Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hello and welcome to the Older Folks and vaping Back Porch. This thread was originally titled Older People 55 and Up. The original thread was started almost 4 years ago and grew to almost 19,000 posts. The mods kindly asked us to close it and start a new thread.

The original threads can be found here:

Older People 55 and Up | E-Cigarette Forum - precurser to Back Porch

Older Folks and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum - precursor to Front Porch

Since the original thread we’ve been through 2 continuation threads/porches, each accumulating 15,000+ posts

Back Porch Part 2

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2 | E-Cigarette Forum

Back Porch Part 3

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three | E-Cigarette Forum

The original thread was started by Txtumbleweed, here’s what he said.

randall_zpsdca52462.jpg

5/21/2012 Txtumbleweed wrote:

(link to post: Older Folks and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

I thought I would start a thread mostly for older folks but everyone is welcome. It is primarily to help longtime smokers to get off cigarettes and stay off by sharing our vaping experiences. Most everyone reading this has already started vaping so our goal is to support one another and help those beginning the vaping journey.

I have been vaping 2 1/2 years after smoking off and on for 60 years. I inhaled my first cigarette at 10 and by the time I was 15 I was smoking a pack a day. I've struggled with quitting smoking for 30 years and discovering the e-cig and vaping has been a life saver for me. I was diagnosed with COPD about seven years ago and my health was deteriorating rather quickly with loss of breath and coughing continuously. Since I started vaping my health has improved tremendously so that is why I'm so adamant about helping others make the same decision.

I have been vaping for 2 1/2 years but I'm far from an expert on vaping equipment but I have tried most devices or similar ones out there so I do have an opinion on most of them. We are all different when it comes to vaping and one thing doesn't work for all in fact very few of us will settle on using the same juices and PV's. That is what makes having a thread that we can discuss all e-cig related stuff without arguing about what is best is a good thing.

I have found that most of us older folks and long time smokers like the no muss no fuss PV's especially in the beginning. We would like to hear all of your stories and vaping experiences and what devices you started with and your journey to what you use now.

Us older folks do like to socialize along with our vaping but we need to keep this thread mostly about vaping or it will be moved to a social forum. We do have another thread in the Lounge Forum that is both social and vaping related.

I hope this thread is a success in helping others along the vaping trail

And then when another thread was opened for general chit-chat beyond vaping he said:

4/21/2012 Txtumbleweed wrote:

I thought I would start a thread mostly for older folks but everyone is welcome.

Us older folks do like to socialize along with our vaping

So with Txtumbleweed’s original intentions in mind, come join us on the back porch, bring your favorite PV and beverage, sit down and relax with us. This thread is in the lounge so we are free to talk about vaping and anything else that suits your fancy. Let the good times roll.

We also have a Front Porch in the General Forum where we hang out to share our stories about getting started on our vaping journey and all topics related to vaping. Please feel invited to join us there too. Here’s the link:

Front Porch - Part 3

Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Wow, who would have thought back when this thread started that we’d reach 45,000+ posts!

Mike and I found ECF back in 2011 when we started vaping and exponentially increased our knowledge for a much more enjoyable vaping experience. In fact, there was so much info that we were overwhelmed. One of the most important threads for us was when Txtumbleweed started the Older Folks thread. The beauty of the thread was that we could throw out a question based on the device or topper we were currently using and there was always someone who had “been there done that” who could offer advice. And of course there was always somebody reporting on any new shiny to hit the market. There was ALWAYS support when anybody ran into problems.

Along the way we realized that we were a pretty compassionate and sensitive group of folks. Maybe our years of experience taught us that we all carry burdens and we all have something important to share. Over the years we’ve run the gambit from grief to celebration and everything in between. Sure, we’ve learned a lot of things about vaping and have improved the vaping experience greatly, but I never would have imagined that I could feel so close to people I’ve never met! And we come from such diverse backgrounds and even countries! Events on the porch can make my day or leave me prayerful or angry or sad for days. As the saying goes, guess you had to be there, because our friends and family just don’t understand. I’m so glad we found y’all!!

And so here we are, continuing the journey. Building the Back Porch for the 4th time. Randall (Txtumbleweed) would be so pleased.

HTOITA!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
And......come next April, I'm hoping we all raise a glass of Dr. Pepper in a toast to Txtumbleweed for bringing us all together here , whether in your home on this Porch, or with some of us in Florida.

Very nice thought indeed, welcome to the new back porch.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Mike, my dear Porcher,

Once again, you've provided 'nother heartwarming, excellent and traditional kick off for our 'family' ECF rebirth; past, present and future!

Thank you, sir!

Just a last ditch carry over...

She absolutely loves it just from the picture.

As many others here, especially myself!

Drawing from my ECF bucket list, I sure hope we have da chance to meet up sometime! Think we could generate a retro-time-warp...
thumbsup.gif

19 tons of greasy, grimey gopher guts,

I remember it as "great green gobs of slimy greasy gopher guts".
Kinda glad we skipped da 'F' letter dis round. BUT, can hardly wait until 2/7/16... possibly TEOTBPAWKI!
Waiting.gif

BigGrin-1.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Food takes precedence to conversation, sorry ... Janet's just finishing up a special chicken dinner ... heading to the table soon.

Made my mouth water...what kinda "special" dinner?

Inquiring minds wanna know:D

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Just wouldn't be the same without Randall around ... his legacy runs strong and deep on the porches.
Yes, indeed!

Thank you Mike for starting our new journey on a very prized road!

Oooh, methinks I got me a new rocker bedecked with a new pillow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread