Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I'm still wandering down memory lane....and wanted to share this post from Semi in August 2012...:)

"Somebody shared this with me, so I thought I would share it with ya'll. Ignore the ads at the end, but it is fun to watch and will give you something to think about...

flickspire - Life is like Coffee"

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I'm still wandering down memory lane....and wanted to share this post from Semi in August 2012...:)

"Somebody shared this with me, so I thought I would share it with ya'll. Ignore the ads at the end, but it is fun to watch and will give you something to think about...

I go back and re-read sometimes also. A lot of our history there... :)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
That's a possibility but don't know if you have ever been to Northern Idaho. Different breed of cat in that area, especially out in the boonies. They like it that way, that's why they live there. They don't bother anyone for the most part and they don't want anyone bothering them. Reminds me of that movie, Deliverance, not that way in the big cities like Sandpoint or Coure D'alene but out in the sticks like Ruby Ridge guys like Randy Weaver who just wanted to be left alone but the FBI took care of that. One of their not so informed or smart moves, just managed to kill a few innocent family members. We used to go right by there on the trains. Beautiful country but some real rednecks there. You don't go messing with them, but they are fine, talked to a few and they just want to be left alone and don't want the government or anyone else telling them how they have to live. I also see I got this on the wrong porch.

DELIVERANCE! Thanks, gonna search for it on the boobtube...one of my all-time favorites!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
DELIVERANCE! Thanks, gonna search for it on the boobtube...one of my all-time favorites!

Riiight...

il_340x270.983680050_dqsb.jpg

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
LOL....Not that I would expect a guy to know..:eek: but wasn't he just about the first centerfold for Playgirl magazine...? :rolleyes:

Actually da original three page CF pic was in a 1972 Cosmopolitan issue. Only recall da 'event' due to da press/female swoonin'. As fer Playgirl, have NFI!

BTW, Google can be your friend or nemesis...

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I've been doing a bit of reading through this Thread...Just thought I ought'a say Hello !!!...Trig :D
Welcome to the thread!!

My wife point down the street to the stop sign about 50yds away - she says to him - that is where I told you to take a left... :confused::facepalm:
lmao. I don't use any type of gps thingies. I know how to get to the bathroom from my room just fine. Even when I have to detour through dining room so as not to disturb the TV viewing of others :D

Shew! New router from Verizon installed. It really was plug and play. No issues or problems. Just took time to re-join the new 5G network.
just checked mine. 5 mbps download .68 upload. But I can get online, so that's all that really matters.

I have had Netflix drop in the middle of the movie. Not common, but it has happened. Especially about 30 min after all the kids in the neighborhood get home from school.
Jup.

Daughter and grandkids all went to the coast for the weekend. I'm home alone! That's a very rare thing indeed.

I've washed all my clothes and cleaned out the frig. Tomorrow I'll work on my closet.

It's nice to have the peace and quiet to feel free to move around the house freely, without chaos and noise. Getting things done. But, not in a stressful way. Just sort of gliding through the house as I please.

I like.
wahooooooo!!

Well we are here and got WiFi. So good to go. Glad to be done with driving for a while. Motorhome worked great. Ginny made it for the wedding she wanted to go to for her niece. So all is well.
yay. Glad y'all are there safe and sound. Have a fun vacay!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I went to church at 8:00 this morning, went home, then my friend picked me up at noon, where we were assigned to cut pies for "Street Fest." We cut pies for about an hour, then cleaned up the room, all but for a streak of blueberry syrup drops on the carpet (custodian is going to groan when he sees that). Had chicken dinner, listened to live music. I caught a golf-cart to the parking lot-- "PLEASE!" Went home and had my usual hour nap-- really conked out.

I know that my exhaustion and weakness and pain will get better-- this is my fourth time through this-- I know I am getting older, but it has always gotten better with time. I have an appt with neurologist on Tuesday. Hopefully he will be able to offer me something. People were glad to see me, though. Switching to 8:00 Mass with fewer people has helped me in some ways, but a different group of people.

Had a tooth pulled Thursday, which has needed to be pulled for a year. Hoping that eliminating that possible source of infection will help.

Always maintaining a positive attitude.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
In 1856, there was an outbreak of bloodshed in Utah. Many who disagreed with that fled north to Idaho. I suspect that had an influence on Idaho culture.
Yeah there are a lot of survivalist types in that area and Northern Idaho still has its share of white supremacist types also even though they burned the place down at Hayden Lake. They still exist in that area also a beautiful area. The trains follow a really beautiful route through Bonners Ferry Id, into the canyon and follows the Kootenai River into Troy Mont and Libby, Kootenai Falls then the Fisher River I think it is up and through the 8 mile tunnel and drops down to Whitefish Lake and Whitefish. What a beautiful trip in the daylight, which seemed to be seldom. In the canyon is the only place I've ever found wild Asparagus. Really get into some snow storms when you climb the hill to the tunnel and on the other side. For some reason it was always dry in the tunnel. When we would end up dying, which is what they call it when your 12hrs expires, went on some hair raising trips by van into whitefish, old paved roads that were mainly for logging, through these little logging towns. Luckily they had 4 wheel drive vans with real good snow tires on them but some really scary rides in the winter, especially at night, when you'd been on the train for 16hours by the time they found their way too you. There were a couple of spots that the vans could get to you better cause there were right of way roads and we would just say we made it to there on our 12 hours, even though we exceeded them by 20 or 30min. We'd call the Dispatcher and tell him what we planned and if he could guarantee we could get there straight though he would go along. Thats if we had cell service if not he would just give us the lights and knew what we were doing. Sort of fudged on the paperwork so we could have a slightly safer ride and they could actually get to you without getting stuck.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I was asked to put this information here. This is from the obituary for Kaez's wife.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Patricia's name. Donations can be made by calling 800-805-5856 or by visiting St. Jude at: Donate to St Jude and help kids fight cancer | St Jude Children's Research Hospital

Thank you so much for posting this. RL has limited my computer time so I was behind on the discussion.

Finally got my POD. Got it on the 8th, making it 9 days late. Not an ant in site. Not a dead one or a live one. I asked for compensation all along the way once it was delayed. I was told that would be granted once it was delivered.
I also called my credit card company to ask about opening a dispute. They agreed they felt it was a worthy dispute and would help me contest it.
POD called me yesterday and the compensation they offered was $700. They charged me $3,450 total.
Love to hear some input from folks here. Take the $700 or Dispute? (I ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR 50% OFF)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

So, how much did it cost you to be in the hotel and be without all your stuff? Fixing or replacing damaged items should be added in. Then you've had all the frustration in dealing with people who didn't really care much for your situation. I'd definitely raise a big stink. $700 is not nearly enough!

I've been doing a bit of reading through this Thread...Just thought I ought'a say Hello !!!...Trig :D

Welcome to the back porch. Have a vape and make yourself comfortable. How long have you been vaping and how did you get started? I was lucky enough to accidently quit smoking the day my vape gear arrived. Then the fine folks at ECF guided us to better gear and it's now been 6 years since our last cigarette!

Well we are here and got WiFi. So good to go. Glad to be done with driving for a while. Motorhome worked great. Ginny made it for the wedding she wanted to go to for her niece. So all is well.

Glad that you arrived safe and sound and now you can relax and enjoy all your hard work. Now go take a nap!

I've seen this before and loved it! Thanks for sharing it.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Going to 83 here today with 71% humidity and I can see a lot of pale blue sky. There's lots of Cirrus clouds above that worry me as far as being able to view the eclipse. It sure would be nice if they'd clear out before showtime. We won't see totality from here, but I'd like to at least see the partial eclipse.
Mike had called REI to see if art was possible to get some glasses, but was told the entire company was sold out. Fortunately our son had gotten a couple pair and gave us one so we're all set as long as the clouds cooperate.

Hope you all can get a good look wherever you are, but if not, we've got another chance in 2024. There should be totality here in the east for that one. Just heard that in 2045 there will be another coast to coast eclipse. Hmmm, I'll be 95 if I'm still around for that

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
The weatherman says it's currently "mostly cloudy" here but it's quite clear, with the clouds being so thin that they do not obscure the sun much, if at all. Where I'm at the eclipse will be 90%. To get to a place in the narrow 70-mile-wide path of totality I'd have to go about 250 miles southeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread