Ohio Call to Action: Gov. Kasich’s Proposed Budget will impose a massive tax on vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Sent email to protest this tax - we've got another problem with Sherrod Brown. The guy is one of several Democratic senators who is trying to get MUCH tougher legislation against e-cigarettes at the Federal level.

And John Boehner actually stepped up and sent a letter to the new head of the FDA, asking that the grandfather clause for FDA approval of e-cigarette products be later than 2007. As it stands, a 2007 date would mean just about everything vape related would have to be submitted to the FDA for approval. From what I'm reading that's a really long, expensive process.

If the date is made at the same time the FDA regs are announced (what Boehner suggested), then only products released after 2015 would fall under the provision.

Long story short, it would help.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but all the politicians actively seeking to shoot vaping down are Democrats. All the politicians defending our right to vape are Republicans - and I'm a registered Democrat! I think it's time for a change...maybe those conservatives that have annoyed me ....less all these years have a point.

Getting tired of these so-called "liberals" that insist on telling me how to live my life.I apologize for the political rant, but I'm starting to get really worried. Not only for Ohioans, but for everybody in the U.S. who threw out their cigarettes and went with a healthier alternative. I'll shut up now. ;)

I think your last point is probably more relevant than you might realize, with the exception of saying "I'll shut up now.". You shouldn't "shut up" at all, but rather raise your voice as loud as it can go. If you want to continue to support your party of choice for their major agenda points, but you wholly disagree with some others, then the primaries are the place to start. Make sure these people understand how these issues affect you as a voter, and if they still get elected on the agenda you oppose, keep after them. The political process does not end the day after any election and it depends on people who care enough to speak up about important issues 24/7/365.

As for your framing of "liberals", I tend to agree. These people are not the liberals I grew up with in the 60's and 70's, and I really don't like the fact that they've claimed that title. The liberals I knew (the REAL liberals) were live-and-let-live people who cared deeply about civil rights (actual civil rights, not the PC BS), and distrusted government. They weren't wimpy and they participated in marches and demonstrations at the risk of being beaten by authorities. They changed the conversation at a time in our history when we needed to re-evaluate our direction as a country on certain fundamental points. Many of those that call themselves liberal these days are merely populists or progressives and really have no clue what the previous generations of liberals were all about.

Rant over. :)

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Preliminary reports is the proposed tax dead. Starts at about 31.5 minutes in.

The Ohio Channel | Media

31:42 - "...strikes proposed changes to electronic cigarette minimum pricing.." - what's that mean? Painter, did you watch the entire 53 and a half minutes? Did they say anything else?

Shoot - transcripts aren't ready yet!

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
31:42 - "...strikes proposed changes to electronic cigarette minimum pricing.." - what's that mean? Painter, did you watch the entire 53 and a half minutes? Did they say anything else?

Shoot - transcripts aren't ready yet!

Yes, I watched the entire thing and that was the only thing said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread