silicone/rubber
plastic/delrin
marble/agate
ceramic/glass
wood
petrified mastodon spoor
plaster of Paris/papier-mâché
metal

Besides, when boating or parasailing, using silicone/rubber DTs, ya don't chip teeth!
Hmmm...I'd move wood to #3. I'm leaving silicone/rubber as #1, even tho I've never used one, just because I think I would love them.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'll have to rember your reply, it's a great one. :thumbs:

I'd never talk about you when you're not around. [emoji14]

She might say, "Not one more penny," but whatever it is, I agree to the max.

Was hoping the mullet thing wasn't true. :cry:

Bravo to vape shops trying to educate their customers. I suddenly don't blame some owners for being confused. If you guys haven't read this, please take a look. The FDA's Incomprehensible Answer To A Crucial Question About Its E-Cigarette Regulations

Whenever I see the word mullet, I suddenly see MacGyver with one. :cry:

I do too. If it weren't for multiquotes, Deb and I could quadruple the post count. :sneaky:

I'd switch #1 and #2, plus move mastodon poo to #3, chipped teeth be damned. :)

I think I'm finally going to break down and get a MHM tip. The burl ones are over the moon. All of them are but the burl are to die for. :wub:

You ought to come up here. The (dead) trees do get in the way but they ought to all be clear cut next year. Saw 16 meteors tonight most of the while thinking about how unflavored juice is getting boring. Maybe I'll go back to blackberry again. :(

Have a wonderful anniversary and enjoy the show!

:facepalm: Should have hit the link first. Thought you were trying to steer her to the FP. Annoying that it doesn't show you it's going to a specific post, just the name of the thread. I was on my way to walk and just wanted to warn you. :oops:
TY, Tutu! I just tagged her in a link to get her here so she wouldn't have to dig for the one on the last porch or something. Page 1 is a click away once you get here.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
One of those things that I have come to learn are social "niceties". It is a good feeling, and outlook enhancer, to say good morning or how is your day when I encounter others. I have been doing it for a long time as a matter of education, but I have seen the benefits later in life. Maybe it is just because I think we need simple courtesy and social caring.

People get a little off-balance, it seems, when I ask how their day is going and I am looking at them waiting for a response. Great way to pass the time.
The custom has fallen into disuse in recent years. As have please, & thank you, holding a door open for the person behind, or approaching you, & table manners. The simple niceties of human contact have fallen victim to the pc disease. I miss them.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I used to travel a lot more and I realized the view of the "rude Americans". I leave Friday for the Middle East and I WILL cheek kiss and hold hands with old farts. (sigh)

Their culture dictates social niceties before business. That is not really a bad thing.

It may have fallen into disuse in America, but no one needs to be a "rude American".

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I used to travel a lot more and I realized the view of the "rude Americans". I leave Friday for the Middle East and I WILL cheek kiss and hold hands with old farts. (sigh)

Their culture dictates social niceties before business. That is not really a bad thing.

It may have fallen into disuse in America, but no one needs to be a "rude American".
Amen! When in Rome.....

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
To keep this post on the vaping topic, I placed another order from FT including my 3rd back-up mech mod and a few other bits that I wanted/needed. I have one more small (Under $20) order to place on Friday.

Sorry to post this here, but...well....
@Kenna I'm glad your foot is going to be ok!
My foot seems to be fine, though a tiny bit tender IF I press on it. The bruise is going away. I also told you that my sis caught that toothpick in her foot at the base of her toes. She ended up having to have minor surgery this morning- septic infection! Geez.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
To keep this post on the vaping topic, I placed another order from FT including my 3rd back-up mech mod and a few other bits that I wanted/needed. I have one more small (Under $20) order to place on Friday.

Sorry to post this here, but...well....
My foot seems to be fine, though a tiny bit tender IF I press on it. The bruise is going away. I also told you that my sis caught that toothpick in her foot at the base of her toes. She ended up having to have minor surgery this morning- septic infection! Geez.
Happy that yours is getting better. It does take a little time & patience. Hard when no toe tapping is allowed! Your sister had to have surgery? Whoa! I don't even want to thonk about the pain of tjat injury & the aftermath. I''ve been so careful of mine. I'm walking big circles around anything I might stub my foot on! BIG circles!
I'm trying to make decisions on my August orders. Really hard to do! I keep going over my list & moving thing up or down in priority & then putting it back like it was! [emoji12]

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
One of those things that I have come to learn are social "niceties". It is a good feeling, and outlook enhancer, to say good morning or how is your day when I encounter others. I have been doing it for a long time as a matter of education, but I have seen the benefits later in life. Maybe it is just because I think we need simple courtesy and social caring.

People get a little off-balance, it seems, when I ask how their day is going and I am looking at them waiting for a response. Great way to pass the time.

I noticed a difference when I came to America. In England when you meet someone you say "how do you do" or some less formal equivalent. The correct response is to say the same thing back. Americans tend to take it as an actual question and tell you how they are doing.

Saw this once and saved it:

In case any of you haven't received this month's ex-pat newsletter from the Palace yet, HMQ has instructed us to remind our American friends, once again, that when one says How Do You Do this should not be taken to mean that one desires to know how you are doing. In particular one does not wish to hear about your latest surgical procedure or your overachieving children.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The only non-metal drip tips I had were a couple made of types of stone. Both of them broke. I was looking for Delrin drip tips a while back and all I found were the ones with large holes for dripping. Any suggestions on where to look? I guess I could try FT. Never done that though.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Gonna have to try those!

... to remind our American friends, once again, that when one says How Do You Do this should not be taken to mean that one desires to know how you are doing. In particular one does not wish to hear about your latest surgical procedure or your overachieving children.

<tongue in cheek> Well, we don't have to wait near as long for our $urgerie$ here, and my kids are fantastic! Can hardly wait 'til I can afford my tummy (beer gut) tuck...
BigGrin-1.gif

I must admit, in reality, it can get quite unpleasant enduring an hypochondriac's sincere response...
doh.gif

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    FA Maxx Blend is a good tobacco, it smell just like tobacco and you only need 2.5-3%.

To me, there's a little honey sweetness. That was the first flavor I bought when I orderd my amber rounds from MFS; making more tonight. I used 3%. Is there anything I should add for fun? I got hooked from my first premade order from FSUSA.

Stop that right this minute!!

Very well then, more to come.

It's the thought that counts! :thumbs: :lol: Might want to post that on the BP for her too. :)

n00b question; what's the difference between the FP and BP?

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    n00b question; what's the difference between the FP and BP?

Front Porch we're supposed to stick to vaping topics at the admins requests as it's in the General Forum area.

Back Porch -- uh whatch ya wanna talk 'bout -- bring it on.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Thanks Deb! The vacation is extra important as it's our 26th anniversary, 30 yrs together. We managed to get time off between dr appts. :thumbs: My DH and I have been doing our part to contribute to the health care system these last few months and start up again in Sept :cry:
    awwwwwww Happy Anniversary!!!!! That's fantastic. Hate y'all have all the health issues though.

oh I like those a lot better due to the shape. And.......wait for it....... they come in purple!!! hehehe I don't think I'd wanna use em all the time, but would like to try some just to see. Also, really hope that they aren't the same stuff that the whistle tips are made of on the EMDCCs cuz those I had a reaction to. Lips got swollen and a very uncomfortable.

@Kenna

Juicy Peach Custard - Recipe 21
    Originator: ECF - FF Modified

For 20ml Bottle:
    Base 50/50 w/ .02mg Nic 85% X 17ml
    9% TFA Juicy Peach X 1.8ml
    5% FA Custard X 1ml
    1% TFA DX Bavarian Crème X 0.2ml
    .33% TFA Sweetener (Not Needed) X 0ml
    20ml Total
    Notes:
    22 Mar 16 - mixed
    14 Apr 16 - Lost the last one, remixing.
    9 May 16 - Are the percents correct? Check by vaping it.
    11 May 16 - Recipe messed up. Went to http://..................../recipe/223661/Lemon+pudding+ to get another. Replaced the above with new recipe. (Starting over)
    11 May 16 - Switching to Peach Custard. Re-mixed at 2.5ml
    11 May 16 - Wondering how the peach and custard will interact. I will let it steep for at least three weeks.
    21 Jun 16 - Not sure which peach is in this recipe. A Magma has it soaking in for a few minutes. I believe the TFA Juicy Peach is the primary flavor instead of the FA Peach. Looking at the percents, I wonder if the peach is strong enough at 6%. We will see in a few minutes. Just as I thought, it needs more peach (+3%). Also, go with Juicy Peach to confirm its use. Add another .175% (10d)of sugar. Recipe changed.
    21 Jun 16 - When I adjusted the recipe it was based upon using the FA Peach, not TFA Juicy Peach. It was pretty weak, so I added 3%, well, TFA Juicy is stronger and a touch sweeter. So the new recipe may be to strong and sweet. TFA Juicy Peach is what is being used and be prepared to drop it back a bit.
    18 Jul 16 - Pretty darn good. Peach is primary and noticeable. FA Custard gives a slight cooked addition and TFA DX Bavarian Crème smooths it a touch. Sweetener not used. Final recipe listed above.

Hope is worthwhile :)
    Thanks for that and for all your notes. Copied all of it. :)

Bravo to vape shops trying to educate their customers. I suddenly don't blame some owners for being confused. If you guys haven't read this, please take a look. The FDA's Incomprehensible Answer To A Crucial Question About Its E-Cigarette Regulations
    the link didn't work for me. Took me to something about forbes, then said click her to continue to site, but it just brought me back to the first thing. Apparently I'm not on the approved list of viewers :lol:

The custom has fallen into disuse in recent years. As have please, & thank you, holding a door open for the person behind, or approaching you, & table manners. The simple niceties of human contact have fallen victim to the pc disease. I miss them.
    For both of these posts, where I'm at, we do a lot of both of these often. I often forget that folks everywhere don't. When my brother was down here some years back, I was driving him somewhere, and an fellow in an oncoming pickup waved, I waved back. My brother said.......you know that guy?? Newp. Then why'd he wave at you?? He's just bein friendly, so I waved back. He was ready to jump outta the car and go beat the guy up for waving at his lil sister! lol Freaked out another friend who was visiting from up north...... Needed to get out of a parking lot into oncoming traffic......waved at a car that was there and pointed to where I wanted to be, they stopped and motioned me out. She was dumbfounded, saying that would never ever happen where she was from. Really freaked her out when I did it again later to change lanes. We do get our buttholes here, but mostly folks are really friendly. Not unusual at all to strike up a conversation with someone in the grocery store line. Kenna probably has some of that where she is too, smal town country folks are great here.

oh wow......glad yours is improving too, and hate she got the infection, but glad your sister caught it and got it taken care of!!

I noticed a difference when I came to America. In England when you meet someone you say "how do you do" or some less formal equivalent. The correct response is to say the same thing back. Americans tend to take it as an actual question and tell you how they are doing.

Saw this once and saved it:

In case any of you haven't received this month's ex-pat newsletter from the Palace yet, HMQ has instructed us to remind our American friends, once again, that when one says How Do You Do this should not be taken to mean that one desires to know how you are doing. In particular one does not wish to hear about your latest surgical procedure or your overachieving children.
    Wow, y'all get newsletters from the Queen tellin y'all how to act? Kinda nice I reckin to have reminders to be polite. Around here when someone says how ya doin? The usual response is......fair to middlin or fine as frog hair and you? bout the same. Although I really don't wanna know about their whole life......it is odd to me when I do ask someone how they're doing, and they don't say how they're doin! lol

hmmm? Ran across this today. A multi-purpose topper.

Aspire - Aspire Quad-Flex Survival Kit
    oh goody a vapey thing I can respond too hehehe
    Saw a short vid on this. Don't really like how the one tank fills, needle tip bottles or having to shove wicks aside with a dropper. Don't really like having to shove the wicks down through holes to git em wet. Dunno how the nauti x part works. Would likely only use it as a BF, and it'll likely be way too pricey for me for just that. Here's the vid if you wanna watch it. not a review, just showin how it goes together and works.

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    ":devil:" :confused: :devil:
    testing emo's,,,, its been years since played with them.. used to be able to 'create your own' and stick them nearly anywhere.. but i have lost my touch for sure. cant seem to get the formatting right. (translated: ignore this post)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    ":devil:" :confused: :devil:
    testing emo's,,,, its been years since played with them.. used to be able to 'create your own' and stick them nearly anywhere.. but i have lost my touch for sure. cant seem to get the formatting right. (translated: ignore this post)
    here's a great place for testing things. If you want to get there, it's the first main page of ECF all the way at the bottom

The Sandbox

I put mine in Photobucket for now. If you just find one you can drag and drop, or copy and paste, but from PB you have to copy and paste the code. Haven't tried imgur, but some prefer it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread