Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I can't believe some of the responses here, 60 ml in 3 days? I vape dual coils @ .5ohms and barely go through 30ml a week! lol

That said my wife does use Boge carto tanks on a Provari, she does go through about 1 and a half F-16 carto tanks a day. All our juices are mixed by me, all the same base 18mg for her 10mg for me 15%/85% PG/VG. Very thick stuff and her cartos seem to last about 2-3 weeks, our flavors vary some sweet, some not so much it's really all over the place. But the cartos don't seen effected much at all they last quite a bit.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I use very high PG (85%) and my juice is clear and not sweet. It's menthol with a shot of koolada in it and a couple of drops of peppermint (miniscule: 9 drops in a 60ml. bottle). My flavor percentage to the PG/VG mix is about 5%. Yet I cannot get more than a few days out of a carto in a tank. I use 2ohm SC cartomizers, 3.5mg. nic. I average between 8 and 12 ml. a day. The tanks are basic tanks...nothing really fancy. The most I've ever gotten out of a carto in a tank is about 10 days...and that was like a miracle. I generally figure on about 2 days as being about the most I can count on. Once in a blue moon I can eke out 3 days. The carto will continue to work and isn't clogged or really "burnt" tasting; but the flavor will change and get kinda..blah. "Off" tasting. I can't stand that so I change it out.

So clear light juice with little sweetener isn't the magic bullet, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
That's because you use all or high PG, right? Mine last me a really long time too.

I don't use dark liquids with a lot of sweetners and very high PG and mine last forever.

hm,,,,I do tend to use 70PG/30VG,,,,,,,

I also absolutely love to vape and vape pretty much constantly when I'm awake (I don't work outside the home)

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I use very high PG (85%) and my juice is clear and not sweet. It's menthol with a shot of koolada in it and a couple of drops of peppermint (miniscule: 9 drops in a 60ml. bottle). My flavor percentage to the PG/VG mix is about 5%. Yet I cannot get more than a few days out of a carto in a tank. I use 2ohm SC cartomizers, 3.5mg. nic. I average between 8 and 12 ml. a day. The tanks are basic tanks...nothing really fancy. The most I've ever gotten out of a carto in a tank is about 10 days...and that was like a miracle. I generally figure on about 2 days as being about the most I can count on. Once in a blue moon I can eek out 3 days. The carto will continue to work and isn't clogged or really "burnt" tasting; but the flavor will change and get kinda..blah. "Off" tasting. I can't stand that so I change it out.

So clear light juice with little sweetener isn't the magic bullet, I'm pretty sure.

I don't know what to say. I've been filling cartos for 2 people for a few years and mine last twice as long as the ones that are tobacco, higher VG.

Edit: I don't vape anywhere near 8-12 ml a day, probably closer to 2ml (I vape higher nic) and switch between several pvs. That may be why.

AutumnBrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Grand Haven, mi
My smok flanged ones last at least 2 weeks with filler. The nickel ones I can't tell you yet. I am at week 3 of my most heavily used semi dark sweet liquid. No signs of slowing. I has never flooded. But none of the filler-less ones have yet. I am nice about how many volts I use on them. Depending on there ohms obviously. But if it seems toasted when I hit it once. I back right down. Nothing worse then burned filler.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Sir, we gave you the wrong carto.. You're not suppose to be able to drive across the country using less than 5 gallons of e-juice and still not have to fill up....

Oh!! Whoops.. sorry. wrong conspiracy thread...

I have cartos that have lasted a month.. same ones don't last the wife 2 weeks.. be glad!!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't try to make a carto last. If it's at all funky or not a good draw, I get rid of it because I love a fresh new carto.

I DIY most of my liquid, most single flavors- peach, pineapple, lemon, etc at about 80pg/20vg. I attributed it to that.
The high VG tobacco cartos- you can't even draw out of them after a few days.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
well, I know my daughter and I both change heads or cartos at different times,,,,,,,we use the same brand, but what she feels tastes YUCK is far longer than how I feel it tastes YUCK,,,,,,

maybe it's just another personal preference???? some taste buds are just more "picky" than others??

Yeah. I'm thinking that since I quit smoking I can REALLY taste things now, and have gotten awfully "picky". My daughter is staying with us for a few months while her husband is in officer school for the Army (it's a strained situation to say the least) and part of her "rent" is to cook the meals. She's my daughter and I love her...I taught her what I could about cooking...but much of the stuff she comes up with is, quite frankly, AWFUL. I notice taste and smells big time (smoke free over 2 years now). Maybe I'm just uber fussy about my juice which I DIY and am very particular about. I know when it's "off" and therefore am sensitive to it. Even an extra drop or two of something off the recipe and I WILL notice it. Strange.

I have been using mostly Boge from Surevapes for the past several months, but am going to try the Smok ones again and see if they do any better. Maybe something to do with the density of the filler or something. I have used Ikenvape cartos and they do work well..but still I only get about 3 days out of one. Not quite good enough in my mind for the higher price.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I also think power settings play a role in this. To low the carto gunks up, to high the carto burns. Since people taste things differently, the power setting that's right for one person is all wrong for another. Thus two people will get different results.

But I still say that the only way I could go through 60ml in three days would be to spill it in my lap.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
    Senior Moderator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2011
    I also think power settings play a role in this. To low the carto gunks up, to high the carto burns. Since people taste things differently, the power setting that's right for one person is all wrong for another. Thus two people will get different results.

I also think if your vaping 8-12 mg of liquid through a carto a day, those coils are going to get hot and burn the filler or the heat will gunk up the coils.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    You may have a point there tj99959. I use 2ohm cartos in my mechanicals and my eGo type PVs (yes, I'm "rediscovering" the joys of the simple eGo). The volts for the mechs vary of course from 4.1 on down as as the battery depletes. For the eGo style or regulated PVs it runs around 3.3 under load. I have some VV/VW PVs and use 3ohm for them...setting the voltage at around 3.7 to rarely more than 4 volts.

I like a cool vape!

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    Virginia
    I go through 3-5mil per day. I use a 2.0ohm boge in a tank filled with 70pg/30vg HHV Huntsman almost exclusively. It sits atop a sigelei V3 or a Kick 2 set at 12.5-13 watts. Some cartos last 3 days some last 15. Longevity is one of the most inconsistent aspects of cartos. I find this to be true will all brands of cartos I've tried.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread