Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Anyone have a suggestion for a 510 ohmmeter that will read the low resistance of Ni and Ti coils?
I'd like to screw my base to a 510 connector and build there. When done building, press a button and see what the resistance is.
I'm looking for a prebuilt box, no soldering, wiring, etc.

Thanks for any ideas.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
All of them will read low resistance. The big question remains, how precisely and accurately?

It's been said that the inexpensive box ohm meters are not that accurate to read sub ohms to the tenth/hundredth of an ohm, and only a recently calibrated Fluke digital multimeter could be trusted. Most of us don't own a $1000+ Fluke DMM.

Don't own one, but many recommend the USA Brand Ohm Reader.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Something else to think about...
Coil Master 521 Tab - Coil Master
Here is VapnFagan's review link.

Looks nice, but the specs from the Coil Master site say:
Resistance rate: As low to 0.2 ohm

But that seems to be the 'fire' rate, not the resistance reading limit.

Have to do more research on that one. I'm not sure the extra features are useful for me. I don't pulse my coils. Of course, that's now...

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Looks nice, but the specs from the Coil Master site say:
Resistance rate: As low to 0.2 ohm

But that seems to be the 'fire' rate, not the resistance reading limit.

Have to do more research on that one. I'm not sure the extra features are useful for me. I don't pulse my coils. Of course, that's now...
Yes - the 0.2Ω resistance is to fire the coil. I believe the review indicated lower resistance readings, but unable to fire a resistance lower than .2Ω.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
It is a preorder with shipping starting tomorrow. I have ordered one - was very happy with the DIY coiling kit....
I have one in the shopping cart, but when I was checking out, I notice the site is not encrypted, just plain text HTTP vs HTTPS
I don't send my CC info unencrypted. Too many problems even when a site is trying to be safe.
Guess I'll have to wait for a vendor to stock them.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have one in the shopping cart, but when I was checking out, I notice the site is not encrypted, just plain text HTTP vs HTTPS
I don't send my CC info unencrypted. Too many problems even when a site is trying to be safe.
Guess I'll have to wait for a vendor to stock them.

I noticed the same thing and used paypal.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I have to urge some caution on the USA obm readers. While I can't speak to thier accuracy... The durability is lacking. I've been through 3 of them, with and without the improved 510 connection, and I have a friend who's had 4 of them all fail on him. I would consider getting one of the 3d printed ones but the price is a bit high for my tastes. I always thought one of the perks to 3D printing was lowered expenses on a large scale..so the higher price is off putting. That coil master though looks really nice gonna have to hear some feedback on it.

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Coil master had some problem with the first batch of reader/firers. Apparently some atties don't read on the first batch. Their emails declare they are sending me a second free, I imagine those who ordered slightly later will simply get the second.

Honestly that's pretty cool, I'm not used to getting great service straight from China. Hopefully the quality turns out to be as good as the apparent service.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Maybe if they posted that on their website they'd have better luck with people who have had their payment taken and nothing shipped.
I email them last night asking for an update on my status.
I got this in reply:
"I'm sorry to have caused you so much inconvenience. As our partners have a holiday for three days, we will ship to you next week. I'm sorry to give you a delay.

Very very many apologies."

Then, 10 minutes later, another saying my order was being packaged. Another a bit later giving me tracking, and finally less than an hour after the initial email, one saying the order is complete. Hopefully, if what they told you was accurate, I will not get a defective unit.

Look, I have no problem with NOT ordering something that has a vague availability date. I ignore those all the time. It's when you put a date on when shipping will begin, then don't hit that date while giving any info on why that I have a problem with you.

For you, one story, for me another. Let's hope the device is a good one and that Coil Master learns how to handle heavy demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread