Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
It might have been on that British app I had for a while it's been so long ago. It was where he decided to take a job in London and they sent a replacement and on a visit back he saw how incompetent she was and her husband was making all the diagnosis and telling her what to prescribe. She almost killed a couple of people and he decided they needed him there.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Supposed to be 95 tomorrow here which is bad enough but it is also going to be that in Seattle. There will be people having a hard time there. Very few have AC over there. They aren't supposed to get that kind of temps, they have even put out a heat advisory there because of that.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
@MattB101 When they remove nodules from your lungs do they do it Laproscopically or do they have to crack your chest?
I didn't have "nodules", I had a single squamous cell tumor and they didn't crack my chest. They went in from the side and performed what's called a lobectomy. Took just a little less than the bottom half of my right lung. Needed to make sure they got it all. They did, I didn't even need chemo or radiation. They started just below and to the right of my right breast and the incision went around under my arm around to my back. Then they opened the ribs and went to work. Hopefully not too much information. If you have numerous nodules and they turn out cancerous, seriously look into cyberknife instead of general radiation. It much more targeted with less side effects. Didn't you say you already had a PET scan?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Another night of insomnia.....just about the time I was almost asleep.....people upstairs started playing Call of Duty....or some such....Boom!! Boom!! Boom!!, so....got up, put my blue jeans on...;) put my favorite house cleaning music on and cranked it up.... :D

Apartment is vacuumed. kitchen and bathroom mopped, dancing my way through my apartment dusting and shining .... The music is still playing (loud) and I'm still going...:)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I didn't have "nodules", I had a single squamous cell tumor and they didn't crack my chest. They went in from the side and performed what's called a lobectomy. Took just a little less than the bottom half of my right lung. Needed to make sure they got it all. They did, I didn't even need chemo or radiation. They started just below and to the right of my right breast and the incision went around under my arm around to my back. Then they opened the ribs and went to work. Hopefully not too much information. If you have numerous nodules and they turn out cancerous, seriously look into cyberknife instead of general radiation. It much more targeted with less side effects. Didn't you say you already had a PET scan?
No July 5th is my day. So we will see then what they come up with. They weren't even concerned about the 2 that I have till this last CT and they said they had grown about 3mm in 8 months but before that they were stable for 3 years.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Another night of insomnia.....just about the time I was almost asleep.....people upstairs started playing Call of Duty....or some such....Boom!! Boom!! Boom!!, so....got up, put my blue jeans on...;) put my favorite house cleaning music on and cranked it up.... :D

Apartment is vacuumed. kitchen and bathroom mopped, dancing my way through my apartment dusting and shining .... The music is still playing (loud) and I'm still going...:)

You go, girl!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I was not interested in government mandated Nosy Parkers inspecting my residence or family associations, that if I had a problem I could call the police, & get with my Drs without the opinion of the government directed insurance company. So su, pay the bills, & myob. TY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Telling it like it is!

Doc Martin fan here. Only got to watch a couple dozen shows on PBS. Never heard of the lady doc.

It's an old show. Are all the seasons available somewhere?
Doc Martin.......a high favorite of mine, also.

I'm just hoping and praying it comes back negative.
As we all are on the Porches, Pat!!

Supposed to be 95 tomorrow here which is bad enough but it is also going to be that in Seattle. There will be people having a hard time there. Very few have AC over there. They aren't supposed to get that kind of temps, they have even put out a heat advisory there because of that.
My goodness, and with temps here now in the 90s, can't imagine it without A/C!!!!

Ah, fight back with music......can't think of a better way to get your point across!!!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
{QUOTE="2legsshrt, post: 19719817, member: 20705"]Thats great! I will definately be looking into that if the 2nd opinion is the same as the VA. But that's putting the cart before the horse, Just have to wait to see what they say and that won't be till probably a few days after the scan on July 5th. Then I'll go from there. A lot of things to be considered for me, I'm not the regular sugery candidate. I'm just hoping and praying it comes back negative.

As are many many folks!!!!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
What happens if you don't have them removed?
Depends. If they're cancer radiation and chemo can shrink them maybe even cure them. It's only two nodules so depending on where exactly they are located they might be able to take em out laproscopically. That also depends on what the PET shows. Problem with laproscopic surgery is the possibility that they could shed cells as they are being removed and spread. Pat, try not to worry about it (Yeh right) what is is. Nothing will change by worrying. The PET will tell all. If the PET lights up then they will biopsy them to determine what type of cancer it is. With all of us praying for you, it's not cancer. :nun::)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
@2legsshrt, wishing you the best and have you on my prayer list.
I had no idea of who or what Doctor Martin was. After a Google search, I think my daughter might like it, but doughty it would hold my interest. I don't watch prime time TV shows or drama series and hate commercials. If something is coming on that I might want to watch it will record it and fast forward through the commercials. As much as I enjoy Nascar, I don't watch it live. Even when I watch a show, I will be doing something on my computer or reading a book on my tablet.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@2legsshrt, wishing you the best and have you on my prayer list.
I had no idea of who or what Doctor Martin was. After a Google search, I think my daughter might like it, but doughty it would hold my interest. I don't watch prime time TV shows or drama series and hate commercials. If something is coming on that I might want to watch it will record it and fast forward through the commercials. As much as I enjoy Nascar, I don't watch it live. Even when I watch a show, I will be doing something on my computer or reading a book on my tablet.
Doc Martin is a great show. It's British but it's really easy to get into the characters in the show. Makes you want to live in the little place they live, where everyone knows everyone. I think there are 6 seasons maybe 7.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Doritos came out with a new flavor chip that is really good, but the only place we've found them is Costco. It's called Supreme Cheddar. Sort of like Nacho Cheese but not nearly as spicy and a really great flavor. Like I say haven't seen them in any stores here. We love em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread