Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Guys have been looking for the space after the period for centuries.... :laugh:

David .. the coffee had not quite kicked in fully, so I sat here and stared at the post for about a minute thinking .. Whaaaattttt .. ?? Then, I finally got it .. zing ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Sentimental, perhaps. Goofy, not a chance, and I live to be a goofball so I should know. I have a very old, sorta beat up ego style battery that our dear mr. :tumble: sent me when I first started out, and first started coming to the thread. I had a very bad day having broken one of my two ego batts, everything was going wrong, nothing tasted good, I had nothing else at the time and was freaking out over what I'd vape while it charged, or if the second one broke etc. and I had a major meltdown which some of y'all may remember. lol I got a pm saying he had a bunch of stuff he'd never use, and would be happy to send one of them to me. A couple days later it arrived in the mail. I look at it often, and of course will never get rid of it.

Deb, I too have a couple of pieces of Tumbleweed memorabilia that continue to remind me of him .. and the story of how I got them .. :)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I've always wanted to go to a Ren fair but have never made it. Didn't get to the Houston one the many years I lived in Galveston. The Waxahachie one isn't too far from me, but have never been to that one either. Glad you were able to get out and that you had a great time!!

You?? Never!! Pshaw, don't believe it for a second! hehehe But you certainly wouldn't fit in. No such thing as an honest politician anymore. If you are honest you won't get elected, and if you do by some miracle, they'll either force you into corruption, or they'll cook up some scandal to get rid of you.

Sentimental, perhaps. Goofy, not a chance, and I live to be a goofball so I should know. I have a very old, sorta beat up ego style battery that our dear mr. :tumble: sent me when I first started out, and first started coming to the thread. I had a very bad day having broken one of my two ego batts, everything was going wrong, nothing tasted good, I had nothing else at the time and was freaking out over what I'd vape while it charged, or if the second one broke etc. and I had a major meltdown which some of y'all may remember. lol I got a pm saying he had a bunch of stuff he'd never use, and would be happy to send one of them to me. A couple days later it arrived in the mail. I look at it often, and of course will never get rid of it.

As long as your side works! lol I wish Neurontin would help me sleep. I react oddly to a lot of meds. Things that make most people loopy do nothing to me, and things I'm told I should be fine with, knock me out or I end up being allergic to, like most antibiotics. Out of many I've tried, have only found 2 so far that I can keep down.

I like this one too. But I've still gotta go with Shirley Maclaine's character, Ouiser, in Steel Magnolia's....... I'm not crazy M'lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!!

Oh, and I reckin I got too carried away with editing my quotes and deleted it, but.........they have a blood test for menopause?? Not really sure why that surprised me so much once I think about it, but it did.

I take the Gralise brand of gabapentin and it made me goofy too. Doc cut back the amount I was taking and it works great with very little side effects

Looking for something new that I like. Watch this space for new wit, halfwit, nitwit...

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah...I'm having shrimp for dinner! Got a friend who brought me a couple of pounds of 16-20 count shrimp that were in the ocean this morning. Gonna steam em up and peel and eat with some butter and cocktail sauce. Mmmmmm good! Love them especially fresh never frozen. It's amazing cause when I was a little kid the only way I would eat them is batter fried. Not anymore but please, please don't forget the hushy puppies!

Looking for something new that I like. Watch this space for new wit, halfwit, nitwit...

Last edited:

sushigirl

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Podunk, Texas
For carry on we take PV's and the just under maximum amount of ejuice (liquid) allowed for each of us. I do 'just under' in case some day I get a picky TSA person that includes the juice in my toppers along w/ the juice in the bottles when considering how much I'm taking through the check-in process.

Have you had the toppers leak when they have juice in them? I haven't flown with vaping equipment, but I heard that toppers will leak and that it's best to take empty toppers and fill 'em when you land.

Iffy ~ How are you and your bride? You mentioned having a rough time and I haven't seen you post very much lately. Hope all is well!!!

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Gary, so sorry to hear about your dog. I do hope things work out for him.

Wow! The dictation program is built into Kindle?! Fantastic!

Good morning, amoret!

Yeah, I have an HDX, more a tablet than just a reader, and they just upgraded the operating system. I don't know if they had it before and it was just hidden (or this old piece of warmware just missed it) but it is now a really obvious microphone icon on the keyboard screen. I ended up staying up way later than even my usual just to keep playing with it. It didn't need any learning time, and it works pretty much all the way down to a mumbling whisper.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks, Matt. Well surgery will run around 2k and he'll have to stay in a crate for 90 days. Really sucks how you get so attached to them. The other one wants to keep cuddling up to him.

Well, we do get really attached. And both ways, of course. They are family.

I've had cats live with me for 19 years, have one at 14 who gets meds twice a day. Thank whoever for Pill Pockets - and that he like them! His brother is the vaper in my avatar :)

Hope the procedure is successful and recovery rapid!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
David .. the coffee had not quite kicked in fully, so I sat here and stared at the post for about a minute thinking .. Whaaaattttt .. ?? Then, I finally got it .. zing ..

You're getting old Willie! i picked that one right up.

Have you had the toppers leak when they have juice in them? I haven't flown with vaping equipment, but I heard that toppers will leak and that it's best to take empty toppers and fill 'em when you land.

Both Janet and I have flown with Vivi Nova tanks (originals and the Aspires) and Davide's. When we took off the tanks were almost full. When we landed they were only about 1/4 to 1/2 full. And I know we didn't stealth vape that much during the flights. i carried mine in my shirt pocket and Janet had hers in her purse. There was no indication of juice leakage in my shirt pocket or Janet's purse. Have no idea where it went. It's happened a couple of times.

Just got news that one of my dogs has a torn ligament. Surgery required. :( Not a good day.

Thanks, Matt. Well surgery will run around 2k and he'll have to stay in a crate for 90 days. Really sucks how you get so attached to them. The other one wants to keep cuddling up to him.

Oh no. We went through something like that. Our Cairn Terrier blew out her back leg knee chasing a rabbit. The 'repair' was quite expensive. We did draw the line at one of the re-habs suggested which was therapy in a swimming pool. The only place we could do that was over an hour drive from home and I think it was like $100/hr or something. She bounced back pretty much on her own after the surgery and 'nope' we couldn't stop her from chasing rabbits.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh no. We went through something like that. Our Cairn Terrier blew out her back leg knee chasing a rabbit. The 'repair' was quite expensive. We did draw the line at one of the re-habs suggested which was therapy in a swimming pool. The only place we could do that was over an hour drive from home and I think it was like $100/hr or something. She bounced back pretty much on her own after the surgery and 'nope' we couldn't stop her from chasing rabbits.

Yep. That's the ligament he pulled. Chasing the cat!

FWIW... here's the kidz...

What is a Coton De Tulear?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Gary, what a cute dog!
winky_IGP0609.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

The strange thing is we couldn't figure out where the juice went. Nothing was wet, but the juice was missing. We learned to only fill them 3/4 of the way and it helped. I would be careful to not fill your juice bottles all the way to allow for any possible expansion. I put a piece of plastic over the bottle and then screwed the lid back on just to be safe and then put the bottle in a snack size zip lock bag. I'll often have the bottle "pop" when I open it, but wasn't a problem. One time I didn't have a lid on properly once so it did leak into the bag. I just snipped off the corner of the bag and poured it back in. Also, I've carried maybe 6 devices in my purse and security didn't bat an eye. Twice one of the guards asked Mike about his, but it was more out of curiosity, not because it wasn't allowed. You can take as much liquid in your checked luggage as you want and I don't think our batteries were ever questioned, probably due to having them in battery containers so there was no danger of them touching.

Just got news that one of my dogs has a torn ligament. Surgery required. :( Not a good day.

Aww, so sorry to hear that. As Mike said, we had that happen with our Cairn. We couldn't not have the surgery done either and she was great afterward. One word of warning though. The vet said that when it happens on 1 knee, it will often happen on the other one as well.

There was a store in our town where the owner would bring his dog into the store with him. What a sweetie! He said she was a Coton and I'd never seen one before. I fell in love immediately with her, but didn't know that her personality was part of the breed. Nice to know! I hope they do end up being very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread