Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Mine are too. But read my post again :)
"you'll see that there is quite a bit of room for the juice to access the full wicking hole."

Not on mine. On my way out the door but if I think about it tonight I'll look for the pic I posted some time ago.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Not on mine. On my way out the door but if I think about it tonight I'll look for the pic I posted some time ago.
bangonwall.gif

Reactions: AstroTurf

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
"you'll see that there is quite a bit of room for the juice to access the full wicking hole."

Lex, please do post some pix. I'd like to see what you are talking about. I have 20 Kabukis. (What can I say? Zen's Magic is absolute.) And all of my all wick fine. I have two ADVs that are high VG. One is 70 VG and the other 63. The only difference with these juices is I run the power up a bit to 10 watts instead of the nine I use with 50-50 juices. I also set the airflow on all of them where the setscrew is flush with the outside of the tank.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I posted them in one of theses threads before but haven't had time to dig thru my pics to find it again. My mom is back in the hospital so I'll do it as soon as I can.

Recently discovered the hospital filters ECF so can't use their GUEST wifi. :mad:
Buuuuut you can use it to get on FB 24/7. :blink:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I posted them in one of theses threads before but haven't had time to dig thru my pics to find it again. My mom is back in the hospital so I'll do it as soon as I can.

Recently discovered the hospital filters ECF so can't use their GUEST wifi. :mad:
Buuuuut you can use it to get on FB 24/7. :blink:

ECF is a tobacco product :)

R

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
A new addition to the family just arrived. Something about the quality of a Provari product.

I am topping it off with a Stealth Kabuki. Was a little concerned at first, the ohm readings started off right at 1.7 and then jumped to 2.2 then 2.4. I took the tank off, put it back on a couple times and it was still doing it. Removed the battery and put it back in and it's settled in perfect. Vaping like a champ. Very happy to have this in my collection.

dc7385bf7008c479f8b81113f9585f0f.jpg

a4e3b370e2456623398c85fcc5e5894c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Good thing is, since I pulled the battery and restarted, the ohm jumping hasn't happened since. I have really found the perfect combo of mods and attys. I have a Vaporshark DNA200 for the occasional days I like to go nuts with clouds. It's a good to have if I want ridiculous power, but it sits for the most part.

I have my 40 Watt Radius which is my backup now.
My 60 Watt Radius for when I choose to use a box mod, I've been keeping my Kayfun 5 on it, and am very happy to have a Provari that I could actually use a dripper on.

My new Procyon has been getting all usage since I got it on Monday. Here is my take from someone who has owned and used daily a 2.5, P3, Radius, and now Procyon:

I held off for awhile because I didn't know how I would take to the 18650 only. I liked the length of the 2.5 and P3 using both shorter options, but I didn't like the battery life and lack of power. The option of having 50 Watts on a Provari tube was so appealing to me. I played around with the P3 for a while in 18650 mode and decided it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I quickly got used to it. So I had some points from previous purchases through Provape, and they put on a Flash Sale and put the P3 up for sale so the investment would be minimal.

The finish is exactly as I have become accustomed to with Provape. I have had the SX Mini and IPV D2 and the finish scratched and marked easily with no abuse. Every Provari finish I have had has stood the test of time.

On my stealth, I love the deep black from top to bottom. I wish they did the black top cap on the standard black P3 like this. My stealth Kabuki was made for this device. Everything looks really sleek. On my Customized stealth finish Radius's I kept the buttons clear. I thought I would miss it on the Procyon, but the little light that illuminates above the button works for me. Another thing that I appreciate about all my Provari's going back to all of them is no rattles. They are all solid. There is no sound or feel of movement from anything inside or on the mods. To me that adds to a feeling of quality. I feel 100% confident of the safety features built in. I have never read anything relating to a Provari problem with a battery exploding or overheating. The menu system is tedious, but that is only initially. After I set it up with my preferred settings, that's a 1 time deal and I am only setting wattage up or down in small increments because my presets keep me around where I want to be.

Here is the most impressive thing that I have been finding when using the Kabuki, and previously Nautilus's. I typically use a 1.2 ohm coil, power it at 10.6 Watts on the boost setting of 2. On my 2.5 I had to swap batteries 2-3 times a day. My P3, at least 1 time during the day. I have zero complaints about the the Radius battery life. Consistently would last me all day and have plenty of battery at the end of the night where I could go a day and a half before charging if I forgot to charge the night before. I received my Procyon on Monday around 4pm. I had an extra LG 3000Mah battery that I fully charged waiting to put in the Procyon. it's now Wednesday 11am, I have been using the Procyon exclusively, and the battery is a little below half. I usually go camping Labor Day weekend. The last few years, I would make sure to bring a bunch of batteries fully charged along with a car charger to make sure I would have battery life throughout the entire weekend. What a difference a year makes. I can go without a charger, bring 3 fully charged 18650's and feel confident that I will most likely not use them all.

I love having the best of both worlds and really happy that Provari is able to provide that with Mods that I feel could easily last me a lifetime.

Here's a Provari family shot:

5ea26e344f2c93bfd3dba2da5954120f.jpg

Last edited:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Good thing is, since I pulled the battery and restarted, the ohm jumping hasn't happened since. I have really found the perfect combo of mods and attys. I have a Vaporshark DNA200 for the occasional days I like to go nuts with clouds. It's a good to have if I want ridiculous power, but it sits for the most part.

I have my 40 Watt Radius which is my backup now.
My 60 Watt Radius for when I choose to use a box mod, I've been keeping my Kayfun 5 on it, and am very happy to have a Provari that I could actually use a dripper on.

My new Procyon has been getting all usage since I got it on Monday. Here is my take from someone who has owned and used daily a 2.5, P3, Radius, and now Procyon:

I held off for awhile because I didn't know how I would take to the 18650 only. I liked the length of the 2.5 and P3 using both shorter options, but I didn't like the battery life and lack of power. The option of having 50 Watts on a Provari tube was so appealing to me. I played around with the P3 for a while in 18650 mode and decided it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I quickly got used to it. So I had some points from previous purchases through Provape, and they put on a Flash Sale and put the P3 up for sale so the investment would be minimal.

The finish is exactly as I have become accustomed to with Provape. I have had the SX Mini and IPV D2 and the finish scratched and marked easily with no abuse. Every Provari finish I have had has stood the test of time.

On my stealth, I love the deep black from top to bottom. I wish they did the black top cap on the standard black P3 like this. My stealth Kabuki was made for this device. Everything looks really sleek. On my Customized stealth finish Radius's I kept the buttons clear. I thought I would miss it on the Procyon, but the little light that illuminates above the button works for me. Another thing that I appreciate about all my Provari's going back to all of them is no rattles. They are all solid. There is no sound or feel of movement from anything inside or on the mods. To me that adds to a feeling of quality. I feel 100% confident of the safety features built in. I have never read anything relating to a Provari problem with a battery exploding or overheating. The menu system is tedious, but that is only initially. After I set it up with my preferred settings, that's a 1 time deal and I am only setting wattage up or down in small increments because my presets keep me around where I want to be.

Here is the most impressive thing that I have been finding when using the Kabuki, and previously Nautilus's. I typically use a 1.2 ohm coil, power it at 10.6 Watts on the boost setting of 2. On my 2.5 I had to swap batteries 2-3 times a day. My P3, at least 1 time during the day. I have zero complaints about the the Radius battery life. Consistently would last me all day and have plenty of battery at the end of the night where I could go a day and a half before charging if I forgot to charge the night before. I received my Procyon on Monday around 4pm. I had an extra LG 3000Mah battery that I fully charged waiting to put in the Procyon. it's now Wednesday 11am, I have been using the Procyon exclusively, and the battery is a little below half. I usually go camping Labor Day weekend. The last few years, I would make sure to bring a bunch of batteries fully charged along with a car charger to make sure I would have battery life throughout the entire weekend. What a difference a year makes. I can go without a charger, bring 3 fully charged 18650's and feel confident that I will most likely not use them all.

I love having the best of both worlds and really happy that Provari is able to provide that with Mods that I feel could easily last me a lifetime.

Here's a Provari family shot:

5ea26e344f2c93bfd3dba2da5954120f.jpg

Very, very nice!

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
After market I'd like to see for the Procyon ... a thin leather virtually seamless sleeve to slide between the embossed rings on the tube. I thought about stacking a bunch of tank o-rings but don't think I'll try that. It just seems that something is missing in that area of the tube and except for the embossed ring just below the window, there's nothing to keep the tube from slipping and sliding in the hand. If not leather, then a thin embossed rubber sleeve or something. Ideas?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
After market I'd like to see for the Procyon ... a thin leather virtually seamless sleeve to slide between the embossed rings on the tube. I thought about stacking a bunch of tank o-rings but don't think I'll try that. It just seems that something is missing in that area of the tube and except for the embossed ring just below the window, there's nothing to keep the tube from slipping and sliding in the hand. If not leather, then a thin embossed rubber sleeve or something. Ideas?
SerenityGear Leather - Home

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hi!
I want one! :) Can buy a Stealth in my country for $46 less than ordering a Satin Silver from abroad. Will use the Kayfun 5 as the primary tank. Maybe a black glass for the KF5 will work with the Stealth?

Should I get the titanium edt. instead even though that will be quite more expensive?

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Hi!
I want one! :) Can buy a Stealth in my country for $46 less than ordering a Satin Silver from abroad. Will use the Kayfun 5 as the primary tank. Maybe a black glass for the KF5 will work with the Stealth?

Should I get the titanium edt. instead even though that will be quite more expensive?
The Ti Model of any Provi is so light...

Well worth it in my opinion.

Jim

Reactions: nocigsnomore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread