Ohms and sub ohms help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
So I have a rda that I'm not sure what the ohms are and I have a aspire cf sub ohm that's rated for .3 to 1 ohm. If the RDA is at a higher ohm than 1 is it safe to use on my aspire

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
first thing you need to do is buy a ohm reader boss, regardless if its safe or or not if it goes over 1ohm is the least of your worries or concerns..knowing your ohm rating is step 1 before even considering moving on to step 2 of finding the proper and safely using the equipment.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Does this mod have some kind of regulation for protection from shorts?

Will it not fire if the atty isn't in its resistance range?

If the answer to both of those is yes, it might be ok. But, I remember someone bricking his Cloupor Hana type mod a few months ago with a 0.3 ohm build. The mod was not supposed to fire anything below 0.5 ohm, but it did fire the atty, and then it was toast.

So you are proceeding at your own risk without knowing your resistance or if your build doesn't have a short.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Wasn"'t he the one that had to get skin grafts for his face? Gotta know what you are doing.

Thankfully, no :). He was just angry he ruined his mod and wanted to blame the vape shop for selling him the RDA. He didn't want to take any personal responsibility for not knowing his mod's specs. Now mind you, the mod shouldn't have fired, but it was a clone, not a real DNA30. And he shouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Reactions: WindyCityJoe

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Do you have a digital multimeter? You can use that, and it has many other uses, too. You can get one at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. Probably automotive parts stores have them, too. Then you wouldn't have to drive 60 miles.

I have one that's a little goofy. Let me see if I can get it to work better and you can have it (ohmmeter). I bought a better one a few months ago so its sitting in the box unused.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
If you are going to use a standard multimeter there are a few things you should know.

The test leads have resistance and you need to measure this by touching them together while the meter is set on the lowest Ohms measurement scale...mine read .1

Then if you measure by touching one lead to the 510 threads on the bottom of your rda and the other to the center post inside those threads and read .5 for example you need to subtract .1 from that reading to be accurate. (.5 - .1 = .4 actual) Not really critical if building above 1 ohm, but important if going sub ohm

Be sure to use the lowest scale available on your meter...on my two it's 200--yours may vary!

Reactions: roxynoodle

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
If you are going to use a standard multimeter there are a few things you should know.

The test leads have resistance and you need to measure this by touching them together while the meter is set on the lowest Ohms measurement scale...mine read .1

Then if you measure by touching one lead to the 510 threads on the bottom of your rda and the other to the center post inside those threads and read .5 for example you need to subtract .1 from that reading to be accurate. (.5 - .1 = .4 actual) Not really critical if building above 1 ohm, but important if going sub ohm

Be sure to use the lowest scale available on your meter...on my two it's 200--yours may vary!
It's easier to use the Delta Relative function if the meter has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread