FDA Ohio - Brown and 7 Other Senators Press FDA to Take Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
They are urging the FDA to get the deeming regulations in place.

Those deeming regulations extend far beyond what you think they do.
And most defintely WAY beyond just testing and manufacturing standards.

Who doesn't want the regulations to finally be posted? I'm tired of the what if threads and should I buy 6 55 gallon drums of nicotine threads and should I buy cotton and kanthal because they will be banned threads. Every month there is a new panic with nothing happening. The industry can't move forward if they don't know what the playing field will be. All of this is delaying ProVape from making a cigalike and tiny tanks...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
The subject of this thread is the letter sent by the same old crew.
Your post above directly conflicts with the stated intent an purpose of that letter.

The purpose of the letter is to urge the FDA and Administration to do something because it has been over a year since the 'deeming' began. And to include product standards. Who is against product standards?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They want testing and manufacturing standards. I don't see a problem with that...

You can have testing and standards, but that will take probably take years.

Who doesn't want the regulations to finally be posted? I'm tired of the what if threads and should I buy 6 55 gallon drums of nicotine threads and should I buy cotton and kanthal because they will be banned threads. Every month there is a new panic with nothing happening. The industry can't move forward if they don't know what the playing field will be. All of this is delaying ProVape from making a cigalike and tiny tanks...

Because they are doing testing and establishing industry standards?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You can have testing and standards, but that will take probably take years.

Because they are doing testing and establishing industry standards?

I think there should be an ISO standard for e-liquids. Not everyone should be forced have to have theirs certified, but it would be a standard which the professional e-liquid manufacturers would use and make it a lot easier to choose different vendors. One of the darlings on here recently released their numbers, which conflict with what they have been saying on their site since the beginning and it isn't 5P...

They are waiting for the 'deeming...' How can anyone go forward in the industry is one doesn't know the rules?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They are waiting for the 'deeming...' How can anyone go forward in the industry is one doesn't know the rules?

Don't know.

They've done fine for 7 years without any regulations. They can wait a bit longer, can't they? Another 7 years? :)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Don't know.

They've done fine for 7 years without any regulations. They can wait a bit longer, can't they? Another 7 years? :)

The longer the FDA waits, the more the states will act.
It's hard to invest a lot of money in something if one doesn't know if that will be a waste. What if somehow the FDA says 20 watts is it? Where does that leave everyone else? I know ProVape won't be able to make ProVari fast enough, though...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's hard to invest a lot of money in something if one doesn't know if that will be a waste. What if somehow the FDA says 20 watts is it? Where does that leave everyone else? I know ProVape won't be able to make ProVari fast enough, though...

I get that, but nothing will change overnight. Those things take time.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I wrote Mr. Brown a rather long email.

I did, too. Got an automated email back the next day, thanking me for contacting his office, and that was about it.

It's fine...I'll remember this next time you run for re-election, Sherrod..

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I can't vote anymore. Turns out in Ohio jury duty is tied to voter registration. I have been selected every year to go through the terrible process of calling every night to see if I have to wake up early so I can go to the courthouse and get out of jury duty, so when my voter registration renewal came I threw it away...

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
For the record, I would love to serve on a jury someday.
But it would have to wait until I retire.

It's really just a pipe dream anyway.
They never pick me, they just waste my entire day and then tell me to go home.

Same thing here, they seem to have something against opinionated business owners.

:D

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Jury duty, not so bad... even interesting sometimes.

Jury selection process sucks... badly.

And for anyone who doesn't know about Jury Nullification, please read up on it before you end up on a jury. We all know too well that the politicians aren't serving us, they are serving themselves and passing bad laws. Jury Nullification is an extremely important tool (the last line of defense) against bad laws.

This may become necessary to fight these bad vaping laws.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Those deeming regulations extend far beyond what you think they do.

I really don't understand why you work so hard to downplay everything.

The deeming regs are proposed, not necessarily what we will end up with.

I think Steve, like me, feels that over-reacting is a form of fear-mongering.

It is interesting that, when we talk about other aspects of vaping, like flavorings or mod safety, you will get accused of fear mongering (with very negative connotations) but if you fear monger about regulations, it's "okay".

I think some people, like Steve are just not into creating added anxiety to life about stuff that may or may not even happen, that's all.

Not sticking up for either of you, just saying that some people are very *reactive* and some people aren't. (One of my brothers is very reactive and he is pretty stressed out all the time. :) and many of the scenarios he worries about never come to pass.

It's good to be aware. It's good to keep abreast of things that affect you and to take proper political, social action where you can. But living in a constant state of fear and stress is not good. Not to mention the anger that it generates inside of you.

I believe in harm reduction......but not just with vaping!!! The spiritual, emotional, physiological and psychological apsects of life as well. Everyone has control over their thoughts. Talk to any doctor or psychologist and the mind-body connection is very important aspect of HEALTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread