Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Interesting that during the 20% off sale there weren't too many standard 40 watt devices. Looks like plenty out there now. I love my Radius but feel that move was an attempted bait and switch on their part. I still may buy a second one before the end of the year. Perhaps next flash sale.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Spammin!!!

41a85468b93226d13c57dbdc9965e98f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Well the Black 40 watt one is back, I just checked my budget, I just can't do it. It might be possible at the end of the year. I am not sure work has slowed down a lot, and they have cut my hours. :(

I do have 12 Provari 2.5's though, so there is that! :)

KAS
There's only 4 of them (as of this post), so I bet they go pretty quickly. Odd that there's only that many available all of a sudden.

Reactions: AstroTurf

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, @climda, that's quite amazing.
I've only got two radius and never a burp from them.
That's a small number, and I recognize that other folks probably have had problems. But, that many failures in one home is amazing. Hope the last two work better for you.

thanks ;)

Actually I suspect that the reason Ive had so many problems is because I almost always buy them locally from the same two stores...not much choice here.I was told by Provape that the first radius came from a faulty batch...I kinda suspect all the ones from this same store here come from the same line, as stock doesnt sell too fast here and I always get the same error message with the same M.O.

I dunno,just an idea....?
....also based on the fact that the replacement Radius sent to me directly from Provape has been working strong for a year +.... :) It's the only one I havent had that " same old problem" with...?

So...We'll see how the new one I just purchased on sale from the provape site holds up ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
thanks ;)

Actually I suspect that the reason Ive had so many problems is because I almost always buy them locally from the same two stores...not much choice here.I was told by Provape that the first radius came from a faulty batch...I kinda suspect all the ones from this same store here come from the same line, as stock doesnt sell too fast here and I always get the same error message with the same M.O.

I dunno,just an idea....?
....also based on the fact that the replacement Radius sent to me directly from Provape has been working strong for a year +.... :) It's the only one I havent had that " same old problem" with...?

So...We'll see how the new one I just purchased on sale from the provape site holds up ;)
Sounds like that batch the store has was an early one that had some faulty capacitors in them. This was talked about in the first Radius thread.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I love the Radius and have bought several since it came out but im constantly having problems with them :(

.My last two died after 3 weeks and two+ months, right in the middle of a vape (had been vaping for about an hour at 10W with a Kabuki tank and 1.6ohm coil) I keep getting a N° 7 error message "output fault".It says to change atty and try again but the result is always the same... :(

I know Provape has GREAT customer service,Ive already sent my first one back almost a year ago and got a replacement.I havent gotten around to sending these two back yet ..In the meantime I bought ANOTHER one locally (im in Europe).

Somehow though I know Im soon going to have problems with this one too .

Its a shame, I love the Radius but it doesnt seem to be very reliable for me ?

I have three 2.5 's that are still going strong and three P3's, no problem there either.My P'3's are part of my daily rotation, same as the Radius'.

Yes, they have ALL been knocked over several times ... on a wood table (I have cats ;)! ) and fallen onto the floor too (me) ... BUT I have wall to wall carpeting and the fall has never been from more than max1 meter high...

I bought ANOTHER Radius yesterday during the sale on the Provape site but i think this is unfortunately gonna be it for me and IM going to have to look for a new N°1 Mod :(

I cant keep sending them back all the time even though the guys from CS are so fantastically helpful...

What makes me sick is I have several ISTICK 50W 's that have been dropped on the pavement gotten wet & really been through HELL ...BUT.....THEY are all still going strong after nearly two years !!:(
( I only use my Provari's inside/at home, I take the cheap Isticks with me when i go out)

I havent found a better vape than the smoothness of the Radius though, sure wish I had a better track record with it as I would have been SO content to just use the 40W model for the rest of my life ;) !!!
If I were in your shoes I'd probably be opening a ticket on those defective units.

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I found the post I was thinking about regarding the output fault 7 message:
Official ProVari Radius Thread

Yes, that's exactly it!

Provape CS told me just that when I returned the first one....

So disgraceful that the shops here should knowingly continue to sell the bad ones instead of sending them all back to Provape...But It's not surprising, that's the general level of customer respect you find here :(

I dont even deal with the stores now after the initial purchase, whenever I have a problem I just go straight to ProVape....

They dont sell many here, Im sure all of the units Ive purchased over the last year where from the same initial faulty batch.

Type 14

Jun 6, 2016
I'm a huge Provape fanboy. Have the Stealth Radius, P3 and a 2.5.

In Belgium as of 17 januari 2017 there will be a ban on internet sales for vaping gear/juice with nic. Since there is no Provape dealer in Belgium i'm kind of stuck... So I would like to buy another Radius (Onyx). But they are no longer available at Provape.com? Are they closing down due to FDA regulations? Or are they just out of stock?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I'm a huge Provape fanboy. Have the Stealth Radius, P3 and a 2.5.

In Belgium as of 17 januari 2017 there will be a ban on internet sales for vaping gear/juice with nic. Since there is no Provape dealer in Belgium i'm kind of stuck... So I would like to buy another Radius (Onyx). But they are no longer available at Provape.com? Are they closing down due to FDA regulations? Or are they just out of stock?
Well, pretty sure they're not closing down. As far as the FDA regulations go, wait and see how that ends up turning out. There's a new sheriff in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread