Old, old, old as the mountains carto filling poll (but not so old as to be ignored!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm reaching way back to the days before tanks and clearos became all the rage. I still have a bunch of plain old boge cartos; and I still ponder to condom-fill or open that drawer of syringes?? I know, I know, one of the great questions of our time. But I can't be alone, here. I'd love to get a poll going (though I'm too lazy to scroll and scroll, and it's probably already been done), what is your preferred way of getting those old cartos quickly juiced up??

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Thanks for even responding to an admittedly pretty lame poll thread. I've had piss poor luck with tanks. I'm intimidated punching my own. What's a good (mechanically-challenged) user-friendly carto-puncher I should buy? God, I love this nic-fit forum!

Just got this recently and I love it!! Cartomizer Puncher

You don't want to know how I punched holes before getting this lol

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
I normally stick a tooth pick in the bottom hole and just dump juice in. Keep doing that until it was saturated. Then drip to keep moist as needed. I have never been to stringent with the juice, so it didn't bother me to lose a couple drops here and there.

I have been using carto tanks/boges for about a year now and I do the "block the bottom and suck" fill on these. The only way I found that almost completely gets rid of the burnt carto from not being wet. I do it this way and am vaping in less than 30 seconds.

Since my main PV is an altoids mod with the extended connector, I can just slip the tank down to the mod, suck for about 2 seconds to wet the carto and slip the tank back up and go. Works awesome.

Brew

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I exclusively use bottom coil cartomizers. At first i prefer dripping into the carto. After several uses i use a syringe down the wall, or if the filler is loose enough, down into the filler or a combination, then top off with 2 drops. If i need to use a carto that has had an awful lot of use i just put two drop in the wrong end, letting the first soak in before adding the second. i think the condom method is sloppy and wasteful but i usually put a condom on before filling as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread