Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazewitch

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Miami,FL
cute Iffy...

as im rocking n; rollin on the porch, Im reviewing my vapemail this evening - new Trustfire charger. Just used it,works great, highly recommended from many folks, and I agree,good product.

Just finished pulling apart a Kangertech dual Coil atty, awaiting a re-build. was previously using a Coffee swirl dark juice which,im convinced at this point, I no longer want these liquids since, from appearance and taste not to mention texture,are rather harsh for me(strange but true). I love my "reds" ejuice.and 'Breaking Bad' - trophy wife is not too bad either. The clearer the better for me(18mg of Nic)

now im waiting for more vapemail to arrive including my atty builder kit,Kanthal 28 50ft and 50 wick. Once im done I will post pics of my results(or fails) for comments.

(rubs hands together like a mad scientist)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Whew! The switch is finally happening. You wouldn't believe how Mike fussed over this. He wanted to do right by Tx and also not loose the flavor of our threads. I was reading back over some of the early posts and you're right Flowersoul, lots of memories there! And now we get to create some new ones! Attaboy to hubby for a job well done!

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
So now for my first, only vaguely vaping related post over here. For people who have been following my post fire saga I want to give Vaperite a special round of applause. Before I knew we'd get the car started on Monday, on Sunday night I put an order in for my favorite juice, with a note explaining why it would sure be nice if they could fill it as quickly as possible. They sent me the shipping/tracking e-mail before I got up on Monday, and the order arrived at the motel in Tuesday's mail.

On the non-vaping front, the dog is at a nice kennel, and we did get the power back on at the house, so the cats will be okay as long as we bring water out for them. (Being cats they aren't nearly as upset about all of this as the poor dog is. Even though it's another strangeness, I think that he'll be better off without all of the upset at the house. And the kennel he's at is officially billed as a "dog resort" with play time, toys, lots of staff, so I don't feel totally guilty.)

I want to thank everyone for your good words and support. Now we just need to settle into the long slog of getting things repaired and cleaned up, or rebuilt, since we're right on the line of being "totalled" and they won't know for sure until the estmates get done. We're already going bats living in a motel room, but the insurance company is working on getting us switched to an apartment.

mdw3258calif

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Garner NC
Thank you, all of you, for the history that this thread represents and will continue on.

I am a newbie but had become a permanent resident of what are now called the front and back porches. I love all you folks, and have been and will continue to appreciate all the history and wisdom here among you good folks.

I'm about to turn 59 yrs old next month, and smoked 2-3 packs a day since I was 15. Never thought I could or would quit, but vaping has absolutely made all that possible. I'm spared from devastating bad health effects from smoking (so far), and I always thought myself immune. But the coughing, and the cost, the COST -- finally got me to make up my mind, and I'm certain that I couldn't/wouldn't have done it without the support of vaping. And when I found this forum, I knew that folks just like me are here, and so supportive and experienced ... well, I THANK YOU ALL!

I feel very privileged to be here with you good people.

Things have been rough in my personal life lately, and if there were ever a reason to grab a carton of cigs, it has happened. But my pvs and my stash of e-liquids have more than gotten me through it. Thanks for being here for all of us!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Here is an odd bit that I maybe never mentioned to all of you

Before I joined I read the entire thread. It was how all of you respected and helped Elbertdee that convinced me I belonged here. The infinite patience and kindness shown the man was beyond price.

He was such a nice person, we all liked him and looked forward to his stories.

Maitiem (Mary) - nice suggestion. It's done. Look, his pic's are added.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/520782-older-folks-vaping-front-porch-part-2-a.html#post12050868

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
mdw,

Be assured that we never tire of stories such as yours! Some had it easy on switching (moi). Others have and/or are still hoping to ditch that last .....

But, I think I can 'speak' for day-um near all of us on the porches when I say that we feel privileged to have you and every new oldie rockin' with us!
thumbsup.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thank you, all of you, for the history that this thread represents and will continue on.

I am a newbie but had become a permanent resident of what are now called the front and back porches. I love all you folks, and have been and will continue to appreciate all the history and wisdom here among you good folks.

I'm about to turn 59 yrs old next month, and smoked 2-3 packs a day since I was 15. Never thought I could or would quit, but vaping has absolutely made all that possible. I'm spared from devastating bad health effects from smoking (so far), and I always thought myself immune. But the coughing, and the cost, the COST -- finally got me to make up my mind, and I'm certain that I couldn't/wouldn't have done it without the support of vaping. And when I found this forum, I knew that folks just like me are here, and so supportive and experienced ... well, I THANK YOU ALL!

I feel very privileged to be here with you good people.

Things have been rough in my personal life lately, and if there were ever a reason to grab a carton of cigs, it has happened. But my pvs and my stash of e-liquids have more than gotten me through it. Thanks for being here for all of us!

I know what you're saying. I had to work hard not to smoke 3 PPD. I was a solid 2 1/2+ PPD after smoking for 45 years. Vaping has been such a positive life change, I'm so thankful that my wife and I started and kept with it. She quit the day our first cig-a-likes showed up. Took me a couple months - but I'm now smoke free 2 years and 2 months. And yepper, ECF in general and the folks hangin on the front and back porch have been such a wonderful support group. If I ever stop vapin' (and I have no plans to) I'd probably just still hang around because of the friends I've made here.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know most of y'all have heard my story before but for all those that haven't this is from 4/21/2012

Hey guys, don't you think suppliers should give us a senior discount? 63 years young here. Been smoking since I was 17. Saw the ads on TV and at first laughed it off. Just couldn't imagine something like that would work. Boy, was I ever wrong. Went to the smoke store to get my usual 2 cartons but we decided to give these new fangled things a try. Hubby ended up smoking the cigarettes. I couldn't stand them after a few days of vaping. He is having a few problems vaping so we are trying to troubleshoot it. Right now he is doing the drip on an atty method with unflavored nic juice. So far it is working.
I know I can take a much much deeper breath now without pain and I no longer have to spend the first hour of the morning coughing and hacking. Love it and will never go back.

Only change. Hubby is now using CE3 smokymizers. Still having a bit of a sore throat but I think that will go away once he learns that he can't vape the same way he smoked.

Some things have changed in the past 1 1/2 years. I am now 65 years young. Even after over 2 years of vaping I've not advanced past ego type batteries and that works for me. I do love my VV Spinners but that is about as advanced as I need. Have tried carto tanks, T3's, MT3's and viva novas but am very happy with my 1.6ml eVods and 1.2ml CE3's.

Hubby is still smoking some but he has cut back from 2-2 1/2 packs a day to a carton every 2 weeks or so. The only juice delivery device he will use is the little 1.2ml CE3 XL's and unflavored juice. Can't say that I blame him on the CE3's. They sure do deliver good vapor and for me, taste.

One of the most used and one of the truest statements is "Don't count the ones you smoke, count the ones you don't". That is the way I look at his smoking. Wish he could completely quit but it is his choice.

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
Excellent Job Mike!!:toast:

I had a lil scare the past couple weeks..I developed another ulcer on 1 of my feet..
After 2 previous partial amputations..I wasn't looking forward to losing more body parts:(
However this time it healed up!!
I'm totally convinced..The reason it healed..
Is that I'm now vaping.and not getting all the nasty chemicals..
I was ingesting before with analogs:D

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
My original post from 2-17-2012:

55 here!

I had smoked for 37 years. I NEVER thought I could quit!! Never, ever, ever! I had only gone without smoking 2 times for one day each in all those years. And, both times it was because I was very sick. Just the thought of quitting (or of running out) made me smoke more!

Like artt, I thought that "If it seems too good to be true, it probably IS." Between that and the fact that I never knew anyone who quit smoking using one, I thought it was all just a scam.

Then my brother decided to quit smoking using electronic cigarettes and did the research. So, I finally tried it. And, after 2 days of working the bugs out, no more cigarettes! Just like that! The last cigarette I smoked was on Feb. 27, 2011.

No temptation to go back. The only thing I miss is the ease, not the cigs.

What's funny is that it seems that ecigs help long term (older), heavy smokers the most. It doesn't seem to help young people as much because they learned to smoke during a time when you had to go outside to smoke.

When I started smoking, people smoked in the grocery store, in restaurants, even in classrooms. Smoking was part of every moment of every day. Anyone who started smoking in the last decade or so just never got a chance to develop the same kind of habit that we did.

I'm not sure how much it's because it's a different kind of habit or how much it's because us older, more long term smokers are just more desperate. Yes, I think desperation may be a big part of it.

But, to me, it was a miracle!

And, btw I haven't saved a penny yet. But, I think I may be finally starting to get the toys out of my system. So, I may start saving soon?

So, what's changed? I'm 2 years older. And, in a few weeks, it will be 3 years since I switched to vaping. Also, I did eventually start to save money, lots of it.

There are lots of really good parts of ECF. But, the Old Folks threads are the most like home. They always have a cozy spot waiting for you to come back too and will answer any questions, no matter how simple or advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread