Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
Still using the old school T-Puffer Set-Up (and still loving it)
Bell Capped kayfun Lite + nano
10/11 wraps on 2.5mm Kanthal micro coil - 1.8ohm
Flame Throwing 8 watts
Boost 1
Rayon wicking
14mg Georgia Peach Pin-Up by JimDash vape Industries :D

View attachment 589529
Awesome setup!! I'm kinda patting myself on the back with you 'cause I also went with bell capped Kayfuns (v4). Short learning curve and forgiving of less than optimal wick attempts. Love my black KFs on the stealth Radius... :party:

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Awesome setup!! I'm kinda patting myself on the back with you 'cause I also went with bell capped Kayfuns (v4). Short learning curve and forgiving of less than optimal wick attempts. Love my black KFs on the stealth Radius... :party:

Yep! I find myself straying to here and there trying out the latest new builds but somehow I always end up right back here. Simple, efficient, and a most excellent vape. :toast:

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
Yep! I find myself straying to here and there trying out the latest new builds but somehow I always end up right back here. Simple, efficient, and a most excellent vape. :toast:
Have you tried cc mode with your KFs? I'm worried about the plasticy bell caps surviving long term, but mine are holding up at I4 in cc mode so far, with my non-citrus DIY juices with just a hint of peppermint. Knock on wood, since I just love those bell caps!

Reactions: AstroTurf

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Have you tried cc mode with your KFs? I'm worried about the plasticy bell caps surviving long term, but mine are holding up at I4 in cc mode so far, with my non-citrus DIY juices with just a hint of peppermint. Knock on wood, since I just love those bell caps!

Not a big fan of cc mode. Found it warms up my vape a bit too much for my liking no matter what setting I use. That's the beauty of simple 8 watt micro-coil set up. No matter which device I plop it on, works almost exactly the same for me. And considering I take beater mods to work with me now instead of a Radius (took the destruction of just one to make that happen) I prefer to keep it simple and consistent.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Not a big fan of cc mode. Found it warms up my vape a bit too much for my liking no matter what setting I use. That's the beauty of simple 8 watt micro-coil set up. No matter which device I plop it on, works almost exactly the same for me. And considering I take beater mods to work with me now instead of a Radius (took the destruction of just one to make that happen) I prefer to keep it simple and consistent.
I, For one, Would like to hear the Coroners Report on that Wounded Radi???

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Nothing so horrid I'm afraid....I actually have a picture round here...sec...

Although it broke my heart to see my Radius pass from this world to the next, at least it did so with a picture perfect view of the Pacific ocean...for about 2 seconds.

Radiustomb2.jpg
Radiustomb1.jpg

I was taking a laser range finding measurement in Pacific Palisades after some poor soul jumped off the cliff. A rather large gust of wind came along which forced the person standing next to me to stumble. In the attempt to regain their balance, they kicked my Go-Bag, in which my Radius was resting. In their defense, while trying to grab the bag before it went over the edge, I may have accidentally helped it a bit with a poorly timed snatch attempt. The red arrow denotes approximately where said bag ended up. (280 feet and change in case you were wondering). At least it was a used one and I obtained for a very good price and not one of my own brood.

RIP Radius

Valkyrie_kara

Dec 28, 2013
Valhalla
refresh my failing memory...what is cc mode ?:D
Coil Control.

well isnt that a kick in the pants.
hadnt been notified by provape of available updates, was running with ver 20.
updated thru ver 26 and 40cc.
have a kabuki with the 1.6 ohm nautilus coil installed, selected coil type G and lvl 7... interesting
normally have 12 watts set..,. very interesting indeed
the radius coil control tank recommendations dont list the kayfun so playing with stainless steel or sweet spot titanium coil builds in the kayfun would be done with the discovery method, correct...
this might be fun

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Nothing so horrid I'm afraid....I actually have a picture round here...sec...

Although it broke my heart to see my Radius pass from this world to the next, at least it did so with a picture perfect view of the Pacific ocean...for about 2 seconds.

View attachment 589797 View attachment 589799

I was taking a laser range finding measurement in Pacific Palisades after some poor soul jumped off the cliff. A rather large gust of wind came along which forced the person standing next to me to stumble. In the attempt to regain their balance, they kicked my Go-Bag, in which my Radius was resting. In their defense, while trying to grab the bag before it went over the edge, I may have accidentally helped it a bit with a poorly timed snatch attempt. The red arrow denotes approximately where said bag ended up. (280 feet and change in case you were wondering). At least it was a used one and I obtained for a very good price and not one of my own brood.

RIP Radius
What do you figure the velocity was when it met terra firma? Got any post mortem shots?

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
What do you figure the velocity was when it met terra firma? Got any post mortem shots?

I'm still kicking myself for the lack of a proper pictorial autopsy. I was a tad umm...angry..at the time; however, I gave it a proper burial at sea. Looking back I was a bit too impulsive cause even though the damage was catastrophic (landed on rocks) I may have been able to salvage a part or two. Still, by that time there were way too many eyes in the sky aka local news for me to construct a small burial mound and proper memorial and so I let it slip the surly bonds of earth....and I chucked it overhand into the drink. :D

And re: speed? No clue on an object of that size, a human, with ALOT of factors thrown out for a simple number, goes about 50 meters a second after about 2-4 seconds of air time. The variables for a real calculation make my head hurt.

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I'm still kicking myself for the lack of a proper pictorial autopsy. I was a tad umm...angry..at the time; however, I gave it a proper burial at sea. Looking back I was a bit too impulsive cause even though the damage was catastrophic (landed on rocks) I may have been able to salvage a part or two. Still, by that time there were way too many eyes in the sky aka local news for me to construct a small burial mound and proper memorial and so I let it slip the surly bonds of earth....and I chucked it overhand into the drink. :D

And re: speed? No clue on an object of that size, a human, with ALOT of factors thrown out for a simple number, goes about 50 meters a second after about 2-4 seconds of air time. The variables for a real calculation make my head hurt.
Yeah, wow. At the very least you could have sent it in with the question, "Whaddaya think?"

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Yeah, wow. At the very least you could have sent it in with the question, "Whaddaya think?"

Now that would have been funny. Send the wreckage to the Mothership with a note saying, "My cat knocked this off the coffee table, can you please fix it asap? Oh, and how much? 20-30 bucks?"

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Now that would have been funny. Send the wreckage to the Mothership with a note saying, "My cat knocked this off the coffee table, can you please fix it asap? Oh, and how much? 20-30 bucks?"
Well, yeah. I guess I'm asking the question because I don't know what it looked like. I'm thinking even if it was in pieces, what would it have hurt to send it in and get a repair estimate.

But hey, it's a moot point, at this point...

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali

I bet it would have still worked [emoji39]

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I'm in the fence as to my next mod. I have a 40w standard black Radius that I love. I am tempted to get a second but perhaps white. Is the white essentially translucent? I thought I saw something recent about someone getting a white battery wrap so the battery didn't show.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I'm in the fence as to my next mod. I have a 40w standard black Radius that I love. I am tempted to get a second but perhaps white. Is the white essentially translucent? I thought I saw something recent about someone getting a white battery wrap so the battery didn't show.
I've got the white ones and the plastic does seem different compared to my opaque purple ones. I didn't think it was see-through, but it is more like the white globe you might use on a light fixture. You can see the LED lights glow when you push the fire button, but I really didn't notice the green battery skin showing through on mine. I think someone did mention getting some white wrappers for their battery. If you used a brown battery, I imagine that would show a slight brown tint through the body.

I've wrapped mine now, but for me, the translucence was a positive thing that I wanted. I plan to spend my points on another white one when they mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread