Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Put aside the TC device and cleaned up and rebuilt the kraken today, dual spaced coils ohmed out at .8 with steel rope wicks-lush vape with the airflow about half way open.

Sometimes it feels good to just take a step back!

1RmPmbz.jpg

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I'm not into TC at all but i like my vape regulated. However yesterday i went for my Cobra and mounted it on 69. .8 Ohm and the magic is still there. Not sure why, but one can tell the difference in vape. Mech is making all my vape smoother, no matter how i set up power output on my regulated, it is never that smooth...

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Some tanks just don't look right on a regulated device IMO. I'm not sure that a mech gives a smoother vape experience but I seem to use them a lot still at home. Out and about I like a regulated box mod and worry less if anything should happen to it since they are relatively cheap to replace. Same deal for tanks. Peace of mind is priceless:)

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I'm quite opposite here. I always carry one mech and couple spare batteries in my bag since i'm working outside in all kinds of weather conditions. I do use regulated, but having couple of them died on me due to the moisture i figured the only way to be absolutely sure that i won't be left high and dry is with spare mech :)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Interesting @milandjikic hehe, well I can definitely relate to your situation and know many folks here prefer a mech for the same reason as you do. I only have some rather pricey mechs left in my collection and would feel horrible if I lost or dropped one so that is why I don't take them to work anymore.
Is this like your Genny?
ImcWBPh.png

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Exactly :) Tried to get authentic Nextgen but they are dissapearing too fast. Other than that i have Silver Fox, which is more for quick in and outs due to 14500 batts. Excellent flavor but battery life is horrible. Tried to carry it one day at work, had to change 6 batteries to get me trough the day. Brutal :D Rest are cheap clones or not to carry out :)

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I've been old school all along since I started vaping. Nothing but mechs and gennies. Still quite happy with that after 3 years.

Nice:laugh:, got any pics to share of what you are using?
'old school' is very relative term in this instance...I only quit 2 yrs ago and this equipment I foresee lasting many more years to come!
There is just so much gong on currently with choices of equipment and many feel they need to keep up with it. I use a lot of different gear but still am perfectly happy with gennies and looking to buy just one more..Origen v2 from a FB group (authentic). Just chasing flavor as usual:thumbs:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Exactly :) Tried to get authentic Nextgen but they are dissapearing too fast. Other than that i have Silver Fox, which is more for quick in and outs due to 14500 batts. Excellent flavor but battery life is horrible. Tried to carry it one day at work, had to change 6 batteries to get me trough the day. Brutal :D Rest are cheap clones or not to carry out :)

Hey, I carry three Poldiacs with Krakens and DID's on them, along with 40ml of juice and 8 Sony VTC 4 18650's to work with me. I work 18-22 hour shifts driving, and I can't be messing about with anything less than 18650's. I've never used more than 5 of them, but ya never know, I could easily end up on the road for 24+ hours at this job.

Interesting that mechs give a smoother vape than regulated mods, I'd never heard that before, but it doesn't surprise me. Having never used a regulated mod I can't speak to that from experience. RE: keeping up with technology, I don't see the need when what I've had all along is still making me happy :)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ooh lovely pic, thank you for posting all your shiny's though they do dull when not in front of the lens, haha!
Liking your choice of drip tips also:)
Those are some long shifts you do, I can see why you'd need to carry plenty of back ups for your back ups:eek:

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey, I carry three Poldiacs with Krakens and DID's on them, along with 40ml of juice and 8 Sony VTC 4 18650's to work with me. I work 18-22 hour shifts driving, and I can't be messing about with anything less than 18650's. I've never used more than 5 of them, but ya never know, I could easily end up on the road for 24+ hours at this job.

Interesting that mechs give a smoother vape than regulated mods, I'd never heard that before, but it doesn't surprise me. Having never used a regulated mod I can't speak to that from experience. RE: keeping up with technology, I don't see the need when what I've had all along is still making me happy :)
That's the thing, i can't carry that much. I'm on construction and to carry that much of equipment would require one more bag and i'm kinda stuffed even the way i am. One bag for spare warm clothes in case anything goes wrong on rainy day, or i get into troubles with my concrete pump, and another bag for my water, cofee and lunch.
I love mechs and i use them frequently when i'm home or visiting someone, but when i go to work, i carry one mech with one battery as a spare and an Evic VT with Taifun GT assembled with mesh, or a Nextgen...

Tried bunch of regulated devices but mech is always smoother :)

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
That's the thing, i can't carry that much. I'm on construction and to carry that much of equipment would require one more bag and i'm kinda stuffed even the way i am. One bag for spare warm clothes in case anything goes wrong on rainy day, or i get into troubles with my concrete pump, and another bag for my water, cofee and lunch.
I love mechs and i use them frequently when i'm home or visiting someone, but when i go to work, i carry one mech with one battery as a spare and an Evic VT with Taifun GT assembled with mesh, or a Nextgen...

Yeah, my job is driving, so a lot different than yours. I can get away with things you can't it seems. I have two mechs with gennies on my belt in a pouch with a battery voltage checker, another mech/gennie in my purse side pocket, juice and batteries in my purse too. Construction is a whole different game from what I do. That could be rough on vapes, and if I were doing that I'd have a dedicated beater.

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013

I don't know wat hardware brands are carried up there in The Land Of Gr8 Hockey and Nanaimo bars, but i was shopping at Home Depot tonite, and checking out, near drill bits and c clamps 'Husky' toolbags and boxes. These pouches, and bags with pockets and D rings to attach to your belt look awesome to carry things, like tools and VAPES!!!

Reactions: milandjikic

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I'm a concrete pump operator, so it is a truck but most of my da is on some construction site. Sometimes it's couple hours of driving to get to site and maybe 2 hours of work, and sometimes it's 20 minutes drive and then 22 hours working. While i'm working my hands are occupied wit remote controls. The pump it self costs around 2 million usd and the end hose can easily kill someone if youre not at full concetration at all times since the pressure inside the lines can reach up to 350 Bar. At that pressure if you get a plug in lines and don't react in time, concrete can get so pressurised it actually can penetrate trough the human skull. So i don't have time to change batteries in mech and so on. I use regulated with big integrated batteries or a mod with dual 18650 so i know i can run at least 24hrs non stop and not run out of batteries. If it happens to run out of them, i have to stop everything and that costs money. Usually there's at least 20 people on the pour, around 12-14 concrete placers and the rest of them are on the pour watch, safety etc. If i stop, they stop, and since we are all paid by the hour i have to make sure noone is ever stopping because of me, otherwise our contractor might report me to my supervisor for unnecessary stopping and then i have to answer questions that i don't like to be asked in the first place ;) That's why i like regulated when i go off to work :) They eventually all die on me (well, so far all but SX mini he's still strong after almost a full year) but that's ok. I'm counting on that, and that's why i carry a backup. My backup is usually 69 in 18650 config and on top of it sits something with 18mg although i'm on 6mg for adv. I'm always supplied with something at 18, so i get almost a full day out of that one 18650 battery. One or 2 pulls and i'm good for next half hour or even more at 18mg :) But i couldn't carry 4 mods with me together with 4,5 or 6 batts. That's just too much...

Oh and belt, well, i have to be extremely mobile, and i allready have a belt from remote controls, so that's a no go :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Yeah, i know what you mean. Kinda. I don't work with potentially deadly machinery n-at. My work involves stuff like MRSA, VRE, molecular testing, and microscopes. Did i forget to mention 'flesh-eating strep'??
I can't even drink water while im on the bench.

I have listed, on my fb page, occupation 'Exotic Dancer at Sheetz'--our local gas-station. After the whole anthrax scare in 2001, i quit telling people wat i did for a living.

I can take cat-naps when i'm on the microscope ;)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Put aside the TC device and cleaned up and rebuilt the kraken today, dual spaced coils ohmed out at .8 with steel rope wicks-lush vape with the airflow about half way open.

Sometimes it feels good to just take a step back!

1RmPmbz.jpg
Beautiful setup, that!

My Kraken is built to .5. Love it...

I have a Steam Turbine built to 2.4 on my Innokin Coolfire 1, and a Gamma built to 1.8 on my Innokin SVD 1.

I speak fluent old school!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Beautiful setup, that!

My Kraken is built to .5. Love it...

I have a Steam Turbine built to 2.4 on my Innokin Coolfire 1, and a Gamma built to 1.8 on my Innokin SVD 1.

I speak fluent old school!

Indeed you do @Shawn Hoefer hehe! BTW, congrats on winning a suitcase mod bud!
I am building again on the Kraken today and will be aiming for around .5 or a little higher..are you running that on a mech? 30 watts is fairly high powered for me! I also have the Origenny and have that on my Coolfire 1 at 2.4 also Lol
Old school rules:party:

Last edited:
Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The kraken (my authentic at least), besides being a well conceived device, has given me great issue when trying to clean or replace the o-rings on afc top cap. It will not budge more than a mil or so using extreme pressure pushing a tooth brush handle up the inside I have to hit it then with somethink hammerish.

This has resulted in some prying attempts with knives and other flat blades resulting in some minor scratch's as you can see in the opening image on close inspection.

Anyone else had the same problem getting it off or do you never bother @Vaslovik ?

I had enough yesterday and set about it with a passion, ended up overhauling the entire device. Changed the tolerances, o rings and refinished the aesthetic.

before:
1RmPmbzh.jpg

After:
nFVtrpj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread