Not open for further replies.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Aaaggghhhhh!!!!!

I spent 2 full weeks in Denver in March/April and had no idea Casa Bonita was real, let alone in Denver!

At least I saw City Wok at the Denver airport.;)

I hear so many people say they didn't think Casa Bonita was real. I don't understand why you would not believe that such a wondrous place existed. :rolleyes: Mountains Schmountains, everyone should put that at the top of their bucket list and make a special trip just for the all-you-can-eat sopapillas eaten from a table sticky gooey with honey. :pervy:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Kind of late to the party...was just wondering what else is different in the update besides coil control? Not interested at all in temp control but would love to be able to see what voltage I am running on what watts I am at.
:matrix:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Have you tried the optional 3,000 mah battery? It's supposed to last longer. I've had one and changed out the battery that came with my Radius and it last me additional time. But then I vape @ 10 Watts

This trend of companies releasing high end mods without allowing 2-2.4a charging is silly. Premium devices should all be rapid charge and while the Leica inspired bottom plate on the radius is not difficult to access it is time consuming in an age of well working magnetic closures.

I'm guessing the 3000mah battery is a lg he3? They're about the same price as the 25r samsungs - so if you have multiple mods a two pack shipped for $10-12 isn't a bad upgrade. I do t have experience with that battery but the experience I have would indicate time increase is not proportionate to values expressed above 2500 I'm 18650 batteries. 25% spec increase can be as little as 5% and as much as 15% but is never 20% as you'd expect. I wonder if is is due to over spec' batteries or use case. I'm guessing the former.

Fwiw the only batteries ever to give me trouble were authentic Sony vtc5 batteries. Everyone raved about them. I wonder if it's because a wholesaler found a box buried somewhere and they'd been shelved s long time, and Sony didn't start making them again.

Anyway my point is for we forgetful types there's really no solution for 18650 that works aside from battery swapping - they're just too big even for 2.4a charging. Until we get some rapid charge like phones have where you get 1% per minute until the last 10% I can't see a solution better than multiple batteries ready to go and swapped before leaving.

The event six bay charger works very well for me though I don't find a need to use the Bluetooth function. I suppose if I opted to turn all the lights off all the time it would be helpful. I have a lot of mods and vape a lot. So I'm always looking for better battery solutions. The radius does pretty well with one oohs builds. Certain,h much better battery life than the p3. If the 3000 mah batteries are that much better I'd love to get some if you can confirm make and model. As well as build / power and boost / and volume of consumed juice per charge. I find juice consumption to be the best measure of battery life given everyone's differences in draw length. A spreadsheet of results should have been an endeavor undertaken ages ago by vapers. I'm shocked the best info is still flashlight sites.

This is the best source of real battery information I've found. I'll direct link to the comparator. You probably want to set it to 5a to see results closest to vaping. major differences in life at 1-2a draw seldom amount to much at 5. Most of us vape at 3.7-4.7

Battery test-review 18650 comparator

Hopefully this is helpful to some for both anecdotal and technical information. I've just begun charting battery use wi two new 25r batteries. I'll open the spreadsheet to the public with a firm for submission if there is interest. Unfortunately any other battery I have now is irrelevant as it's no longer in peak condition. The caveat is anything charred has to be new

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
@h00ligan very interesting/informative post there on the batteries. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to purchase one of those 3000mah batteries and run my own non scientific experiment and I'll post back my findings.

Battery Junction Efest 3100mah for $11.95/ea

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Having beta'd the CC I came to the conclusion it just was not for me. The 7-9 watts I typically vape are for the most part used because I prefer a cooler vape. The CC across all ranges and settings just vaped way to warm for me. If u like a hot steam vape you will love it though. As always, JMHO AYMMV.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

ravnhaus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2015
The 60 takes center stage topped with a Geek Tsunami. I have yet to build it, but it looks pretty cool!

IMG_2211.jpg

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
@h00ligan very interesting/informative post there on the batteries. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to purchase one of those 3000mah batteries and run my own non scientific experiment and I'll post back my findings.

Battery Junction Efest 3100mah for $11.95/ea
You'll love it- LG 3000mah. My Radius came home today (many Thanks ProVape for tuning her up), first thing I did was put in the Brown 3000. :) Cant say I can EVER support Efest..just not trust worthy, Im pilot background, so safety before profit is my thang...

Last edited:

thisisfun

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
boston
I'm pretty dissatisfied with my Radius. I've had it for a couple days now.

The battery door design is horrible, and now I'm getting temperature warnings from trying to use it while plugged in, which is rather necessary, due to the horrible battery door design.

And I got the gunmetal color, which might as well be black. If I wanted black, I would've ordered black...

The menu system is a bit of a faff as well.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

The battery door design is horrible, and now I'm getting temperature warnings from trying to use it while plugged in, which is rather necessary, due to the horrible battery door design.

And I got the gunmetal color, which might as well be black. If I wanted black, I would've ordered black...

If you've only had it a couple of days you can return it.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX

Very sorry to hear you are not happy with your Radius. :( It's not for everyone and I do understand your concerns. The battery cover wasn't designed to swap batteries on the fly. The Radius was designed to be charged via the USB but give you the ability to change out the battery if you needed to like if you want to upgrade or need to replace it.

Using while its charging....I am not sure what ProVape says about pass through charging. I am sure someone here can provide an answer to that. I do not use mine when its charging.

Like ScandaLeX said maybe try returning it. Hate to hear you arent happy with it.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
I finally broke down and ordered one today (40 not the 60-don't need that much). Can't wait to get it.

Congrats! I have the 40 watt in black, Ghost White, and all black. I love the Radius. I still love my P3 and Procyon but the Radius is what I use on a daily basis. You will appreciate it even more once you put it in your hand and see just how well made it is. Despite having a poly-carbonate shell its quite solid feeling. Its not a cheap feeling device at all.

Last edited:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX

I have two Radii. They should not get hot. Mine are not even warm when charging. I've seldom vaped while charging, although I didn't notice anything different when I did. I did notice a couple of times they were getting warm during charging. Change the charging cable first, then the charger and finally the battery.

At one of the members suggestion I bought this charger to replace an Apple iPad charger:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012WLUKHC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great. These cables were suggested:

Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine Micro USB (1ft) - Durable Charging Cable, with Kevlar Fiber and 10000+ Bend Lifespan for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

And they are excellent too.

Stay with it a for a few days. It's an excellent device.

thisisfun

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
boston
They should not get hot. Mine are not even warm when charging.

Mine definitely gets warm while charging, whether using it or not.

At one of the members suggestion.../These cables were suggested:

I already use nice micro usb cables that I've purchased/have weeded out my lower quality ones, or just use those for less critical tasks like charging bicycle lights. Similar story with chargers. I really shouldn't have to spend even more money & time troubleshooting/solving problems related to a basic function on a device of this supposed caliber.

As I'm typing this, I've now gone through two cables/and two different charging sources that it was taking a charge from, and now isn't/it's being finicky about. The battery readout is saying it's full one moment, and it's dead the next. This is with using it with a cerabis tank with a .9ohm since coil since last night, which I thought I'd stick with for a bit to see if it was gentler enough to the battery to make this device workable for me.

Maybe I got a dud. If that's the case, and I've got to return it anyways, I might as well try something else that doesn't have the shortcomings of this device. I've already got a vaporflask 133 ordered.

Changing batteries is a simple fact of life vaping with equipment/coils that are commonly available on the market these days, that the device is rated to use.

I was incredibly resistant to subohm vaping until the threads on my classic ti got stripped. Then I picked up some minivolts as backups, and found myself enjoying the Clieto, whose coils are considerably more reliable than the kanger coils I was using. I'm still using the higher rated coils that come with the 5 different tank systems I have now (~.5ohm, at around 35watts. I have a 60watt Radius, so I'm using it at less than 60% of it's rated capability).

The spring pressure on the battery compartment door is excessive (and I do a lot of work with my hands).

They chose to design something to be difficult, when they could've designed it to be easy, which is just silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JUMA55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread