Ok, Hello to All out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
Well I know that just about all forums have their own culture, Kind of like visiting a country where the language & culture are different from your own, Same thing here I guess, not just with the forum itself but with EPV's (sorry if i'm wrong with the acronym). Found you good folks from Google search, and this looking for info on this new vape I just picked up today.

I have been smoking for not years but DECADES, and I'm getting tired of having the wife getting on my case every time she gets p'd off at me, and the gripping, moaning & groaning from the neighbors downstairs about the "Smell" of my smokes in the hallway, even though I'm hanging halfway out the 3rd Fl. window on the leeward side of the house. At least with these things I can stay warm & dry on Rainy or COLD or Snowy days ( ya know, This could be a GOOD thing).

Well, Having thusly said "HI" I will now depart and raid your FAQ's for the info I sneak, Fear thee not my good lords & ladies, I shal not deplete thee completely of thy knowledge, but just borrow copies of it for later perusal, Oh yeah, BTW, I'll be back from time to time to see whats happening, and put in my $2.00 worth (inflation you know, was $0.02 when I was a kid).

Take care and thanks for all the work to bring to, and help, newbies like me out, 3 cheers to & for all of you!!!

L8R

Cheetah

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
Hello and welcome to the forum Cheetah. Glad to have you here!:)

Here are some links to get you started on the forum.

1. New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
2. How to do ECF - Avitar / Post Pictures / Signature
3. How to Add Images / Videos
4. Setting and Profile Features
=====================================================
Hi Susan, thanks for the quick links, greatly appreciated!!

Still feeling my way around with things. I finally got in the iTaste vv3 I ordered from fasttech, those guys are great, like their selection (no advertising ment here), only problem i had was the shipping, not with them, but with Singapore Post & U.S.P.S., mostly Sing Post, THEY ARE THE BLOODY PITS!!! It took 14 days from the time I ordered the items till they got here, 10 days for Sing Post, and 4 days for U.S. Snail Mail to get it from San Fran to NJ. Somebody has to tell U.S.P.S. that not only do the Snails move faster if you feed them, but its animal cruelty not to feed them properly ( ;-) ). Sorry about the rant, but I just had to get this off my chest.

Started trying my hand at making my own juice, when I saw the prices for the constituent ingredients, (oh thank G_D for spell checkers right now... I'd look like a total fool w/o them) and the prices for the juice here in my local area (Northern NJ) and even on line prices, I said "Holy Cr__p, if I can make this stuff myself I can save BooKoo $" so I started looking for info, got a couple of books from Amazon, started web crawling, and price comparison, etc. Well long & short, I made up a 30 mi bottle (only 10 ml in it) the other day of LA cherry, not bad, I think (from subsequent experimentation) I used TOOOOOOOOO much cherry, also I got my % off slightly instead of making up a base of 51% I accidently made up a base of 60%, (ooops, no wonder I was feeling light headed, and was getting those headaches like I used to get when I'd be out on an all night pub crawl with my buds back in the day, Oh god I sound so BLOODY OLD right now, sorry bout that) but got that fixed, and after a few false starts (and a major fight with my wife) that sent me back hacking and wheezing (afterwards) to the analogs, I've been 48 hours w/o analogs, and that's the longest I've been w/o in decades!!!

OK, got to remember "puff control" wooo!

Well I've taken up enough of your time here, again, just wanted to say thanks.

L8R

Cheetah

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Cheetah - Be sure to visit the DIY E-Liquid sub-forum for everything you might want to know about mixing your own juice. You can learn a lot there that will probably save you making any mixing mistakes in the future. You can browse any time and once you get your five posts in you'll be able to ask questions. I've found it to be a big help in the eight months I've been DIYing.

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
Cheetah - Be sure to visit the DIY E-Liquid sub-forum for everything you might want to know about mixing your own juice. You can learn a lot there that will probably save you making any mixing mistakes in the future. You can browse any time and once you get your five posts in you'll be able to ask questions. I've found it to be a big help in the eight months I've been DIYing.

Kool, Tnx Larry, I'll do it, I can use all the help I can get, I come from the "More is better" school of thought, and, well the "Cherry" experiment DIDN'T EXACTLY turn out as I thought it would, but I've gotten A LITTLE better with the mixology on subsequent batches! :banana:. Tnx again, L8R

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Started trying my hand at making my own juice

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes: http*:*//e-liquid-recipes - (Remove *'s - forum automatically striped this link)
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes: http*:*//e-liquid-recipes - (Remove *'s - forum automatically striped this link)
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar
===============================================================================================

WOW, thanks Susan, that's allot of info, Holy Cow!!!!!
1) found FA & TFA's web sites, and have been hitting a dew of the DIY sites making a spread sheet with the most common flavors I've found there, spent half a day typing, sheesh! My poor fingers were tired and sore after that one!
2) found CAP yesterday (by accident)
3) found FW the other day but have not had a chance to explore it yet
4) DID NOT know abt IW, HS or VZ, (Thanks for those)
5) been looking @ kritikalmass
the other recipe sites are likewise new 2 me
checked out a few calculators recently and the one I like is "DIY Ejuice Calculator" it's simple, has a few flavorings, and DOES NOT force you to include an amount of PG into the recipe, the comercial juices I tried (3) had 30/70, 50/50, 70/30 (respectivly) PG/VG and I found that my chest wasn't feeling that great on the higher PG concentrations, that's the main reason that I decides to DIY, the higher VG concentration juices in this area were just soooo damned EXPENSIVE ($20+ for 30 ml bottle) I just couldn't justify in my head the $'s difference between juicing & analogs, so when I learned that that I could save BIG $ (I was injecting my own analogs with pre made tubes AND bulk "Bugler" tobacco) get what I needed THAT'S what made the decision to DIY a no brainer!

Now I just have to get used to taking a whole different set of equipment with me when I go out instead of the lighter & pack of analogs!

Tnx for giving me a whole lot of research info to chk out, it should keep me going for quite a few days :D.

L8R Guys
Cheetah

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
Welcome to ECF Cheetah :) and yeah there is nothing fast about fast tech lol, Happy Vaping!
Thanks Dextrose, nice 2 be here, and I just so thankful that everyone's so nice! looked at a few other forums (I won't say which, don't like to slander anyone) and they seemed so full of themselves, and were so intolerant of ANYONE who didn't think the way "THEY" thought and felt, OH GOD, HOW I CAN NOT STAND THAT GARBAGE :-x !!!!!
Well, ya, sorry, pet peeve :oops:.

Tnx again, L8R

Cheetah

Apr 8, 2015
Irvington, NJ
Welcome Cheetah, and congratulations on 48 hours! That's terrific! :)
Yeah, tnx, if it weren't for the stressor (fighting with my lady abt a dish drainboard placement and a few OTHER things) It would have been longer, I had to get out of the house for a while, & well I reached for the "Usual" equipment when I went out. Stupid, on a number of levels :oops:, but oh well, what ya going to do.

Take care
L8R
Cheetah

Reactions: Puff2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread