Oh snap, High Profile Cloud Competition with Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Found it. Seems uhhh.. Sloppy.

Also, it was not easy to find. Just wasted about 3 minutes Googling.

what even is that? lol, it says swf cloud con 2015, but being held oct30-nov1

but it is only 5-29 2015 right now? Was this held in the future?

their facebook leads to some strange page, that has nothing to do with vaping and heidi klum is there with underwear wix | Facebook

actually their website is just unprofessional and unusable. Found their facebook from google also: https://www.facebook.com/JooseJunkyz

that competition hasnt even taken place yet, its dated for october 30-nov1

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
what even is that? lol, it says swf cloud con 2015, but being held oct30-nov1

but it is only 5-29 2015 right now? Was this held in the future?

their facebook leads to some strange page, that has nothing to do with vaping and heidi klum is there with underwear wix | Facebook

Yeah I have no idea, I found it through a Facebook page where some guy was saying it'd be taking place July 12th.. Very weird.

I have no input on cloud competitions besides this: They're dumb. It's one thing to blow large clouds and be happy with the vapor production, it's another thing to make it into a contest for prizes, and make it into some kind of sport.

Like, remember when we used to have cigarette-smoking contests? Wait...

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I never was totally against cloud comps for fun, i mean its them having fun as long as theyre not smoking then whatever. But offering prizes such as real money u pwards of $15,000? If these kind of competitions are not handled in a proper way this promotes dangerous environments. $15,000 may not seem like a lot of money to some of you out there, but when you are broke and working minimum wage, I can see people doing crazy things. I would have been fine with it if the actual event organizers showed they have put a lot of thought into this, and used it as a stage to show how companies in the vape industry have it well thought out and with safety guidelines in place showing that we are responsible and can manage ourselves and dont need the FDA, using it as a place to promote safety for vaping, but when I looked up their guidelines and rules, it was just pitiful and made me sick, no mention of safety no mention of specifics nothing.

'Use one battery, use our juice, nothing lower than 0.1 ohms'

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
I never was totally against cloud comps for fun, i mean its them having fun as long as theyre not smoking then whatever. But offering prizes such as real money u pwards of $15,000? If these kind of competitions are not handled in a proper way this promotes dangerous environments. $15,000 may not seem like a lot of money to some of you out there, but when you are broke and working minimum wage, I can see people doing crazy things. I would have been fine with it if the actual event organizers showed they have put a lot of thought into this, and used it as a stage to show how companies in the vape industry have it well thought out and with safety guidelines in place, using it as a place to promote safety for vaping, but when I looked up their guidelines and rules, it was just pitiful and made me sick.

Also, and it's kind of a side note.. It never crossed anyone's mind how ironic it'd be if someone was seriously injured at a cloud competition hosted by.. "Suicide Bunny"..?

I will add that probably 99% of the competitors know what they're doing with batteries and builds, but there is that 1% who will ruin it for everyone else.

Hit ctrl+A and read my signature. :)

Reactions: joeybear

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
If it is something you do not agree with it is dumb.
People are brainwashed if they enjoy something differently.

I shouldn't have been so blunt, true. But I have reasons for thinking it's dumb, and I understand that people will disagree (and I'm open to some genuinely good reasons why cloud competitions should exist).

If the rules/safety precautions were better outlined (ie: requiring 26650 batteries) I'd have a bit of a different tone. In this case, it sounds like something the media can (and will) grab onto as part of their largely common fear-mongering scheme. I can see that putting a pretty sour taste in the public's mouth and surely influencing FDA regulation.

Now imagine the worst case scenario: Something happens, a mod blows up, and a 19 year old kid is injured. I think that'd basically put a nail in the coffin in the FDA's case against e-cigs.

Reactions: DC2

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
How about instead of using your own mod & batteries, the organizers set up some type of passthru device for the competitors to connect their atties to...?? This would level the field and then the "clouds" could be judged by what really should count; your building skills, not your mod.

It would also make it nice 'n safe for everyone. ;)

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
How about instead of using your own mod & batteries, the organizers set up some type of passthru device for the competitors to connect their atties to...?? This would level the field and then the "clouds" could be judged by what really should count; your building skills, not your mod.

It would also make it nice 'n safe for everyone. ;)

I agree with this idea. Beyond that, with a pass thru, they could take out the variables of nominal battery discharge/voltage drop through the mod. Set everyone up with a regulated 4.2V attached to their atomizer, and take it from there!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I agree with this idea. Beyond that, with a pass thru, they could take out the variables of nominal battery discharge/voltage drop through the mod. Set everyone up with a regulated 4.2V attached to their atomizer, and take it from there!

I like the pass-thru idea too. But 4.2V might possibly cause some problems. Those atty's will have been set up for use with batteries that are dropping to 3.7V or even a lot less. Cells run very hard, for their rating, can easily drop to 3.1-3.2V when firing. There could be some issues when at a steady 4.2V.

Getting all the participants to agree on a pass-thru voltage would be...umm...interesting.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I guess I do not understand taking something that has the potential to change and save so many lives and turning it into an extreme sport, it seems very counterproductive. Those that express this point of view have a legitimate concern that this sport may have a greater negative impact on those who vape for it's original intended purpose considering the way things seem to be going, it only makes sense not to want any bad light cast on something that is already in a precarious position. Once regulations are handed down the extremist will walk away and find some other fun look at me trend to follow leaving those who turned to vaping solely as a way to quit smoking and to stay off the cigs to deal with whatever happens. But... as so many of the extreme pro-cloud chasing crowd love to say during these discussions... follow the money if there is money to be made (like in this competition) it doesn't matter what others say it's going to happen anyways.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    why cant you link it? you obviously know of some that had prizes this big, i want some proof? Or should I just take your replies as truth? I see you post a lot of things but never provide any information or use the excuse that "im too busy right now", or "im in the emergency room I cant be bothered to look up the link, do it yourself". If you cant even provide evidence to any of your claims then why post them in the first place, or why get mad when someone tries to argue your claim? I've done this a handful of times and the only reply you ever give me is that you are too busy or too occupied or you cant bother to look up the links, yet you can be bothered to reply to my threads? Honestly this is getting annoying because I have seen you do this everywhere then derail threads to the point of no return and just getting them locked... you constantly make outrageous claims or call people out then provide no evidence or proof and just turn it around on them like they are the one being the aggressor then continue to derail the thread with off topic discussion...
    I don't sit on ECF around the clock & since you choose to be snarky it's clear you don't know me or my limitations which I'm totally fine with. If I say I'm in the ER then that's where I am. My mother was also in the hospital for 5 days. So yea.....I am too busy or too occupied.

Everything I've posted is readily available either here on ECF or a Google search AND there are so many people here who know me that I'm not too concerned what you think or feel about me!

Derail a thread.....? You're funny & I'm not understanding your need to come at me with both barrels cause I won't provide links for you.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    VaporDNA E-Cigarette

"
    VaporDNA, in collaboration with Suicide Bunny, is proud to announce the first annual Cloud Company Competition. C3 for short, is a high profile cloud competition sponsored by Suicide Bunny's new "Cloud Company" line

C3 Contest Details:
    • VaporDNA is proud to host one of seven regional competitions at the VaporDNA Flagship Store
    • The winner of our regional will advance to the C3 National Finals in Dallas, Texas on July 25th
    • This is an all travel expenses paid event with a chance to win a grand prize of $15,000 from Suicide Bunny!
    • The winner of the VaporDNA hosted region will also win $500 along with a variety of other prizes, with the 10 regional finalists also receiving prizes!"

$15000 grand prize?! Looks like this might get some media attention. For better or worse.
    Because of things like that one I do not support vaping industry and do not wish it good.
    It's all about hooking users on high consumption, high spending.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2014
    How do they judge these competitions? I have never been to one and don't understand how you could tell who's cloud is the biggest between two similarly sized clouds.

They usually have a big ruler and you blow your cloud with the ruler behind you. They judge by distance, density, and overall size of the cloud.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    I guess I do not understand taking something that has the potential to change and save so many lives and turning it into an extreme sport, it seems very counterproductive. Those that express this point of view have a legitimate concern that this sport may have a greater negative impact on those who vape for it's original intended purpose considering the way things seem to be going, it only makes sense not to want any bad light cast on something that is already in a precarious position. Once regulations are handed down the extremist will walk away and find some other fun look at me trend to follow leaving those who turned to vaping solely as a way to quit smoking and to stay off the cigs to deal with whatever happens. But... as so many of the extreme pro-cloud chasing crowd love to say during these discussions... follow the money if there is money to be made (like in this competition) it doesn't matter what others say it's going to happen anyways.

They said the same thing about the horseless carriage. Now look... all those people spoiling it for the rest of us with their nice wheels and tinted windows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread