• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Okie Vapers-a call to action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oklahoma-law-approved-sales-minors-taxes.html

Our illustrious Senate has passed SB 802,a bill regulating and taxing e-cigs in Oklahoma sponsored by RJ Reynolds. The law appears to:

1) Limit the sales of e-cigs to minors. Vendors are doing that voluntarily, but okay.

2) Put a tax of $1.33 for roughly every 30 ml of ejuice.

3) Require dealers, vendors, manufacturers and importers of ejuice to pay a $250 permit fee every year and a $30 licensing fee every three years. A dealer by definition of the law includes a person who imports vapor products for use or consumption in Oklahoma.

If the House passes the Bill, it will become law. To find out who your state representative is, use this link:

Find My Legislator

Concerned citizen vapers in the OKC metro area are gathering Sunday, March 17 at 6pm at Evapes, 1111 S. Council in Oklahoma City. Show up, lend your support and help the cause!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
You know... it makes you wonder how they are going to justify the tax ( if any ). With cigarettes and other tobacco's they claim the tax is to help offset the additional medical and other costs incurred from the cancer and other issues... With ejuices they don't have those reasons to fall back on since there are no known health risks.

This may be something we want to look into and find out which Senator's are the ones that voted for the bill and make certain they don't get another term. I have no issue with the law concerning minors... its the additional taxes that are in question in my mind.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
The current legislature is beyond ludicrous! They have to find a way to make up for the tax cut they gave to the upper class. What better way to do it than by creating a new tax for the working people? The last few times I've been to VaporKings they have been very busy, and a lot of new stores are opening up in the area. Apparently, vaping has caught on here in Oklahoma. Our legislature has taken notice and has decided this would be a good opportunity to create a new tax.

Krabill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Tulsa
www.designatedvaping.com
You know... it makes you wonder how they are going to justify the tax ( if any ). With cigarettes and other tobacco's they claim the tax is to help offset the additional medical and other costs incurred from the cancer and other issues... With ejuices they don't have those reasons to fall back on since there are no known health risks.

This may be something we want to look into and find out which Senator's are the ones that voted for the bill and make certain they don't get another term. I have no issue with the law concerning minors... its the additional taxes that are in question in my mind.

My thoughts exactly. They are already collecting sales tax on everything and there are no medical costs to offset with e-cigs. If anything, they are reducing health care costs.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
The current legislature is beyond ludicrous! They have to find a way to make up for the tax cut they gave to the upper class. What better way to do it than by creating a new tax for the working people? The last few times I've been to VaporKings they have been very busy, and a lot of new stores are opening up in the area. Apparently, vaping has caught on here in Oklahoma. Our legislature has taken notice and has decided this would be a good opportunity to create a new tax.

A tax is one thing. But besides regulating sales, licensing and taxing vendors and adding a mini sin tax to ejuice, it looks like the primary intent of the new law is to make it all but impossible for anyone but big tobacco companies to distribute ejuice.

Krabill, when and where is that hearing to be held on Tuesday?

Last edited:

e23slack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Norman,Oklahoma
Last edited:

thevapepastor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Oklahoma City
www.thevaporhut.com
TIME TO RALLY!!!

The Public Health Committee will be hearing SB802 and we need to be there to show our opposition!

We need as many vapers as possible to meet in front of the capital on Tuesday, April 9th at 12:30pm!!! Please make every effort to be there!

We will meet in front of the main steps. Bring a sign that says "Oppose SB802" if you can.

The media, vapers everywhere and the tobacco companies will be watching. Let's show them that we are here to stay!

The Capitol Building is located at 2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread