Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Other than seeing what looks like the sun setting upside down in that pretty picture, and knowing that the picture was taken from inside the ISS, I can't figure out what I'm looking at. What is the deep blue? What are the things that look like clouds? Can anyone help me out with a description?
Refraction in the atmospheric separating the colors like it does in a rainbow. The deep blue is because your looking through so much more atmosphere than if you were.looking straight up vice such a shallow angle. Hope that helps. Someone other than me can probably explain it better. :rolleyes:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
If you like space photography you really should.follow Station Commander Scott Kelly on Instagram. He's spending an entire.year inspace.to study the long.term.effecrs.of.low gravity in preparation for NASA possibly sending astronauts to Mars in the future. He really is great photographer. Generally posts one interesting/beautiful pic a day.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Morning Gracie! As you can see by the time, I'm up, didn't sleep at all last night. :mad:

I'm up cause I sacked out about 8:30 last night......5 minutes after my head hit the pillow, I was OUT!
Hope you can get some decent sleep!

Be careful with that rain; like I have to tell you that?! :)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I'm up cause I sacked out about 8:30 last night......5 minutes after my head hit the pillow, I was OUT!
Hope you can get some decent sleep!

Be careful with that rain; like I have to tell you that?! :)
I also went.to.bed around 8:30 and mine did too but, I woke around 11 and that was that. Up for the rest of the night.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Your sig line explains da pic?
dontknow.gif

bolt.gif

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Gracie, Sorry we didn't get to meet up during our travels. I would have loved it. Maybe better luck next time or see you in April if all else fails.
Yea, me too!
On the way up, we could have met, but, on the way back, I mentioned to Peter........oooh, we can call Matt......he replied, I don't think that would be a good idea at 2 in the am......when we hit VA!. :)

We took 95 home and missed all the Washington traffic. On the way up, we took 26 to 77 to 81...nicer ride, but longer!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Yea, me too!
On the way up, we could have met, but, on the way back, I mentioned to Peter........oooh, we can call Matt......he replied, I don't think that would be a good idea at 2 in the am......when we hit VA!. :)

We took 95 home and missed all the Washington traffic. On the way up, we took 26 to 77 to 81...nicer ride, but longer!
That's how we usually go north to avoid DC/Baltimore traffic. This last trip up, however, with the rain there was an accident on 77 causing a 3 hr sit in traffic. Fun, NOT! Looks like the hurricane is going out to sea amd not making landfall. Still lots of rain, however.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Here's a good article about what's coming this weekend regardless of the darn hurricane. We're gonna drown here in the Mid-Atlantic states. Anywhere from 5 to 20 inches of rain depending on exactly where your at. We've already got towels tucked in front of the sliding glass doors just to catch the water that's blowing against the doors and filling up the track.
http://thevane.gawker.com/more-than-a-foot-of-rain-is-possible-on-the-east-coast-1734067198

I read this morning that it looks the storm is going to take a more easterly track. I sure hope so. I wouldn't wish one of those things on anybody.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Well, doggone it, Kay, I quoted your post, but it didn't take. Hip replacement? Wow! At least you have a good outlook about it.

I'm having shoulder and hand issues and I did get some relief from the chiropractor yesterday. Half of my left hand is numb. It's getting troublesome.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Yea, me too!

95 both ways at around 85mph.:lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If you like space photography you really should.follow Station Commander Scott Kelly on Instagram. He's spending an entire.year inspace.to study the long.term.effecrs.of.low gravity in preparation for NASA possibly sending astronauts to Mars in the future. He really is great photographer. Generally posts one interesting/beautiful pic a day.

Location, location, location.... :lol:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
. Half of my left hand is numb. It's getting troublesome.

my right hand has been entirely numb since 2010. at the time, i was uninsured.

you should get a nerve conduction test as soon as possible. there are treatments, if you don't wait too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread