Ohm jumping on RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Hey everyone! I'm having trouble with my royal hunter min rda and sx mini m class mod right now with the ohms jumping. I used s plat 24g with 7 wraps dual coil and it read to be .3 ohms. When I wicked it and put it on my mod, it still read to be .3.

Then as the day went along, the ohms were jumping from .2-.4 range. Sometimes it would even say check atomizer or it allow me to fire, but the coils itself weren't firing. Is this a problem with the screws being too loose, or possibly the 510 pin? I have the screws pretty tight and the 510 pin is coming out just a bit.

Any suggestions?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It is not great but not crazy. Should vape fine with Kanthal.
To fix it you will likely have to remove your coils and remove the center pin screw and pull out the positive post and clean everything good and put it back together.
I have never done this on that atty but that is how it should work for dissassembly.
You might want to look for some vids on you tube about your atty.

Reactions: ZackM

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Also with that pin screw being loose make sure that the positive post has not rotated and might be shorting against a coil or a neg post sometimes. some will rotate with a loose center pin and some not.
Ok thanks for the help. I'll make sure everything is tight one last time tomorrow, and if that doesnt work, ill clean it good. Do you think its some juice that got on the screws and went into the posts from dripping?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ok thanks for the help. I'll make sure everything is tight one last time tomorrow, and if that doesnt work, ill clean it good. Do you think its some juice that got on the screws and went into the posts from dripping?
Maybe. Maybe some arcing where the screw was loose. Just clean it well and put it back together and go from there. Could also be a bit of corrosion or something on the center pin of the mod. clean well with a qtip and a bit of alcohol.

Is this a new mod? I am not familar with that one and it might just vary a bit in it's measurements. But if it has been stable before then likely a problem in the atty.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
an ohm variation,
especially during the course of a day or over a period of weeks,
of 0.1 ohms,
is not particularly unusual,
and does not make a difference or something like a 2 ohm coil like what I use;

but for low ohm coils of 0.2 to 0.3 ohms
you have to have all your connection points very clean and solidly contacting to prevent such variations.

Reactions: ZackM

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Maybe. Maybe some arcing where the screw was loose. Just clean it well and put it back together and go from there. Could also be a bit of corrosion or something on the center pin of the mod. clean well with a qtip and a bit of alcohol.
Ok, ill do that. I just got this rda and this is only the 3rd build on it where i washed it with warm water in between builds.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
an ohm variation,
especially during the course of a day or over a period of weeks,
of 0.1 ohms,
is not particularly unusual,
and does not make a difference or something like a 2 ohm coil like what I use;

but for low ohm coils of 0.2 to 0.3 ohms
you have to have all your connection points very clean and solidly contacting to prevent such variations.
Yea, ill make sure everything is tight in the morning, and if that doesn't work, ill clean it. Not sure how this is happening on a fairly new rda with cleaning in between builds, but oh well.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey

Is this a new mod? I am not familar with that one and it might just vary a bit in it's measurements. But if it has been stable before then likely a problem in the atty.
I've had it for about 10 months now, and the rda i've had for a month. The mod hasn't given me any problems with ohm reading. It has to be the rda

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey

I just took out the build, cleaned it, and put a new build in and made sure the screws were tight. The ohm is staying at 0.24, which is good. Now, the center post is wiggling a little from tightening it too much. Is this a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread