Dec 2, 2016
US of A

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I don't know... if provari is going out of business, I'm a bit hesitant to order even a $99 device.

No bashing here, folks, just thinking out loud.
ya prolly better to buy 5 china mods...

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I don't know... if provari is going out of business, I'm a bit hesitant to order even a $99 device.

Beacuse of the customer service which will be no more available if mod dies or because you're affraid they will make last batch at different quality just to sell as much as they can?

I believe that later one won't happen even if they are closing and having that in mind you probably won't need and service... but there's always few among all units which will have some problem with every product.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
Beacuse of the customer service which will be no more available if mod dies or because you're affraid they will make last batch at different quality just to sell as much as they can?

I believe that later one won't happen even if they are closing and having that in mind you probably won't need and service... but there's always few among all units which will have some problem with every product.

You got it - it's the support issues. Provari devices are not user serviceable, so what am I to do if it goes belly up or requires an update?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

That's the decision you gotta make.

I personally wouldn't buy a Procyon now over a P3, Radius, Classic or 2.5. ONLY due to my lack of experience with them (new-ish product and I don't own one), the uncertainty surrounding ProVape's future and the fact that my 2.5, Radius, P3 and Classic mods are all tried and true and have worked for me for well over a year. I may buy another P3 and I am fairly comfortable that it would last even if support goes away.

I also have Chinese mods that I love (Smok G-Priv and Alien, SX Mini and a Snow Wolf) but I am not counting on them to last as long as my Provaris and mechs. Ok, maybe the SX Mini as it is built like a brick $&@%house.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
If they are closing there will be no more updates. And for the first part, I don't have any idea. :tumble:

That's the decision you gotta make.
I personally wouldn't buy a Procyon now over a P3, Radius, Classic or 2.5.

Cab you elaborate little bit? I was using only V2 for years and just two days ago ordered P3 so I don't know how even P3 works. So maybe you can help me with your POV.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
you guys really think Provaoe will go out of business?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I hope not but am fearing the worst. Unfortunately ProVape has not been seen here in months and will not publicly state that things are business as usual after being asked multiple times here, via email and just about every other form of social media.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
you guys really think Provaoe will go out of business?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IMO, no, ProVape will not go out of business ... however, if the FDA completely kills open tank vaping, then everyone closes shop.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Seems to me it was (is) an excellent model that was great for those wanting a higher power tube mod that uses 18650 flat top batteries.

It sure has a stunning design and I'd have no qualms about the build or components, especially since it was made by ProVape.

Alas, I am one that only uses tube mod 18650's in Ti, I didn't indulge and expanded my Radii back-ups. :)

Trollky

Jan 10, 2017
I'm glad I got mine too. It looks the nuts in stealth black. I also like the fact it's 18650 only with no extension tubes and a redesigned battery cap which provides impressive battery life. A Samsung 30Q (3000mah) lasts me from 7am to midnight (1 to 1.2 ohm build @ about 17W). And I go through 12-15ml of juice a day :)

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Looking at all threads here and overall activity, I have a feeling that Procyon was the least desired Provape mod.
I have a Procyon. It was my first Provari and I love it topped with a Kabuki.

Aesthetically beautiful, solid in hand, and 50 watts which is way more than I'll ever need..vaping on it right now as I type this :wub:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I have a Procyon. It was my first Provari and I love it topped with a Kabuki.

Aesthetically beautiful, solid in hand, and 50 watts which is way more than I'll ever need..vaping on it right now as I type this :wub:
Current watts?

Reactions: Zen Knitter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread