Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I went to look.

Did we know there was a Titanium Procyon?

ProVari Procyon TI - Satin Silver with Polished Accents
I've been eyeing that up for a while, said I wouldn't buy another tube mod, bit like Gandalfs wand in 18650 but the Procyon in Titanium is making me think twice!

I was going to wait till my trip to Florida for my 60watt radius but I was too impatient and have it already :) so it would be a real shame not to make use of my trip to the states and save a few quid on delivery and customs.... right?

I'm thinking a Rev.4 billet box aswell if I can have that delivered to the hotel too!

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
On pricing for Nautilus coils in Australia. Yes, that's much more than we pay for them here in the US. That said, think about how much you spent per pack of smokes and the $3/coil won't seem so awful. I say that because on average a coil lasts me about 3 weeks.

Ok, so after watching literally hours of YouTube reviews on various tanks including the Kabuki, and reading hundreds of posts here and other forums I've added 2 X 5 pack Nautilus Aspire 1.6 ohm BVC coils, and a SS Kabuki to my cart at an Aussie Vape shop for a grand total of $156 delivered.

That's just over half the price I paid for my Procyon.

It's a massive initial outlay, and then add the ongoing cost of $3 per coil into the future.
I'm absolutely not a cloud chaser. Doesn't interest me at all.
It's ALL about the flavour for me (and reliability of course) and it looks like the best way for me to achieve the best flavour and consistency possible is to bite the bullet, suck it up, and spend the $$$ right now instead of jerking around indefinitely with cheaper alternatives.

I love my Procyon. One of the nicest bits of kit I've ever owned, Vape related or otherwise, so the initial big $$$ outlay for a quality tank is a logical choice.

But I still kinda wish the Kabuki had a quick and simple top fill, or easy open port.
And that it held more juice than the relatively measly 2.5 ish ml.
At my current rate of juice usage I'll be going through the filling process several times a day which could get old really quick....unless the kabuki with 1.6ohm coils is fairly frugal.
My current Kanger top tank mini is running .6 ohm coils and tends to chew through the juice, but is quick and easy to fill so no problems there.

I haven't hit the checkout button on my order just yet.. still doing some last minute hand wringing whilst rocking back and forth LOL

Reactions: Yonjuro

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Ok, so after watching literally hours of YouTube reviews on various tanks including the Kabuki, and reading hundreds of posts here and other forums I've added 2 X 5 pack Nautilus Aspire 1.6 ohm BVC coils, and a SS Kabuki to my cart at an Aussie Vape shop for a grand total of $156 delivered.

It's a massive initial outlay, and then add the ongoing cost of $3 per coil into the future.
It's ALL about the flavour for me (and reliability of course) and it looks like the best way for me to achieve the best flavour and consistency possible is to bite the bullet, suck it up, and spend the $$$ right now instead of jerking around indefinitely with cheaper alternatives.

I love my Procyon. One of the nicest bits of kit I've ever owned, Vape related or otherwise, so the initial big $$$ outlay for a quality tank is a logical choice.

But I still kinda wish the Kabuki had a quick and simple top fill, or easy open port.
At my current rate of juice usage I'll be going through the filling process several times a day which could get old really quick....unless the kabuki with 1.6ohm coils is fairly frugal.
My current Kanger top tank mini is running .6 ohm coils and tends to chew through the juice, but is quick and easy to fill so no problems there.

I haven't hit the checkout button on my order just yet.. still doing some last minute hand wringing whilst rocking back and forth LOL
Psssst... Kayfun.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Jackie quit using her K4 when we got her, her first Kabuki. :tumble:

Just sayin'... :blink:

I know there are others that did the same and there are those who did not. Heck, there's even one of us that doesn't see what all the fuss is about regarding the Kabuki and has been quite vocal about it. So...you know...

Whatever you decide, please report back with your findings. Take your time.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia

The Kabuki is great for a plug and play, great consistent taste.

I have two, but definitely prefer my RTAs these days. Have to agree with Astro too. I think I know the Aussie retailer you are purchasing from, he's a good bloke, he may have the Kayfun V4 in stock with the P3 base??? Or you can just use the 510 adapter and go for the new models :)

Don't get me wrong the Kabuki is a great tank, I just don't like being reliant on the nauti coils and it is somewhat limited on the juices it works well with in my experience.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Psssst... Kayfun.
That was my other main choice, but so far I've not been able to find anything but Kayfun clones in stock here in Aus.

I don't know what the clones are like except they are inexpensive, and seem to be made by several manufacturers.
How would I choose a good one, and would I gain anything over my reasonably ok Kanger tank?

Jackie quit using her K4 when we got her, her first Kabuki. :tumble:

Just sayin'... :blink:

I know there are others that did the same and there are those who did not. Heck, there's even one of us that doesn't see what all the fuss is about regarding the Kabuki and has been quite vocal about it. So...you know...

Whatever you decide, please report back with your findings. Take your time.
I'll definitely report my findings when I finally do make a purchase :)

The Kabuki is great for a plug and play, great consistent taste.

I have two, but definitely prefer my RTAs these days. Have to agree with Astro too. I think I know the Aussie retailer you are purchasing from, he's a good bloke, he may have the Kayfun V4 in stock with the P3 base??? Or you can just use the 510 adapter and go for the new models :)

Don't get me wrong the Kabuki is a great tank, I just don't like being reliant on the nauti coils and it is somewhat limited on the juices it works well with in my experience.
If it is the shop you are thinking of all I can find are Kayfun clones, one of them being a Tobeco brand that looks really nice and is only $48, but is sold out in the SS version. Only black available.

"This is a Tobeco clone of the most recent upgraded version of famous SvoeMesto Kayfun RBA.

It shares most features with previous version, but with some improvements
1. Changed adjustable airflow system, different from previous version, the Kayfun V4 has a easy airflow system, airflow can be changed by rotating the valve on the base.
2. Top refilling holes, liquid can be refilled from the top.
3. Specially designed stainless body, the RBA's body is made up of 3 rings and fixed by one screw on the top, it is solid!
4. Replaceable transparent tank, two optional clear tubes come with the kit so users can use them and see how much juice is remaining.
5. Large capacity, the capacity of the atomizer is 4.5ml.
6. 4 post deck for dual coil builds
"

And at the end of the day I'd really like whatever tank I end up buying to have a P3 connection as standard for no other reason than it will sit flush and only ever be used on my Procyon, which is and will be my only mod. No 510 adapters wanted or needed. Just because :)

Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
If it is the shop you are thinking of all I can find are Kayfun clones, one of them being a Tobeco brand that looks really nice and is only $48, but is sold out in the SS version. Only black available.

Hmmm, I just went and had a look on their site (am guessing it is VV?) and you are right no authentics listed anymore.

I am not a person that can advise on copies, they are not my thing.

I guess it comes down to how wedded you are to finding a tank with a P3 connection. I think your only real option right now is the Calix RBA by Leo. I have no experience with them and don't know if they are a good MTL tank option. They are reputed as being very good.

If you are happy to use the 510 adapter then you have so many great options available.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Hmmm, I just went and had a look on their site (am guessing it is VV?) and you are right no authentics listed anymore.

I am not a person that can advise on copies, they are not my thing.

I guess it comes down to how wedded you are to finding a tank with a P3 connection. I think your only real option right now is the Calix RBA by Leo. I have no experience with them and don't know if they are a good MTL tank option. They are reputed as being very good.

If you are happy to use the 510 adapter then you have so many great options available.

Yes it is VV :)

I don't MTL unless I'm using one of my evods which I have 5 of filled with various flavours for when I want something different other than my daily tobacco flavoured Vape which is all I use on the Procyon.
It's always set for direct lung so whatever tank I get must work well for that.

I've mentioned in a couple of my earlier posts that the current Kanger tank doesn't screw down flush on the Procyon. There's about .5 mm gap which isn't much but it's not something I want on a $300 Provari.
My concern about buying any tank with a 510 connection is that it may have the same issue.
At least I know if I buy a tank with a P3 connection it with fit perfectly flush on the Procyon, so yeah I'm kinda "wedded" to that idea, but still open to a 510 tank as long as I can be guaranteed it will sit flush.

Thanks for the heads up on the Calix RBA by Leo. I'll go and do some research on that as soon as I've posted this.
Cheers mate :)

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Yes it is VV :)

I don't MTL unless I'm using one of my evods which I have 5 of filled with various flavours for when I want something different other than my daily tobacco flavoured Vape which is all I use on the Procyon.
It's always set for direct lung so whatever tank I get must work well for that.

I've mentioned in a couple of my earlier posts that the current Kanger tank doesn't screw down flush on the Procyon. There's about .5 mm gap which isn't much but it's not something I want on a $300 Provari.
My concern about buying any tank with a 510 connection is that it may have the same issue.
At least I know if I buy a tank with a P3 connection it with fit perfectly flush on the Procyon, so yeah I'm kinda "wedded" to that idea, but still open to a 510 tank as long as I can be guaranteed it will sit flush.

Thanks for the heads up on the Calix RBA by Leo. I'll go and do some research on that as soon as I've posted this.
Cheers mate :)

The Kabuki is pretty much a MTL.

The Calix may serve you best as it sounds like you can do both. The new Kayfun 5 will do both but has the 510 connection. Heaps of people use them on provaris

My 510 Squape R (s) and 510 Hurricane all fit flush on my 2 provaris using the adapter rings that would have come with your procyon

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
The Kabuki is pretty much a MTL.

The Calix may serve you best as it sounds like you can do both. The new Kayfun 5 will do both but has the 510 connection. Heaps of people us them on provaris

My 510 Squape R (s) and 510 Hurricane all fit flush on my 2 provaris using the adapter rings that would have come with your procyon
Good to know those tanks sit flush. Thanks :)

I didn't know the kabuki was pretty much MTL. I'd seen clips showing DL use so I assumed it was good for that.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Good to know those tanks sit flush. Thanks :)

I didn't know the kabuki was pretty much MTL. I'd seen clips showing DL use so I assumed it was good for that.

Others views may vary with mine on the Kabuki :) There is a Kabuki thread on this page, so the DLers might be able to offer you a better idea.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I use a Kabuki on a P3 and am a DL. Then again, I have emphysema, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, heart failure and am O2 dependent so I may not be inhaling as deep as others. I don't know. I exhale more visible vapor than I would smoke from a tobacco cigarette.
:rickroll:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I use a Kabuki on a P3 and am a DL. Then again, I have emphysema, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, heart failure and am O2 dependent so I may not be inhaling as deep as others. I don't know. I exhale more visible vapor than I would smoke from a tobacco cigarette.
I'm not a deep inhaler either, and my draw is quite gentle and slow so I don't actually need a massive amount of air flow.
I find I get the best flavour with this technique, so if the Kabuki has even a reasonable amount of air flow then I'm pretty sure it would work for me.
Huge clouds are not at all necessary for my vaping enjoyment.
The 50 watts the Procyon can supply is way more than I'll ever need. I never use more than 25 watts and even that is too much for the current coils I'm winding :)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I'm not a deep inhaler either, and my draw is quite gentle and slow so I don't actually need a massive amount of air flow.
I find I get the best flavour with this technique, so if the Kabuki has even a reasonable amount of air flow then I'm pretty sure it would work for me.
Huge clouds are not at all necessary for my vaping enjoyment.
The 50 watts the Procyon can supply is way more than I'll ever need. I never use more than 25 watts and even that is too much for the current coils I'm winding :)
I keep her down to @ 8 watts so I can inhale as deep and as much as I possibly can. Lol It makes my lungs feel good and warm...

I think you should try the Kabuki, IMO.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
LOL my cart still contains the Kabuki, and aspire coils I placed in it yesterday.
Just gotta bring myself to hit the checkout button :D

I am sure you won't be disappointed with the Kabuki - it is a great little tank. Coils should last a week on 50/50 juice. I vape at 12.2W on mine generally. I know some do 8-10W but my juices don't really sing at that level. Having said that - I normally break a coil in at 9W and it still tastes good.

If you are in Perth I can let you try a few out???

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I am sure you won't be disappointed with the Kabuki - it is a great little tank. Coils should last a week on 50/50 juice. I vape at 12.2W on mine generally. I know some do 8-10W but my juices don't really sing at that level. Having said that - I normally break a coil in at 9W and it still tastes good.

To translate that in Ml's, my 1.8 coils make it through a 30ml bottle. YMMV.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda

Thanks for the kind offer mate. But I'm in rural Victoria so not really feasible.

But tonight I did a test with the Kanger by installing a pre made coil instead of the mini RBA and there was a noticeable improvement in flavour, so maybe I'm not as good as I originally thought at building my own coils/wicks lol

Anyway the net result is I've finally bitten the bullet and purchased a kabuki and a couple of 5 packs of Aspire Nautilus BVC coils.
Should be here by Friday or Monday.
Worst that can happen is I'll need to sell it on and try something else, but I'm quietly confident I'll be a happy camper.
Cheers and thanks All who have given me advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread