Ohmega Alpha 30mm BFT Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgasnzolia

Jan 27, 2016
I called vaporworld to tell them the 22mm glass tank was not on there site and the find out if they knew where to buy one they told me that was a mistake took my address and send me 2 tanks for free great folks and i love this tank i run fused claptons 28g 316l x2 wraped with 34g Kanthal 7 wraps 1.8mm bit 0.15 ohms (contact coils) works great in tc on my dna200 using the 316l profile from steam engine

Reactions: MMW

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Just picked one of these up in stainless. What a MONSTER! :eek::D Looks pretty ridiculous on the VTC Mini. Much better on the Treebox, being a fatter mod. I already have some M3 grub screws on the way from Mr. Metric to replace the atrocious factory ones. I also find that filling through the top as intended causes a fair amount of juice to run out of the airflow holes, so I pull the bottom off and fill from there. Zero leaks now.:thumb:

DSC00035_zpsxrwnz0lv.jpg

DSC00038_zpsk7dzqgpj.jpg

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I really love this thing! :wub: So much so that I ordered two black ones and a bunch of spares kits to keep them running. Not only do I like the capacity, but the jumbo build deck is insanely cool, allowing the largest, craziest builds you'd care to throw on it (I also think it looks pretty cool). I messed around with the wicking a bit, in order to put more cotton in the channels, and now I can top fill as intended with only a drop or two of leakage out of the air holes, which is cool, since I felt like filling from the bottom was putting a lot of undue wear on the bottom gasket (and we Americans all know we now have to make these things last as long as possible :(:mad:).

Reactions: MMW

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
Just got my BFT yesterday. Had time to build for it today.
it took me a few tries to get the wicking worked out. Less is not more.

I love the capacity. Capacity id everything to me. I want to leave the house with my device. No extra juice or batteries. This actually lets me do that.
20160714_205722_zpsz27z02am.jpg

20160713_162710_zps20o63eab.jpg

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
I gotta work on the wicking. It's flooding every time I fill it.
I was having the same issue, what I've started doing that pretty much works 99% of the time, is to use a vape band to block the airflow off while filling. Then I'll invert the tank after filling and screwing it back together, set it on a paper towel for a few minutes top down, and then vape away.

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
Okay, hopefully someone is watching this thread, because I'm not sure how to tell which set screws I need. I searched for m3 x4 set screws based on another (now closed) thread, and this is what I got..
Results for "M3x4 set screws" | Fastenal
They all appear to be different lengths by the pictures, but no measurements in item descriptions that indicate what's different.
So, how do I know which one to get? Where's the length measurement that I'm apparently missing? Help please??

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay, hopefully someone is watching this thread, because I'm not sure how to tell which set screws I need. I searched for m3 x4 set screws based on another (now closed) thread, and this is what I got..
Results for "M3x4 set screws" | Fastenal
They all appear to be different lengths by the pictures, but no measurements in item descriptions that indicate what's different.
So, how do I know which one to get? Where's the length measurement that I'm apparently missing? Help please??

When someone says you need a M3x4 Screw, what they are telling you is the Thread Form of the screw you need is Metric and the Major Diameter of the Thread is 3mm. The Portion after the "x" tells you what Length of Thread the Screw has.

So M3x4 is a Metric Thread with a Diameter of 3mm which has a Length of Thread of 4mm.

In your link, the "0.5" in M3-0.5 x 4mm is the Pitch of the Thread. In Lay Terms, Pitch is How Fine or How Course a Thread is.
In more precise terms, Pitch means how many Threads are there per 1 Unit of Measured length. For Metric Threads, the Unit of Measured Length is 1mm. So a Pitch of 0.5 means the is 0.5 Threads for ever 1mm of Length.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, how do I know the length of the screws I need to order, and the length of the screws on the website?

I don't know what Length Screws you need?

But if it says M3-0.5 x 4mm in the website description, then the Length of Thread should/will be 4mm Long.

Do you have a Screw you could Measure? 4mm is Very Close to 5/32 of an Inch.

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
I did end up getting the grub screws, and they're better even than other hex keyed screws. The well is nice and deep so you get a positive connection with no pressure, making an ideal situation.

So, the problem I'm having now is that I can't find a replacement drip tip that doesn't cost as much as the tank itself did. I've found a 3d model online for printing, but I've yet to find someone with a 3d printer, though I'd gladly pay someone a reasonable cost for a few. Actually the only site I've found with them is vaporworld.biz but I really don't know if I can trust them, firstly. And secondly, they only have one and they want like $25+ for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread