Little Mr Hux is doing just fine.

snoopy.gif

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That was pretty bad. But, the rights were recently acquired by Legendary Entertainment, so it may get another chance. Though I'm not getting my hopes up.
Yep. I just watched it the other night.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Dune? I tried to watch that 9000 times. Just couldn't do it. And yet it had hi praises. Never thot of the book since the movie was so bad (for me) and I (tried to) watch that first.
    Great book, if you like sci fi you really should give it a shot. The movie really wasn't very good, no idea how it got praises from anyone unless they never read the book.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    I suppose I am in the distinct minority that really liked "Dune" .. I had read all of the Frank Herbert books, starting with "Dune" itself back in the late 1960's and then the sequels .. I felt like Herbert had constructed an excellent World, and, to this day, I would have to say these books helped shape "Star Wars" and more ..

I thought the 1980's David Lynch film was excellent as well as the SyFy mini-series ..

I can see, though, that if you don't have a basis in the books, it might be a difficult film to really "get" .. Herbert, like many really good writers, cloaked his commentary of the Human Condition within his work .. a primary theme being the blind following of people willing to submissively obey charismatic leaders ..

Of course, I will also admit that being toasted most of the time back in those days probably helped ..

Now, John Travolta in dreadlocks .. ?? Not so much .. ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    From the "You Know You're Out of the Loop" Department

I decided to browse around some and see what's up in the PV business these days, those that know me know that I still use 510's, EVODs, a carto with tank at times, Twists, Spinners .. it works for me, so I just stuck with them .. but, it is getting time to possibly consider upping my game .. (I do have 2 mechs in my Doomsday Box) .. as I was browsing, I saw this at Mt Baker, and similar notices at other sites ::

PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF PETS AND CHILDREN. Use or purchase by persons not of legal age considered illegal in some states. HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. SALE ONLY ALLOWED IN THE UNITED STATES MANUFACTURED BY: MT BAKER VAPOR LLC MESA, ARIZONA 85215

I guess this is the New Normal ..

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Dune? I tried to watch that 9000 times. Just couldn't do it. And yet it had hi praises. Never thot of the book since the movie was so bad (for me) and I (tried to) watch that first.
    Knowing the book helps fill in the blanks in the movie, but you have to hold your head just right, & close one eye.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    From the "You Know You're Out of the Loop" Department

I decided to browse around some and see what's up in the PV business these days, those that know me know that I still use 510's, EVODs, a carto with tank at times, Twists, Spinners .. it works for me, so I just stuck with them .. but, it is getting time to possibly consider upping my game .. (I do have 2 mechs in my Doomsday Box) .. as I was browsing, I saw this at Mt Baker, and similar notices at other sites ::

PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF PETS AND CHILDREN. Use or purchase by persons not of legal age considered illegal in some states. HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. SALE ONLY ALLOWED IN THE UNITED STATES MANUFACTURED BY: MT BAKER VAPOR LLC MESA, ARIZONA 85215

I guess this is the New Normal ..
    Yeah. Sounds like blah, blah, California.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I suppose I am in the distinct minority that really liked "Dune" .. I had read all of the Frank Herbert books, starting with "Dune" itself back in the late 1960's and then the sequels .. I felt like Herbert had constructed an excellent World, and, to this day, I would have to say these books helped shape "Star Wars" and more ..

I thought the 1980's David Lynch film was excellent as well as the SyFy mini-series ..

I can see, though, that if you don't have a basis in the books, it might be a difficult film to really "get" .. Herbert, like many really good writers, cloaked his commentary of the Human Condition within his work .. a primary theme being the blind following of people willing to submissively obey charismatic leaders ..

Of course, I will also admit that being toasted most of the time back in those days probably helped ..

Now, John Travolta in dreadlocks .. ?? Not so much .. ;)
    Now the mini series, I thought anyway, did a much better job of capturing the spirit of the book.

Which brings us back to Battlefield Earth. I never even watched it, the trailer alone made me think it would suck. But how could they even begin to think that a 1000+ page book (for some reason 1064 pages is stuck in my head, and yes I read my paperback copy so many times the pages started falling out, then read it some more) could be turned into a movie? I might give a mini series a chance, but I just don't think it's possible to do it justice in a single movie.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    From the "Help a Brother Out" Department

Why do so many of the tanks I'm looking at today have seemingly large inhalation tips .. ?? Are drip tip styles going by the wayside .. ?? Why do they need these large tips .. ??
    Lots of power with mods these days, and many of the drip tips that come with kits are designed for cloudy performance. I just take the wide-bore tips off and replace with a narrow bore. They are easy to find and cheap.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

Why do so many of the tanks I'm looking at today have seemingly large inhalation tips .. ?? Are drip tip styles going by the wayside .. ?? Why do they need these large tips .. ??
    Just put a smaller tip on it. She said.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    How about a waltz variation with splits included?

Little brother is making another guitar. He's calling this the Bellatone baritone guitar.

View attachment 643193
    Purty! Don't forget to show us when it's finished!

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Ha! I thought Dune, too! Never read Battlefield Earth.

How is Mr Hux?

Macks little bro arrives at his new home today! I can't wait to meet him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Hux is doing spectacularly well. He's got a big open incision in his belly that evidently he doesn't know about. He kicks and moves and rolls around just like normal. Do babies not have nerves down there? You'd think at least his muscles would hurt. Nada. He's so squirmy it's easier to have 2 people change his diaper because they have to put absorbable padding in that spot and then put the regular diaper over it. And the surprise of the day yesterday was his 1st tooth coming in!!

Yay for little bro! Pictures! We need pictures!

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

My complaint exactly. I just put in the kind of drip tip I like and give Mike the big fat one.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hux is doing spectacularly well. He's got a big open incision in his belly that evidently he doesn't know about. He kicks and moves and rolls around just like normal. Do babies not have nerves down there? You'd think at least his muscles would hurt. Nada. He's so squirmy it's easier to have 2 people change his diaper because they have to put absorbable padding in that spot and then put the regular diaper over it. And the surprise of the day yesterday was his 1st tooth coming in!!

Yay for little bro! Pictures! We need pictures!
    babyYES.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread