Old, old, old as the mountains carto filling poll (but not so old as to be ignored!)

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Slithytoves, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Slithytoves

Slithytoves Full Member

Hi. I'm reaching way back to the days before tanks and clearos became all the rage. I still have a bunch of plain old boge cartos; and I still ponder to condom-fill or open that drawer of syringes?? I know, I know, one of the great questions of our time. But I can't be alone, here. I'd love to get a poll going (though I'm too lazy to scroll and scroll, and it's probably already been done), what is your preferred way of getting those old cartos quickly juiced up??

2. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Condom fill for first fill, drip for refills

3. V8inDamma

V8inDamma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I like to do the same as Loveridden. I feel it takes the guess work out of it.

4. BlueSnake

BlueSnake Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Syringe fill punched Boges and put in carto tank.

5. francky5591

francky5591 Full Member Verified Member

Just like my above neighbour : I punch a couple of holes in them and fill them up with a needle tipped bottle, use them in carto-tanks. :)

6. Slithytoves

Slithytoves Full Member

Thanks for even responding to an admittedly pretty lame poll thread. I've had piss poor luck with tanks. I'm intimidated punching my own. What's a good (mechanically-challenged) user-friendly carto-puncher I should buy? God, I love this nic-fit forum!

7. BoiseMike

BoiseMike Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't punch a little hole in my Boges. I use my Dremel and cut 2 big gashes on the bottom where a hole would be. They create so much vapor that I didn't think a little hole would be adequate. They still don't flood.

8. Loveridden

Loveridden Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just got this recently and I love it!! Cartomizer Puncher

You don't want to know how I punched holes before getting this lol

9. subversive

subversive Super Member ECF Veteran

I condom-fill and then drip.

10. DaveNC

DaveNC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

For thinner juices I just drip, drip, drip into the top. If the juice is thicker and looks like it's not getting absorbed into the filler material good then I'll use the condom method for the initial fill and then keep topping it off by dripping.

11. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I normally stick a tooth pick in the bottom hole and just dump juice in. Keep doing that until it was saturated. Then drip to keep moist as needed. I have never been to stringent with the juice, so it didn't bother me to lose a couple drops here and there.

I have been using carto tanks/boges for about a year now and I do the "block the bottom and suck" fill on these. The only way I found that almost completely gets rid of the burnt carto from not being wet. I do it this way and am vaping in less than 30 seconds.

Since my main PV is an altoids mod with the extended connector, I can just slip the tank down to the mod, suck for about 2 seconds to wet the carto and slip the tank back up and go. Works awesome.

Brew

12. IndyJones

IndyJones Super Member ECF Veteran

I exclusively use bottom coil cartomizers. At first i prefer dripping into the carto. After several uses i use a syringe down the wall, or if the filler is loose enough, down into the filler or a combination, then top off with 2 drops. If i need to use a carto that has had an awful lot of use i just put two drop in the wrong end, letting the first soak in before adding the second. i think the condom method is sloppy and wasteful but i usually put a condom on before filling as above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.