Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
TC40W 'stealth mode'; hold 'fire' and 'down' buttons fer 5 seconds to switch mode.

I'd buy several more if/when da price drops to/below da Pico wid replaceable batts. Not yet though...

I do wish other PVs had dat sweet function!!!
Icd like to know when that happens!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
TC40W 'stealth mode'; hold 'fire' and 'down' buttons fer 5 seconds to switch mode.

I'd buy several more if/when da price drops to/below da Pico wid replaceable batts. Not yet though...

I do wish other PVs had dat sweet function!!!

Both the Wismec Presa 75TC and the Realeaux RX75 can turn the screen off.

And there's always electrical tape... :facepalm:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I forgot that was another reason I passed on the 40 watt. I might have found a setting I liked but I would rather have the whole range

My iStick TC40Ws go from 1.0 to 40.0 watts in 0.1V increments!

Fer da record, I'm currently vaping at 16.0 W (1.78Ω @ 5.33V as per read out).

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

And to consider there was a time when I felt adventurous pushin' 9W...
toothy.gif

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Thanks for all the replies. Now just gotta find the right price - and I mean right price...

@FlamingoTutu - I am not near the enabler that some others are (pointing finger at some young lady in the corner)...
There are at least three young ladies in the corner. I assume you mean the one owned by the doggie that has been hogging my new rocker for the past 24 hours? :lol:
hehehehehehe, yep. I got 2, one for me, one for hubby. They went forth and multiplied :lol::lol::lol:

WOW! Just Wow. His work is amazing

That is why mine is in my back up box. I too have fairly small hands and the one that holds the device most often doesn't always work that well so the width makes it not so comfortable to use.

No matter what the device is capable of delivering the highest I go is 10 watts but normally 7 or 8 :D Sure makes for a long battery life between charges.
His work is amazing, never heard of him until I ran into that picture.

I'm still glad I got the Pico(s), they will be used down the road even if for something different now and then. What I'm putting off since getting them is batteries. If they are duds, my bad, though they both can't be. I hope. It really sucks not knowing if you'll be able to try something you intended to just because random politicians decided you're not worthy. As Classy says, "not one more dime." We've more than paid our fair share in taxes on FDA approved :censored: and I'm not willing to pay another cent on it. So jup, they'll be my dedicated :censored: FDA mods and I'll enjoy the heck out of them.
Sounds like you watched a vid on the "bunny ears" method. I use rayon that way, but only about 1/16 to 1/8 over the chamber top, tucked gently down on both sides. Some put a lot more effort into it, mullet cuts and all sorts of "tricks", but I find the ears way quick and easy and effective.

While my juice is around 65% PG, and I've vaped at 50/50, I've never had an issue with dry hits on my KFs. Then again, rayon does wick better than cotton, so you may want to investigate that if having problems.

Glad you didn't get a stuck topper! Yeah, loose screws are bad news!

Yeah, some don't like the tinkering (although since coils can last months and the bunny ears is quick and easy....) , and some have physical problems with it. But with the Dooming, it may be the only game in town...

Childproof caps? :w00t:
Please tell me a mullet is not a legitimate wick trim.
Umm, nope. Exact words from the ringleaders mouth the last time it was mentioned (there is no discussion). "I don't care." It's a long story, but there's nothing I can do about it.
Wait, it's your house isn't it? Insomnia is not fun and not something you choose to have. They can make it in the guest bedroom or some other room away from where you are sleeping.

Had insomnia since I was a pretty little kid due to ADHD. For the last year or two I've gotten much relief from a GENERIC form of Ambien. I take less than a half of the pill and then I have a choice; I behave myself and go to bed or screw around on ECF and the pill wears off. You don't wake up all groggy like you do with the name-brand. Downside is you get an intense case of the munchies so plan ahead. Obviously YMMV but it might be worth looking into if this is new to you. I resent taking medications but this one was a godsend, it really is.
Thanks David. I'm open for suggestions, what do you like?

I feel my flavor profile might revolve around the tobaccos I bought; Maxx-Blend, SoHo and Dark Vapure. I also bought coconut, toasted almond, meringue (really good with SoHo) along with some AP and EM. Next purchase will be the vanillas, bourbons and fig.

I've looked at all those CL recipes and have the first one bookmarked as it seemed most appealling; as well, it's the same recipe as the last.

They're at e-liquid-calculator. I recognized the http right away. For some reason, ecf doesn't like that site.

Thanks Tutu.

To be honest, I calculated the one liter will get me 4 years at my current level; 12mg @ 4mls/day. Though, at 2 years from now, I expect to reduce my mgs and see where the lay of land settles.
smacuser, please, when the time comes, order another liter (at minimum), don't get caught short in the long run. Two Porchers set off to visit a family member thinking they were okay, then found out they will face some of the harshest laws in the country by the time they return home.

BTW, did I not tell you these folks would do everything to try to help you? :)
One of the best juices I ever made was from my waste vial - I was pouring a bunch of 2ml unused juices into a bottle and I don't know why, but when my 30ml bottle was almost full I decided to just try it to see what it tasted like - of course I used a dripper (I am not that stupid) and it was delicious - bad moral to the story - it was not duplicatable... :w00t:
If I had a penny for every time I've heard that over the years, no joke. Everybody using a dump bottle, record what you dump in there!
Provari 2.5 can be vaped completely 'dark'.
More than a few people have accidentally turned it off and then think something is wrong with their mod. :lol: I shouldn't laugh, it's about the only thing I haven't sabotaged myself with. :oops:

Almost all my ProVari have red LED to preserve night vision. It's paid off. Last night we saw 33 satellites during our nightly walk. Perseids are coming up, Delta Aquarids are ramping up and the Aquarius are spectacular. Hey, I found a good article that makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about but night vision is important to us and I'm the only one that vapes, the others don't complain. Life is good on the home front and I am very grateful. :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My iStick TC40Ws go from 1.0 to 40.0 watts in 0.1V increments!

Fer da record, I'm currently vaping at 16.0 W (1.78Ω @ 5.33V as per read out).
oops, sorry Iffy. I shoulda been clearer. I was still talking about the kboxes. The 40 watt kbox limits you to 7 settings whereas the 50 watt kbox gives you the whole range.

I have a dr appt this morning but I think I will have to dig out my 40 watt istick when I get back and play with it :D

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Life is good on the home front and I am very grateful. :)

Good feeling isn't it??? :)

Every time I say Good Morning to someone when I am out and about and they in return say Good Morning to me - I always add - "Best kind isn't it???"... :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are at least three young ladies in the corner. I assume you mean the one owned by the doggie that has been hogging my new rocker for the past 24 hours? :lol:
Couldn't possibly be talking about me :lol::lol::lol:

His work is amazing, never heard of him until I ran into that picture.

I'm still glad I got the Pico(s), they will be used down the road even if for something different now and then. What I'm putting off since getting them is batteries. If they are duds, my bad, though they both can't be. I hope. It really sucks not knowing if you'll be able to try something you intended to just because random politicians decided you're not worthy. As Classy says, "not one more dime." We've more than paid our fair share in taxes on FDA approved :censored: and I'm not willing to pay another cent on it. So jup, they'll be my dedicated :censored: FDA mods and I'll enjoy the heck out of them.
Fortunately I have some batteries for the kbox I am using so was able to test mine out before I put it in the someday box. I totally agree with both you and Classy "not on more dime"

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
And for you it came to 2.85 years.
Jup it does. Hmmmm maybe I said 3-4 ml/day and they used 3.5, but at any rate, that's all changed now. Have dropped to 18mg again, so will see how I feel in a few more days. Dropping to .5 ohm SS coils I was over nic'ing. Have been on 18 for 3 days I think......so far so good. But am probably vapin at least 4 mls maybe more. Gotta pay more attn to how much I'm vapin a day. I had to ask permission to use the calculator, but found a post from DH that I'd saved where she said how to calculate it......I actually did it. Yay me! hehehe Actually yay (((((DH)))) your post made it easy. But would still like to save and use the calculator.

Sweet! On da opposite end of da spectrum, my ol' SMOK M65 (work bench/unflav joose PV) stays illuminated for a full minute each time I hit da fire button...
shakehead.gif
yuckkkkkkk I don't necessarily care for complete stealth most of the time, but wouldn't want it lit for a whole minute.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

I wonder about it all. Not many people would be willing to go through all this work. Some of us just enjoy tinkering, but I'm sure most would see it as a big pain. If I wasn't tinkering with vaping stuff I would be tinkering with something else, I suspect most of the people here would too. I wonder what percentage of vapers do what we do.
Perhaps not as many as I had thought... I was in the vape shop and was surprised at the number of folks who were buying a replacement for a broken topper and/or coils. There's litt on deeming all over the shop and two of us were discussing Aug 8. These folks were oblivious, despite the owner's best efforts to educate them.

BTW, my K3 mini does NOT like max VG juice. Above 70%, it's very unhappy. And I chain vape, which only makes things worse.

Umm, nope. Exact words from the ringleaders mouth the last time it was mentioned (there is no discussion). "I don't care." It's a long story, but there's nothing I can do about it.
This is just wrong on so many levels. :(

Please tell me a mullet is not a legitimate wick trim.

More than a few people have accidentally turned it off and then think something is wrong with their mod. :lol: I shouldn't laugh, it's about the only thing I haven't sabotaged myself with. :oops:
Ummm, one could reasonably describe my K3 mini wick trim as a mullet. Fluffy top (shoulders), thin tails ... Yup, methinks that's a mullet! :)

I can't count the number of times I've thought I broke a mod, only to discover I'd turned it off. Especially with a P3. Somehow, I click through to the "off" without even knowing it! :facepalm:

@Debadoo, you do know a Pico can't squonk, right? :lol: :lol:

image.jpg

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I did some calculations (surprise surprise)... Taking into consideration what I have spent over the last almost 5 years (including my recent stocking up) and what I expect I will have to spend over the next 18 years - Vaping is costing me less per year than what I used to spend on one month's worth of cigs.:)

Now there are some variables that could raise that figure, but I do not believe it is possible no matter what happens for it to exceed one / maybe one and a half months of cigs... Fantastic isn't...:D

And if you calculate into the factor that I have been able to reduce allergy meds - I am spending even less... (And I feel grander (health wise) to boot!!!)... :thumb:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Sorry, but I got one more calculation to share.

The last front porch lasted from 15 Oct 2015 - 22 Jul 2016 for a total of 282 days. With 15,348 posts in the thread it means we averaged 54.4 posts per day. Now of course we had some slower and faster days, but that is the overall average...

I am going to have to go back and look to see which porch was the fastest (another calculation - I'm sorry - I do that when I am bored - gotta keep the brain cells active you know). Maybe this afternoon when it gets to hot to work outside. Gotta get back to my workshop for now... See Ya...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I did some calculations (surprise surprise)... Taking into consideration what I have spent over the last almost 5 years (including my recent stocking up) and what I expect I will have to spend over the next 18 years - Vaping is costing me less per year than what I used to spend on one month's worth of cigs.:)

Now there are some variables that could raise that figure, but I do not believe it is possible no matter what happens for it to exceed one / maybe one and a half months of cigs... Fantastic isn't...:D

And if you calculate into the factor that I have been able to reduce allergy meds - I am spending even less... (And I feel grander (health wise) to boot!!!)... :thumb:

that's wonderful!! I have no idea how much I've spent over the years, but the last sentence is the best part!!!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I take a SWAG and say da Front/Back ratio is 'bout 5:3. Although recently da traffic has increased here.

Yep, you are probably right - we have picked up a few folks here and there - the party just keeps getting better by the day... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread