OK, let's cut the battery fanboy BS!

Discussion in 'Smoktech "Max" VV devices' started by desk1%, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. desk1%

desk1% Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I read a lot of conjecture on VV/VW devices, but I cannot find open source published technical documents. I'm an electrician and do not want to buy AW's based on fanboydom, I want hard technical data on the controller used. I find some threads that publish the max draw of the controller at 1 amp and others that seem to speculate that the battery needs to meet or exceed the amp rating of the controller, once again I want published technical data. Knowing how a majority of inverters, converters and rectifiers work I'm inclined to believe the 1 amp theory, but once again I'm skeptical of fanboy conjecture. As far as I know, any converter/rectifier will supply the declared voltage and cuttoff provided adequate/inadequate voltage. Am I missing something? Do ecig controllers function differently than any of the other DC devices I've installed in my electrical career?

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I hear what you are saying.

But what good is Technical Data about some Cell if a Buyer Can't even Know with Reasonable Certainty that what He/She is buying is Real or some Knock-Off?

Case in Point. Trustfire Batteries. What is a Trustfire Battery? And who is Supposed to be the OEM/OEM's of one?

The Joke for Years is that Trustfire has been Knocked-Off for So Long that there Isn't even a Real Trustfire being Sold and More. Just a Bunch of People with Silk Screening machines making Trustfire Wrappers and putting them on Anything they can get their Hands On.

Having a Bunch of Hard Core Data about a Product is Great. But it Only is Meaningful if the product on One's Hand is the Same as the One that the Data was Compiled from.

3. desk1%

desk1% Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was thinking along the lines of some salvaged 18350's out of the power pack of a 12 V Milwaukee, possibley B&D 8.5 or some new Samsung's. I'm not into questionable batteries but if I don't need an efest at 6.5 amps I don't want to lay out the money for them.

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What is the Price Difference.

Less that what you Spend Every Smoking Analogs?

5. 2ndChoice

2ndChoice Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Two EFEST V1 2000mAh 18650s cost me $16.50 shipped on Amazon from JETS BATTERY. One EFEST V2 2000mAh 18650 cost me $18± after tax locally. There you go. I use all three in rotation with my SMOKTECH SID. Since I Vape every hour one battery last me almost the whole day (11am-2am). Hope that helps. I will be buying an LG 35A IMR soon so these EFEST.may get used just for the SID and a few flash lights.

6. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Google candlepower forum. The flashlight folks do all sorts of draw test on differant batteries and most of their set-ups are pricer then a provari so they definately don't use batteries that might damage their equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.