Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
A majority of people have all the equipment they need, and then some. The dooming panic. No spare money left. So they are turning to cheap thrills.

Cheap thrills or not, all these flavoring things have made me hungry for days. Anybody else remember the post about someone coming across a bunch of bikers in a parking lot arguing about who had the best creme brulee vaping recipe? I still chuckle about it. Since I've had problems with flavors/allergies/etc., I'm just jealous of you guys. Currently using a maximum of one drop per 10ml of base, it's working for they dryness but actually tastes strong, I'm happy where I'm I at. I'm not smoking and haven't been for years. Win! :thumbs: They don't sell key lime pie up here, will have to wait until we go to the City." :cry:

Well, if you want to count all of them, I have a couple of small boxes of 4 oz in the closet, hthe box on my desk has about 150 10 - 30 oz. A few are duplicates. I started getting 4oz sizes of the ones I use most so I don't have to order much anymore. Unless it's for a new recipe I want to try, & then I'm getting sample vials from Wizard if they they have the flavor. If I don't like the flavor ivm not wasting much on itn & I have the vial for mixing trials.

You have 150 flavors? Really? I do envy you guys though some of yours may be multiples of the same flavor?

I'm kind of like what most of you have mentioned when it comes to Model Trains. I have several of many of the same Locomotives and Rolling pieces but in different Company names. And justify each one of them. :lol: But as bad as I think I am with that I find folks that make me seem mild in comparison. No hobbies are cheap; nine of them. And I would hope that everyone has Hobbies.:thumb:

Model trains rock, especially steam engines! :) I'll spare the stories but did you mean to post this on the BP?

You don't watch grass grow (or weeds?). Can be pretty exciting after it rains..

Watched bamboo grow in Hawaii, I'm still blown away that you can actually see it. Grass? Nope.

Same here. I have a few 120ml sealed bottles and my wife's 500ml of grape candy in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Only because I have 20-40ml of these flavours open and the 500ml will have to last a year and a half to 2 years, so I might as well keep it cool until I open it.

Everything else is on a counter in my basement. Generally dark but room temperature.

BreSha, welcome to the porch! :)

Ok. Got me to re-organize some. I really want my stuff on shelves so I can see them all. But, I don't have the shelves yet. So, in the meantime I grabbed some more empty plastic peanut butter jars and dumped it all out and re-organized.

Here's the results:

FlavoringOrg1555.jpg

FlavoringOrg2555.jpg

That's the best I can do for now. Still just dumped into jars of different categories. But, at least into smaller categorie

Nifty filing technique. If I had enough to do it that way, I would. All the ones I have are in an old cigar box I bought somewhere(actually a cigar store in Portland that sells their old boxes, kinda cool). Other junk takes up the spare half of the box. I'm glad I didn't toss them at this point or otherwise I'd be in deep trouble.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Same here. I have a few 120ml sealed bottles and my wife's 500ml of grape candy in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Only because I have 20-40ml of these flavours open and the 500ml will have to last a year and a half to 2 years, so I might as well keep it cool until I open it.

Everything else is on a counter in my basement. Generally dark but room temperature.
Welcome to The Porches!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
welcome to the porches!!! We're supposed to keep this one to vaping related subjects as much as we can, but we also have a back porch where we can talk about anything. Hope you'll join us there too! Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch-Part Six

Tell us a lil about yourself. how long ya been vaping, what kind of equip do you use etc. :)

Thanks!

Coming up to one year vaping for me after 30 years of a pack a day.

I am using mostly mechanical mods and Provaris and have way too many mods and tanks. Also almost 100% DIY for juice.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Thanks!

I am using mostly mechanical mods and Provaris and have way too many mods and tanks. Also almost 100% DIY for juice.
So happy for those who have learned from old-timers. No longer so expensive to find one's "happy place".

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So happy for those who have learned from old-timers. No longer so expensive to find one's "happy place".
It's been a very expensive year, but moving forward my vaping costs will be far cheaper than smoking. Add my wife into the equation as she has been vaping for 4 months, and vaping for gets incredibly cheap vs. smoking.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
You have 150 flavors? Really? I do envy you guys though some of yours may be multiples of the same flavor?

The duplicates are larger sizes of things I liked that I got in sample or 10 ml sizes originally. When I like them I get a larger size on the next order.

Model trains rock, especially steam engines! :) I'll spare the stories but did you mean to post this on the BP?

He was comparing his train collecting hobby to flavoring & recipe collecting. Then there's fabric....[emoji15]

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks!

Well, congratulations on all of the above!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Watched bamboo grow in Hawaii, I'm still blown away that you can actually see it. Grass? Nope.

Need to spend some more time in western WA for that... ;)

I'm using two of these for my flavor storage (other than the big "stock" bottles)

Portable Storage Case

30 ml bottles will fit in most of the slots, and I put labels on the inside of the lid to separate out into groups. And easy to pick up and move into the mix lab, aka kitchen :lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It's been confirmed, DancingHeretik hoards empty peanut butter jars!! ROFL :lol:
You've learned my secret. But, now I've used them all and need more!
Thanks!

It's been a very expensive year, but moving forward my vaping costs will be far cheaper than smoking. Add my wife into the equation as she has been vaping for 4 months, and vaping for gets incredibly cheap vs. smoking.
I see you decided to branch out from the Stocking threads. Very nice to see you here on the Porches.

Find a comfy chair, put your feet up, and make yourself at home! Just watch your wallet! Enablers don't lurk only on the Stocking threads.

How wonderful to have someone IRL to share vaping with! Is your wife on ECF too?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
If anyone here has a Lemo I figured out a good trick.

I mentioned recently I had a problem with the Lemo not firing on a Provari because the negative ring was touching the positive pin on the Provari. I tried putting an o-ring on the screw, but it tended to slip or get pushed out. Last night I had the idea of dropping a small piece of o-ring into the screw hole in the dome shaped piece that the positive pin screws into. Experimented with different sized pieces until I got the pin to stick out about 1/8 from the negative ring. It's more stable than using an o-ring since the piece has nowhere to go. It also gives a small amount of sponginess to the connection so you can turn the tank on a fraction more after the pins make contact, which seems to lock it in place.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
First impressions review of the Kanger Nebox, available for $20 from vaping.com. Orders of $25 and more get free US shipping. I bought two; the blue one pictured, and a white one. Nebox

KangerNebox.jpg

Pros:

10 ml permanently enclosed tank

Very compact

Feels solid but not heavy: 7.8 oz including full tank of joose, battery and drip tip

Plastic cylindrical drip tip

60 watts and TC capable

Can be charged with included USB cable

2 pre-built heads and a rebuildable head are included. Uses same heads as Kanger Subtank, I'm pretty sure.

Cons:

Tank can't be removed for cleaning

Tank is plastic, not glass

Mod has to be perpendicular to face or shnoz will touch the mod when vaping, if you're an index finger button-pusher like me, because the drip tip starts where the mod ends. Does not apply to those who push the power button with their thumb.

Battery cover requires coin or very strong fingernail

Uses just one 18650 battery

Note: warning card in box advises not to charge in vertical position for some unknown reason

Overall: an absolute steal at this price, performs well, very pocketable. No fatal flaws. I love it. I'm assuming that it wasn't as popular as anticipated, and that's the reason for the low price. However, I have no idea why this isn't a really popular mod. Did I mention I love it?

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
You've learned my secret. But, now I've used them all and need more!

I see you decided to branch out from the Stocking threads. Very nice to see you here on the Porches.

Find a comfy chair, put your feet up, and make yourself at home! Just watch your wallet! Enablers don't lurk only on the Stocking threads.

How wonderful to have someone IRL to share vaping with! Is your wife on ECF too?
Nope. She has no interest in vaping other than to quit smoking. She is JUST starting to change her own batteries and juice. :rolleyes:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Always sed. If u don't find the right juice, quitting smokes is torture. If you do find the right flavor... nirvana. You'll never smoke again. So if you're fighting it, keep up your search for that magic flavor.
The reason I swear by this... 54 years of 3 packs a day... picked up an ego and some juice cuz the daughter didn't want smoking around the grandson. Not even slightly interested in quitting, but the juice was perfection. Never smoked again. Nearly 3 years later.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
:lol::lol: We shall see. I'll be attempting to refute the prohibition against charging it standing up, via direct action. Civil disobedience.

Actually, the not removeable tank kills it for me, so I won't have to engage in protest action :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread