Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Wow, another question posted before I could get around to it. I've seen youtube vids of the little machine that is out of stock everywhere you look, I was looking at buying a multimeter but how exactly would you use it? Put the positive post to the coil, the negative post to the base, do you need to fire it on a battery? What if you made a boo-boo, then fire it on your battery and fry it? [I have a history of fried battery ego-t style.]

Thanks in advance!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
This is what i do - i used Vivi Nova tanks as an example - it's the same for them all.

"For a Nova i find this the easiest: set the meter to read Ohms at the lowest setting - a lot of meters have that at 200 on the dial, select that. Touch one probe to the outside of the threads on the nova tank and the other to the center pin in the middle of the threads. Note the reading.

If your meter does not self zero - and a lot don't - touch the probes together and note this reading. Subtract it from the one you got above"

T

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Excellent video, thanks for the responses! Now, the only multimeter that Lowe's had in stock was over $50, I don't need to spend that much do I? *edit, qorax I didn't see your response before posting this. I'm heading that way now!

And the package (FREE Shipping) came in 11-days. Beat that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread