Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
VaporDNA E-Cigarette

"
vapordna, in collaboration with Suicide Bunny, is proud to announce the first annual Cloud Company Competition. C3 for short, is a high profile cloud competition sponsored by Suicide Bunny's new "Cloud Company" line

C3 Contest Details:
  • vapordna is proud to host one of seven regional competitions at the vapordna Flagship Store
  • The winner of our regional will advance to the C3 National Finals in Dallas, Texas on July 25th
  • This is an all travel expenses paid event with a chance to win a grand prize of $15,000 from Suicide Bunny!
  • The winner of the VaporDNA hosted region will also win $500 along with a variety of other prizes, with the 10 regional finalists also receiving prizes!"

$15000 grand prize?! Looks like this might get some media attention. For better or worse.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
not talking smack, but its kind of ironic that one of the main companies running it is 'suicide bunny', wonder what people will do and how hard they will push for that $15,000 though, kind of different from the typical 'just for fun cloud comps' at local B&M's.

It's just my opinion, but i don't think this is a very smart idea, especially at the position vaping is at right now. :yawn:

i was checking to see if they had any rules or safety measures in place.

they require you to use 1 battery, unregulated mod, and nothing lower than 0.1ohm resistance.

if im correct, 0.1ohm on a freshly charged battery at 4.2volts will draw 42 amps from the battery, which not a single 18650 on the market can handle a continuous draw of 42 amps :yawn: 26650 maybe? They should mention that at least if you are going that low you should use a 26650 but all they say is "single battery", could we use something like a car battery or some gigantic industrial battery? lol, and you know people aren't going to be pulsing inhales to win a cloud comp with $15,000 on the line.

"
C3 Contestant Rules:
  • Must be 18 years of age or older to participate and watch the event
  • Must be able to prove date of birth at initial sign-up and consequent events
  • Participation is free of charge
  • Must use Cloud Company liquid in a single-battery, non-regulated device
  • Must agree to be video recorded during the competition
  • Must be physically present at scheduled necessary events including, in the event of, the ability to be present at the National Finals.
  • Builds CANNOT be used that fall under 0.1 ohms (Will be verified at time of contest)
  • Contestant cannot be currently employed by VaporDNA, Suicide Bunny, Cloud Company, Wolfpack Wholesale, and any and all subsidiary companies in relation to."
rules are kind of vague and doesn't really mention any safety measures or actual specifics to the 'vaping' part of the event, seems so sloppily put together with just a big prize to garner popularity for the company.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Regulation this regulation that!
Some form of regulation is gonna happen regardless of when where why & how we vape. I don't get these posts that treat vaping like something we need to do in secret hence we bring attention upon ourselves! :eek:

These cloud comps have been taking place for an extremely long time. VaporDNA isn't the 1st nor last to offer prize $$$ of this magnitude!

Why showed vapers stop having fun based on all this doom & gloom regarding regulations?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Regulation this regulation that!
Some form of regulation is gonna happen regardless of when where why & how we vape. I don't get these posts that treat vaping like something we need to do in secret hence we bring attention upon ourselves! :eek:

These cloud comps have been taking place for an extremely long time. VaporDNA isn't the 1st nor last to offer prize $$$ of this magnitude!

Why showed vapers stop having fun based on all this doom & gloom regarding regulations?

? could you link previous cloud comps that gave $15,000 reward as prizes? lol, id be surprised. I know for a fact that other people who were neutral towards cloud comps, even high profile youtubers, were generally neutral just because they were low profile and didnt garner much attention. I have nothing against peoplke who like to blow big clouds, yet this environment seems to support actions of pushing your mods to the limits of dangerousness. $15k prize? With a $15k prize id expect something more well put together such as more well defined rules other than "use one battery", as well as guidelines for safety. This just screams for joe schmoe who knows nothing of battery safety to try and build the lowest ohm build he can on whatever battery and mech mod hes using at the moment...

so yeah, show me another competition that just gave 15 thousand dollars to a cloud comp winner, otherwise stop making false accusations in your replies just to cause drama.

Reactions: YoursTruli

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Do you ever really get 4.2v to the atty after voltage drop? I dont think so

well, even at 3.7v to the atty, it is still 37amps. which no 18650 is rated for still.

maybe its just me, but promoting an environment that tends towards dangerous high power vaping with a higher risk of harm doesnt really excite me or make me feel positive towards it. Regardless if they are having fun or not. I want to keep my rights to vape so I dont go back to smoking, I could care less about them as long as the general public doesn't look at them like they do now, and no, the general public aren't vapers. The general public of brainwashed by the media people are what we are going up against.

I'm just trying to think of this as an outsider:

"oh look a 'cloud competition' that rewards 15k$"
"I thought they vaped to quit smoking not to compete in contests and events for money"
"I heard vaping was dangerous and caused injury, now they are making it a spectacle event?"

hate me all you want, but as a vaper i understand the whole 'they are just having fun' type deal, but as an outsider this looks terrible, not to mention the contestant organizers give zero safety information or any kind of warning or guidelines.

Last edited:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
well, even at 3.7v to the atty, it is still 37amps. which no 18650 is rated for still.

maybe its just me, but promoting an environment that tends towards dangerous high power vaping with a higher risk of harm doesnt really excite me or make me feel positive towards it. Regardless if they are having fun or not. I want to keep my rights to vape so I dont go back to smoking, I could care less about them as long as the general public doesn't look at them like they do now, and no, the general public aren't vapers. The general public of brainwashed by the media people are what we are going up against.
I can fully agree that it opens the doors to unsafe vaping.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
? could you link previous cloud comps that gave $15,000 reward as prizes? lol, id be surprised. I know for a fact that other people who were neutral towards cloud comps, even high profile youtubers, were generally neutral just because they were low profile and didnt garner much attention. I have nothing against peoplke who like to blow big clouds, yet this environment seems to support actions of pushing your mods to the limits of dangerousness. $15k prize? With a $15k prize id expect something more well put together such as more well defined rules other than "use one battery", as well as guidelines for safety. This just screams for joe schmoe who knows nothing of battery safety to try and build the lowest ohm build he can on whatever battery and mech mod hes using at the moment...

so yeah, show me another competition that just gave 15 thousand dollars to a cloud comp winner, otherwise stop making false accusations in your replies just to cause drama.
what environment? the FDA is finalizing the deeming reg.'s as we speak.
as for these types of events there seems to be a tendency for stricter
rules and concerns for safety. in about 3-5 years there will be associations
and clubs with guidelines,safety courses,shop classes and dues. the whole nine
yards.not much different than any other risky hobby.
these things are not going away.they will be the first ones blowing
clouds in the faces of the authorities if and when overly harsh
regulations come down.
:2c:
regards
mike

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
what environment? the FDA is finalizing the deeming reg.'s as we speak.
as for these types of events there seems to be a tendency for stricter
rules and concerns for safety. in about 3-5 years there will be associations
and clubs with guidelines,safety courses,shop classes and dues. the whole nine
yards.not much different than any other risky hobby.
these things are not going away.they will be the first ones blowing
clouds in the faces of the authorities if and when overly harsh
regulations come down.
regards
mike

id like to think of our vaping community as all, well informed adults, responsible and such. truth is not everyone is responsible, not everyone does the research and not everyone cares. For every 1 vaper of us on ECF, there is probably like 100+ more out there. Countless B&M's out there that sell Mech mods, and these mech mods come with no instructions, neither do the batteries. Without the internet I would be completely clueless on vaping, because the only advice you get outside of the internet is just 'heresay'.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Im starting to regret posting this thread lmao. I should have taken my own advice. These kind of threads just turn into "why do you care so much? just let them do what they want" type deal. some of the usual threadcrashers already shown up with replies that have no data or information to back them up. go figure, maybe at the least it will give u threadcrashers some drama to enjoy for the day.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
id like to think of our vaping community as all, well informed adults, responsible and such. truth is not everyone is responsible, not everyone does the research and not everyone cares. For every 1 vaper of us on ECF, there is probably like 100+ more out there. Countless B&M's out there that sell Mech mods, and these mech mods come with no instructions, neither do the batteries. Without the internet I would be completely clueless on vaping, because the only advice you get outside of the internet is just 'heresay'.
And much of this I can & will agree with you on. ECF really is a tiny portion of the vaping community & cloud chasers are an even smaller segment but for some reason post on ECF act like cloud chaser are the absolute ruin to all things vaping.

I have a friend who when he started vaping, walked into a B/M which sold him a 40W box mod & subtank. He knew NOTHING about vaping but he did know he wanted to quit smoking.

If it weren't for the ECF, Google, & a gazillion other sites I wouldn't have the knowledge of vaping I have today.

The sad reality is not every vape shop should be in business because they're only after the sale!

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
don't get me wrong.there is nothing wrong with your
opinion as it concerns yourself and the way you choose
to behave.the problem lies in transforming your idea
of community which is an abstract concept into a real
world scenario.what works fine in theory and all that.
90% of us or more are responsible.not all B&M's are
irresponsible.they sell what they sell because its
what their customers want.there is always going
to be cases for lack of a better term,the blind leading
the blind.the uninformed buyer,the clueless seller.
the now infamous cloud chaser in the cereal isle.
some how we have managed to get this far.
as adults i would expect us to be both civil and
safe. i would expect those adults in charge of
governmental business to consider our needs over
the concerns for the 10 percenter's who will never
get it anyway.
unfortunately this prevailing attitude of we must
consider what "other" people think of what we
do or more precisely what "other people" are doing
trumps our right to quietly go about leading
our lives in the way we feel fit with out the nanny
state interference.
i believe this attitude is what allows the government
to be so intrusive.they have us worrying about what
other people are thinking and doing while they string
up the piano they are going to drop on all of us.
right now some where a battery is exploding,
there is a seller setting up some young no nothing
with a fuhatten,someone going down the cereal
isle belching clouds at gramma. in the big scheme
of things a mere speck of whats happening in the
daily vaping life of the community.just because
the ANTZ will blow this 1000 times out of proportion
to reality i will not.
i say so what. it is what it is and i can deal with it.
thanks for caring government but,we got this.
regards
mike

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
No I can't link it but Google it. The last one I'm aware of was 10K prize $$$.
As I said these are not new.

why cant you link it? you obviously know of some that had prizes this big, i want some proof? Or should I just take your replies as truth? I see you post a lot of things but never provide any information or use the excuse that "im too busy right now", or "im in the emergency room I cant be bothered to look up the link, do it yourself". If you cant even provide evidence to any of your claims then why post them in the first place, or why get mad when someone tries to argue your claim? I've done this a handful of times and the only reply you ever give me is that you are too busy or too occupied or you cant bother to look up the links, yet you can be bothered to reply to my threads? Honestly this is getting annoying because I have seen you do this everywhere then derail threads to the point of no return and just getting them locked... you constantly make outrageous claims or call people out then provide no evidence or proof and just turn it around on them like they are the one being the aggressor then continue to derail the thread with off topic discussion...

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
why cant you link it? you obviously know of some that had prizes this big, i want some proof? Or should I just take your replies as truth? I see you post a lot of things but never provide any information or use the excuse that "im too busy right now", or "im in the emergency room I cant be bothered to look up the link, do it yourself". If you cant even provide evidence to any of your claims then why post them in the first place, or why get mad when someone tries to argue your claim? I've done this a handful of times and the only reply you ever give me is that you are too busy or too occupied or you cant bother to look up the links, yet you can be bothered to reply to my threads? Honestly this is getting annoying because I have seen you do this everywhere then derail threads to the point of no return and just getting them locked... you constantly make outrageous claims or call people out then provide no evidence or proof and just turn it around on them like they are the one being the aggressor then continue to derail the thread with off topic discussion...

Found it. Seems uhhh.. Sloppy.

Also, it was not easy to find. Just wasted about 3 minutes Googling.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
don't get me wrong.there is nothing wrong with your
opinion as it concerns yourself and the way you choose
to behave.the problem lies in transforming your idea
of community which is an abstract concept into a real
world scenario.what works fine in theory and all that.
90% of us or more are responsible.not all B&M's are
not irresponsible.they sell what they sell because its
what their customers want.there is always going
to be cases for lack of a better term,the blind leading
the blind.the uninformed buyer,the clueless seller.
the now infamous cloud chaser in the cereal isle.
some how we have managed to get this far.
as adults i would expect us to be both civil and
safe. i would expect those adults in charge of
governmental business to consider our needs over
the concerns for the 10 percenter's who will never
get it anyway.
unfortunately this prevailing attitude of we must
consider what "other" people think of what we
do or more precisely what "other people" are doing
trumps our right to quietly go about leading
our lives in the way we feel fit with out the nanny
state interference.
i believe this attitude is what allows the government
to be so intrusive.they have us worrying about what
other people are thinking and doing while they string
up the piano they are going to drop on all of us.
right now some where a battery is exploding,
there is a seller setting up some young no nothing
with a fuhatten,someone going down the cereal
isle belching clouds at gramma. in the big scheme
of things a mere speck of whats happening in the
daily vaping life of the community.just because
the ANTZ will blow this 1000 times out of proportion
to reality i will not.
i say so what. it is what it is and i can deal with it.
thank for caring government but,we got this.
regards
mike

you have more faith in humanity than me my friend :lol: when I go out into public, all i see is people brainwashed by society, obsessed with instagram,facebook and twitter, socializing on their cell-phones rather than in person, priorities jumbled up beyond repair, would rather watch a television show about reality, then live reality. It just makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread