Ohms meter on itaste vv fluctuating. Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
So it's probably time for a new battery...but tell me what you think first...

Yesterday I started noticing after a few puffs that I wasn't getting any vapor. I had a kanger evod clearomizer attached without the adapter (the guy who sold me my itaste vv and evod together didn't bother to tell me they weren't compatible without the adapter...by the time I found out, i'd already been using it for a few days so I said whatever - it worked great for me until yesterday, so 4 weeks or so).

No vapor, check ohms, ... 5.4???!!! Yeah... no. I read somewhere that once your ohms go up it's time for a new atomizer head...which I changed out. Ohms meter says the normal correct reading, and then I try to take a puff and nothing. Recheck meter, reading at over 5 again. Switch back to an old one just to test...same problem.

Frustratedly switched to my iclear 16... most definitely 510 threaded. Still reading at over 5. There is no way all my stuff crapped out at the same time, so I'm guessing it is my battery. Which I've only had for 6 weeks or so. The problem I'm forseeing is that my itaste has been rebranded as a marquee vaporizer...can I just take it back to the store and get a new one? Came from a b&m store that I've since stopped shopping at due to high prices and no clue what they are talking about.

Did I fry the battery because I didn't use the adapter with the evod? Mad at myself, but hey, the guy at the shop sold me them together. Jerk. :mad: Fiending on top of it all. :unsure:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Another case of overzealous screwing?

Are you screwing the devices on too tight? If you can't get the topper off in a single handed operation it's on too tight. That can result in the center post of the connector getting pushed down, resulting in contact problems, flaky resistance checks etc.

Also what version is this? The VV V3?

The center pin on the battery can be pulled up if this is what happened. Best tool to do it IMO is slant tweezers with nice, sharp edges. If you look straight down into the 510 connector the center post is surrounded by a rubber grommet. You want the tweezers to grab the post - not the grommet. Pull the post up the smallest bit and try the battery again. We're talkin' trying to pull the post up no more than a half millimeter. Don't overdo it.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
Another case of overzealous screwing?

Are you screwing the devices on too tight? If you can't get the topper off in a single handed operation it's on too tight. That can result in the center post of the connector getting pushed down, resulting in contact problems, flaky resistance checks etc.

Also what version is this? The VV V3?

The center pin on the battery can be pulled up if this is what happened. Best tool to do it IMO is slant tweezers with nice, sharp edges. If you look straight down into the 510 connector the center post is surrounded by a rubber grommet. You want the tweezers to grab the post - not the grommet. Pull the post up the smallest bit and try the battery again. We're talkin' trying to pull the post up no more than a half millimeter. Don't overdo it.

Yes, it is the v3. I really don't feel I've been overtighgtening...I usually have to keep screwing it in after a few tests because of reading about overtightening in the beginning. I did try the center pin thing, no luck yet but I'll keep tweaking it.

Shop was no help. Currently too frustrated to write about that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread