaping on the Procyon for several hours now and am a bit stunned by the improvement in flavour using my cheap and cheerful Kanger top tank with the exact same juice I've been vaping for a month.

I don't understand how changing a mod but still running the same wattage (25 watts) can make such a noticeable improvement in flavour?

VERY happy though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread