Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Anyone with s mark bugs gem and radius

Lightening vapes has 28g stainless core wrapped 36g Kanthal which is a dream for mtl and in the gem you can get right about a half ohm with the tiny deck and use the radius on i 2-5 depending on your preference.

The finishes match well too. And the coil control is spot on with this build. I think i have a photo somewhere ...

Combo really shines together. In usage and aesthetics.

It suits the charm too but you probably want the 60 watt as even mtl on the charm wants min 30+. Heres the charm and radius ill find he other photo of the gem and deck.
Long tip
680bf8180587732fa51796627d951305.jpg

Shirt tip
41ca870f26032e0f675f7678e096c8e3.jpg

And some photos of randol atomizers on the radius
80f7982a56d8452b7a61b3a98f493524.jpg

Gem
6d4ba204b9bc11f57a64d52ca608cbf6.jpg

c14a6d1a807b6ad6e442daa2a0908057.jpg

Cloud1
4bf9948378bfd94bfcc5ffd2b08b5601.jpg

28dc16a6c88a98c44a50c9381623bb09.jpg

Taifun gt2 with steam tuners tank
e9819ed7da7ba2810d2a664a36b7a634.jpg

Stainless tanks don't look very good on this device. Mostly glass or plastic or sanded / titanium so

Last edited:

kl34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Montpellier, France
The Calix has taken over my gear. I own 5.
I have put all but two KFL's in storage.
I also rotate in a KF4, but the Calix calls to me like the Radius. And the combo is incredible.

Hands down one of the BEST atomizers I've ever used, in almost six years of vaping.

Another Calix fan here. I have 3 (One of each size). However, I still use KFLs daily. There are so many aftermarket accessories that make this great atty terrific. I have six authentics, each with custom top-fill caps (two from steam tuners and four from Avid Vapor). Great reliable goodies for the Vapocalypse. ;)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Another Calix fan here. I have 3 (One of each size). However, I still use KFLs daily. There are so many aftermarket accessories that make this great atty terrific. I have six authentics, each with custom top-fill caps (two from steam tuners and four from Avid Vapor). Great reliable goodies for the Vapocalypse. ;)

Wow thats r ally shocking. I just got one and its the most disappointing tank I've ever owned. Based on the expectations i had.

Its like kt does everything not as well as a bunch kf other tanks.

Density is poor
Volume is poor
Temperature of the vape is meh
Flavor is meh

I just haven't found anything its good at yet. Im surprised to read it coming from @HBcorpse especially since we have similar styles and tastes.

What kind of builds are you two doing? I have a 28ss/36ss 5/6 wrap
Spaced Clapton in there. Which rocks in other devices and does improve the calix but only to the level of average. Plus the air flow is 1989 style and i hate it. Different builds and juices require changing air flow. I don't believe i can set ajd forget unless i use the same juice build and power all the time. Then there are he lackluster looks of the device. Its just incredibly outdated looking

I feel
Like the phenomenon lite is a way better vape. As are he gem. Cloud 1. Taifun gt2. Heron v2. Spheroid v4. Gem v1. Gs2. Chalice v3

I don't own a tank i think is worse than the calix

So id love to know
Your build. And power settings
Where you set airflow to.
What kind of drop Tip you use.

I find he calix needs to have the air opened almost all the way to get any decent vapor
Production and i cant use a small
Tip

What are he custom top fill parts? I love steam
Tuners stuff.

I have only been vaping the calix v2 for just over a week. So its early. I probably haven't found my magic build. But the starting point is way back for me compared to other devices.

The top fill is a good idea but too small for me.

Reactions: AstroTurf

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My new-found sweet spot on the Calix is:

Calix v2, P3 base, Nano tank setup

-29g Kanthal on 5/64" drill bit x2
-Dual coil build comes out to 0.58-0.60
-Firing at 25 watts on Radius
-Juice control open 1.5 turns

I feed wick from opposing sides, and cut one tail as if it were a normal single coil build. I cut the other wick tail short.
f96326e5670a9d4d907195ec72c42b8e.jpg

I'm having a hard time finding the right atomizer to use with that 36k/28k Clapton wire.
I've tried it with the Calix, and didn't like the performance.
I also tried it with the KF4, KF5, KFL, and a dripper...no dice.

Now that I have a Radius (60watt), I am finding I get great performance from many of my old atomizers, with dual coil setups.
The Calix and KF4 have been the two biggest successes for me.

0.5-0.6 ohm, dual coil builds, at or near 25 watts...love it.

So much so that I've purchased three new Calix last month, and even managed to find another authentic KF4.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
It warms my crybaby little heart to see a beginner find Provape bliss so soon!

It took me almost three years (and lots of hard earned money) to realize how stupid I was by not just getting a Provari first.

I think you will like the Radius very much, based on what I've read from you here.
Cheers, and thanks to all of you who offered advice based on your first hand experiences.

My "Radius" savings piggy bank is now under way :thumbs:

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
The Calix has taken over my gear. I own 5.
I have put all but two KFL's in storage.
I also rotate in a KF4, but the Calix calls to me like the Radius. And the combo is incredible.

Hands down one of the BEST atomizers I've ever used, in almost six years of vaping.

I am very curious to see the build deck on the Calix. Anyone have a pic they can share? Thank you!

**Edit: I see one right above. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi all,

Quick question...I have a Radius and the button throw catches just a slight bit. It is intermittent, but a little annoying compared to the smoothness on my other Radius.

Are my only options to a) ignore it or b) send it in to Provape?

Thank you!

Reactions: AstroTurf

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hi all,

Quick question...I have a Radius and the button throw catches just a slight bit. It is intermittent, but a little annoying compared to the smoothness on my other Radius.

Are my only options to a) ignore it or b) send it in to Provape?

Thank you!

Those are the only options I can think of as well.

For $200+ it should work great, so don't feel "picky" for wanting the issue to go away.

Reactions: Kh888

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Cheers, and thanks to all of you who offered advice based on your first hand experiences.

My "Radius" savings piggy bank is now under way :thumbs:
...ummm..well, here's the thing.

I had planned on saving up for my new radius (40 watt), but they are getting scarce as chooks teeth down here in Australia, and the black ones became unavailable this morning. My second choice was a nice blue one...also unavailable now.
Third choice was a noice pretty cabernet red one and found only 3 available.
Once they are gone it would be an indefinite wait for new stock, and most likely at increased prices due to the current $ exchange rate so to cut a long story..umm.. long, I stumbled across a discount code which gave me a $15 discount, and shipping was free, so I've bitten the bullet and made a nasty mess of my credit card to buy a pretty red Radius, which should arrive early next week.
Also stocked up on a 50ml bottle of RY4 concentrate and a cuppla 18650 battery boxes which meant the whole shebang came to about 5 bucks more than the original full price of the radius.

No buyers remorse present right now, but I'm sure once the beer wears off a bit i'll indulge in a cuppla face palms LOL :lol:

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

I had planned on saving up for my new radius (40 watt), but they are getting scarce as chooks teeth down here in Australia, and the black ones became unavailable this morning. My second choice was a nice blue one...also unavailable now.
Once they are gone it would be an indefinite wait for new stock, and most likely at increased prices due to the current $ exchange rate so to cut a long story..umm.. long, I stumbled across a discount code which gave me a $15 discount, and shipping was free, so I've bitten the bullet and made a nasty mess of my credit card to buy a pretty red Radius, which should arrive early next week.
Also stocked up on a 50ml bottle of RY4 concentrate and a cuppla 18650 battery boxes which meant the whole shebang came to about 5 bucks more than the original full price of the radius.

No buyers remorse present right now, but I'm sure once the beer wears off a bit i'll indulge in a cuppla face palms LOL :lol:

I think you'll really like your choice as the red is very deep and very "classic" looking. :toast:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States

I think you will like the Red Radius. You might do a :facepalm: for spending the money, but when you take the first few vapes you'll be :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: because you waited so long to get one. :thumb:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I think you'll really like your choice as the red is very deep and very "classic" looking. :toast:
It is a Very nice colour even though it wasn't on my first choice list.
I'm a live sound engineer/roadie and my wardrobe is filled with black clothes so black was my first choice.
The blue is also a great colour.
But with neither of those available I did some hand wringing and rocking back and forth between the red, purple, and ghost white.
Ghost white got quickly ruled out due to the visibility of the LED through the case, and purple struck me as a bit too "feminine" for me lol
I'm sure I'll love the red :)

@iBloke you will love the Radius. Solid purchase. My recommendation is that if you start second guessing yourself after the fact just keep on the beers.
mmmmmm....beeeeeer good!!
Provari Radius even better!! :lol:

I think you will like the Red Radius. You might do a :facepalm: for spending the money, but when you take the first few vapes you'll be :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: because you waited so long to get one. :thumb:
I took up vaping (evods) to quit the stinkies on 5 May this year. Quit ciggies in a week and have quickly moved on to quality vaping gear since, so not really a long time to arrive at my second Provape purchase. In fact I have zero interest in Any other brand now.

Yes Provari's are hideously expensive down here in Australia, but when I consider I was spending around $70 week on stinkies any initial Provari purchase cost pales into insignificance due to $$ saved on tobacco.

..and my crappy Kanger Kbox mini has just "broken" for the second time. It's only a bit over 3 months old. I fixed it the last time it broke. But I don't know what's wrong yet this time.
So I'm well and truly done with mass produced poor quality Chinese junk.

Provari forever!!

Cheers :toast:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I'm a live sound engineer/roadie and my wardrobe is filled with black clothes so black was my first choice.
But with neither of those available I did some hand wringing and rocking back and forth between the red, purple, and ghost white.
Ghost white got quickly ruled out due to the visibility of the LED through the case, and purple struck me as a bit too "feminine" for me lol

mmmmmm....beeeeeer good!!
Provari Radius even better!! :lol:

I took up vaping (evods) to quit the stinkies on 5 May this year. Quit ciggies in a week and have quickly moved on to quality vaping gear since, so not really a long time to arrive at my second Provape purchase. In fact I have zero interest in Any other brand now.

Yes Provari's are hideously expensive down here in Australia, but when I consider I was spending around $70 week on stinkies any initial Provari purchase cost pales into insignificance due to $$ saved on tobacco.

..and my crappy Kanger Kbox mini has just "broken" for the second time. It's only a bit over 3 months old. I fixed it the last time it broke. But I don't know what's wrong yet this time.
So I'm well and truly done with mass produced poor quality Chinese junk.

Provari forever!!

Cheers :toast:
Tell us that you at least got the 60 watt model?!?

Reactions: iBloke

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Tell us that you at least got the 60 watt model?!?
Nup, I'll never have the need for more than 20-30 watts (the most I currently use with my Kayfun and kabuki tanks is 17 watts) so the extra AUS $25+ for a 60 watt model made no sense :)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

The purple is also a deep and rich shade, and although less "classic" looking than the red, I wouldn't put it in the "feminine" spectrum, but rather more neutral. Then again, color and aesthetics is all a matter of personal taste, much like flavor preferences. I love my purple / graphite just as much as my red / bronze, and they both serve me very well. :cool:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
For anyone else considering NOT getting the 60 watt upgrade (sorry @iBloke):

I used to max out at 10 watt on any build I made. 1.0-1.2 ohms, 10 watts, loved it.

Then comes the Radius. I got the 60 watt, cuz I figured I may toy with it.

Before the Radius, I always KNEW that 10 watts was my peak.
I just knew it.
Again, enter the Radius.
She comes home, and I put my usual build on it (1-1.2ohm @ 10 watts), and it's nice.
Then I do some math, and decide to try the same build at 15 watts.
Whoa. Suddenly I realize I may have been missing out on something.
I always enjoyed the 10 watt life, especially since it was nice and easy on my P3 in 18350 mode. Any other battery size is just too large for me to daily carry. So I stuck with it.

The Radius, and tank, is not taller than a P3 and tank. It's a little wider. But I get 18650 battery power.

So then I start trying dual coil builds, because more coil surface area = more flavor.
I double up my usual 1-1.2 ohm coil on my KF4...the math cuts the resistance in half, so I'm at 0.5-0.6 ohms.
Once again, math dictates that 25 watts is my desired range (3.8-4.0 volts).
Boom. Houston we have a problem.
My mind has just been blown.
I really have been missing out on something. Flavor.
Sure a dual coil at 20+ watts means more clouds too, but who cares? I'm tasting juices as if they're new! Some have been all day vapes for 2+ years, and I never knew they tasted like this!

What does this have to do with getting the 60 watt? 25 watts ain't anywhere near 40 watts, so why bother with the 60?

Well, my cautionary tale speaks for itself.
You never know.
I'm PRETTY SURE I'll never fire a build above 30 watts, but with room to grow on the 60w, I've got space to find out.
Maybe 0.5 ohm @ 25 is just a stepping stone. Maybe it's my new final sweet spot.
Who knows? I sure don't.
But I'm glad I didn't let a 40w device cage me into never finding out!

But hey, that's just me. I would stand by my experience, even if it meant being burned at the stake, by a room full of 40w owners!

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
That's a great tale HB, you never know what will come next. I use an Avocado rebuild able tank with a single alien Clapton coil on my 60watt Provari Radius. I find it vapes perfect at about 42.6 watts. I dont chase any clouds, but get TONS of flavor at that level! Glad I bought the 60 watt?

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
Hey all, I have a question. I may be style-challenged as I bought a Radius in the midnight blue with gunmetal finish. Very dark, and it makes the body look black. Then, a few months later, I bought the purple, and may have had too much wine, cuz I went with the bronze finish. It looks regal, like a French prince!
I started to realize that they'd pull be mich better if I switched the colors with the other one.
So my question is, would it be possible to switch the metal frames or the bodies without sending it back to ProVape?

Any thoughts on that much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread